Thread: Force Combat Beta: Fan-Made Star Wars Fighting Game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Force Combat Beta: Fan-Made Star Wars Fighting Game

As someone who played (endured?) Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi in 1997 on the original PlayStation We might finally have something here to at least partially make up for that abomination. An impressive Fan made (for PC) Star Wars Fighting game!

Force Combat Beta: Fan-Made Star Wars Fighting Game: Final Trailer and Download Link!

FULL DESCRIPTION OF VIDEO AS LISTED ON YOUTUBE!

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/lastjawa
    Download Force Combat Beta here:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/fk3a8..._Beta.zip/file
    Frequent Screenshots and info:

https://x.com/Lastjawa1

Donate Via PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/donate?busine...rency_code=USD

Final trailer for Force Combat Beta and download link! New characters include Plo Koon, Cal Kestis, Han Solo, fully playable Boba Fett, Darth Revan, Darth Malak, Bastila Shan, Dark Trooper, Magna Guard, Kir Kanos, Finn, Thok and Darth Talon! New fight towers including The Clone Wars and Season 1 and 2 of The Mandalorian! New Stages in the game include Rakata Prime, The Starforge, Corellia, Morak, Moff Gideon's Star Destroyer, Corvus, The Outpost, Arvala 7, Sorgan, Maldo Kreis, Yavin IV, Oba Dia, Floruum, Hoth, Teth and Tython!

Fan-made game with Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Rey, Kylo Ren, Ahsoka Tano, Seventh Sister, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, Anakin, Count Dooku, Satele Shan, Darth Malgus, Yoda, General Grievous, Leia Organa, Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn, Galen Marek, The Mandalorian, Moff Gideon, Mace Windu, Assaj Ventress, Cals Kestis, Han Solo, Boba Fett, Bastila Shan and Darth Revan.

Music:

'Legionnaire' by Scott Buckley - released under CC-BY 4.0.
    www.scottbuckley.com.au

https://soundcloud.com/scottbuckley

Creative Commons — ‘Attribution 4.0 International’ (CC BY 4.0) License

Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 05-31-2024 at 04:27 AM.
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    A patch of soil where I have to pay taxes even after owning it.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well...you gotta have motivation I guess, when you do programming. Like "Fear and Hunger 1 - 3". It is hard to do something and not be paid for it, and have skills while you could be making money or looking for $R#$#@@.

I have not seen anything Melee like for Starwars since playing "Energize" or that PSX Starwars fighter in SEARS like forever. I am not a SW fan but I do enjoy the idea for many reasons as the next person.

1) Space Cowboys
    2) Phantasy Star / Star Ocean / FF12 and anything else that would involve swords in space.
    3) Bounty Hunter BBfett/Jango and that one Father and Son scene
    4) Princess in peril bikini outfit which was and is iconic.
    5) Space Dog-fights
    6) That scene where you see a Star Destroyer fall into the Atmosphere or on another command ship.
    7) Father and son thing between Skywalker and Vador
    8) Did Luke do it with Leia before they found out ?
    9) Self-serviant bad-arse idependent leader next to Sally Acorn
    10) The comedic relief of 3cpo and R2D2. GTFOut soccer mom mini model
    11) How the droid saga literally reflects the recent two StarWars 3d Vulcan games.
    12) Star wars games on the NES to the SNES. Why? Because they are a challenge that must be played.
    13) Including that one spin-off game on the N64 and PC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gametrek View Post
    Well...you gotta have motivation I guess, when you do programming. Like "Fear and Hunger 1 - 3". It is hard to do something and not be paid for it, and have skills while you could be making money or looking for $R#$#@@.
    With modern game engines you can make games like this with very little programming knowledge. But having said that, people don't make fan games to make money. Heck, very few indie games even actually make money. People do it for the same reason they do any hobbies...because they like to.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jb143 For This Useful Post:

OldSchoolGamer (06-18-2024)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Just played it. Amazing. Still checking out the costumes.

If Leia had her bikini and Princess get-up, and we could play as Boba and Jango
    masked and unmasked it would be perfect. Even having the ability to play as Indiana
    Jones and the President, along with the construction worker would be great. Even the Blues Brothers
    outfit she wore.

Actually gave me a reason to enjoy starwars outside the original trilogy. Honestly It is extremly hard for me to understand and get Starwars without playing Phantasy Star or FFantasy, or some other related films and material. Because the media milked it so muchit has a terrible cheeze thing.

Hard mode is intense without proper controller or keyboard scheme $#$##@ ed up. I mean wow.

Relaxing because not lame.. Only thing I wish I could change is the brightness of all the lights. Like Vadors costume for instance. I understand but Vador has alternative costumes.

Then of course is how our man who is not Lando has the force as well. Amazing.

We should also have zoids ( the robots or whatever ) in the mix.
    Last edited by Gametrek; 06-07-2024 at 02:51 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gametrek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Wall of text.
    As someone who has made and released a few games and has been making games for fun since childhood, and as someone who interacts with other indie devs, I can say for 100% certainty that most indie devs not make a lot of money from their games. They do it because they think it's fun. And for most, it's a hobby.

Just because some indie dev studios are set up as an actual company with the goal of making money does not change this fact.

Even devs who work for AAA studios only do it because they like making games. Otherwise, they'd work at some corporate programming job making a lot more money under a lot less stress.

But we're talking about fan games here. Of course they do it with no expectation of making money. Of course they do it because they like making games...either for the challenge, experience, to implement some features they wish other games had, or simply to make something exist they wish existed. But at the end of the day, if they didn't like doing it, they wouldn't do it.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jb143 For This Useful Post:

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Honestly think about how Rareware made "Perfect Dark" which only had like around four to five people working on it.. Why can't people just get together and make there own Perfect Dark using the same formula? Oh wait they do not have the Golden Eye license, and are not hanging out with Nintendo on Holidays. They had fun but they had a commitment. Even so half-way through procution of Perfect Dark
    a couple of people key to the game development left Rare.

It is like Doom. Terrible game but more or less more Wolfenstien 3d. Then a developer left thinking "The code from Doom is all I need to score big" and his game was garbage that hit the fan "Daktana". The guy made a career out of his failure.

The purpose is to make stuff that is fun. While you can have fun it is still work. It is like what the "Super Smash Brothers Melee and Wii champion said "This is work" when somebody tossed a crab at him ( replicating Street Fighter ). A guy who played videogames as a job.. No different then any sportsman.
    We could have fun, but we are here to win. Not to play around. We are talking about property, families, loved ones, babies. We migh enjoy it but there is a higher calling.

Another example is the programmer for "Zelda U and Switch game". He is a westerner in Japan and he had an opertunity to work in Nintendo as a programmer.. He was given the tasks to make the animals of Hytule come to life,. Honest to gosh that sucks but his bonus he could say for the rest of his life "I programmed part of a Zelda game, that is my code you are admiring". The same could be said for an actor on "Red Dead Revolver" where the towns people are screaming in horror". That is a paid actor who make it his life to perform parts on stage or via film.

It is work and no matter how much fun you are having it is work. You might be friendly and realize that there is one buzzard in the room who is a crybaby ( could get angry, wants to atack you, looking to sue somebody ) . I learn this while doing photography. I have the proof in my photos.
    Last edited by Gametrek; 06-07-2024 at 03:15 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gametrek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

So do you get buffs if you have the high ground?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    Will you stop trying to make that a thing. Keep it simple. Have you played the game on hard-mode yet?

You have to know the controls and react in time. Otherwise they should make a one-hit kill mode like with that Ninja PSX game which also had a sequel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You get buffs by being Obi-Wan Kenobi, doesn't matter if you have the low or high ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Will you stop trying to make that a thing. Keep it simple. Have you played the game on hard-mode yet?

You have to know the controls and react in time. Otherwise they should make a one-hit kill mode like with that Ninja PSX game which also had a sequel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentlegamer
    You get buffs by being Obi-Wan Kenobi, doesn't matter if you have the low or high ground.
    Alas, I think I must either insert a "Joke" tag in such posts as mine.

Gametrek: You make it sound like this has been my goal, all this time, using the ever beat down meme of "the high ground". In fact, this is my FIRST time I've used it online.....EVER. So I take a bow, step back and make circular gestures with my hand as I go off stage.

As for the game: I haven't even PLAYED it. I watched the trailer. It's pretty, I'll give it that but the fighting looks like a "Soulcaliber" wannabe. I might download it-is it just for Windows or is it multi-platform?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I might download it-is it just for Windows or is it multi-platform?
    It is a joke, and I am laughing. Obe-One character is literally the Apex of what a Jedi should be and boasts about it because he is the plot-hole, escapist character in the series.

This game makes up for all the crap that Disney is pulling. I Just wished there was a training mode where Jar Jar Binks is running around screaming for his life, but could hide in the water and background. Then we could "force move him" outta the backdrop, and back on to the playing field.
    Then he recovers by taking a dive and comming up for air even attempting to drag you into the water.

Just for fun the two bounty-hunters ( Han and "Shadows of the Empire" along with Droids ) should also be inside this game. I would love to see more droid-saga ( the animated tv series ) characters made real.

Or even if a gun could misfire and some of the background characters might be hit, or move out of the way or show ( make sounds / emotion ) that they were damaged a bit. Even have them attack or trip you
    on purpose.

Play the game it is truly messed up fun. Play it hard. You will not stop laughing at how insane the CPU is, at K.O.ing your character.

FYI no way this is a Calibur game. I have to checkout the series from the PSX to Dreamcast and so forth but honestly nope no way no how Calibur.