Thread: Slave Zero .... X

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    A patch of soil where I have to pay taxes even after owning it.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Slave Zero .... X

Once upon a time I was younger, there was this animation on Channel 9, ( before or during the UPN 9 stage ). I remember it being called "Slave Zero" ( or something close to that. It was about the alien race, hell bent on invading the planet Earth. It would appear on Sundays.

Our protaganist was one of the "Slaves", and this alien-race literally was transforming him into something, and or using him. All he could remember.

A crew found his vehicle. A mecha, that had a tear in it. They did there best to repair the mech by building around it. However through the show our protaganist would operate this limited mecha vehicle.

Unrelated a game called "Slave Zero" also stars a rebellion,
    where our protaganist have been merged with an over-sized mecha. This game have you wonder around cities, trampling people, cars, and having ....boring but realistic mecha shoot-outs with enemy mechs.

Apparently the Dreamcast version lacked sound. Somebody in the United States brought the rights to this game. They made a prequel called
    "Slave Zero X"

So if you miss "Rockman Zero" and maybe even Mecha, small-body-monster-horror, and or a semi-homo-erotica boys-comic, like "Bronze", "Zatsuyi", "Sword of Berserker", "Last Man", and or just about any other Beat-Em-up,

This game with get your blood going. Non-stop hack-n-slash, Non-stop insanity, and tons of Radio ( like Starfox ). Most importantly

The 3d is like something out of Sega-Saturn.

The game is nothing but 2d-sprites, streetfighter bosses, and all kinds of crazy insanity you can do with your mecha-abilities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I played Slave Zero on the Dreamcast, I found it boring and same-y. I keep hearing people talk about it like it was an amazing, life changing game and I don't really understand it. I love a good Mecha game, but the DC version didn't do anything for me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The only other game in comparison to "Slave Zero" I could remember was "Body-Harvest", which was more like a "Twilight-Zone"/"Resident Evil 1.5" episode staring Samus from "Metroid" ( but Samus is replaced with a big buffed dude and she is waiting for him to get back in there flying truck/van, while all the bug-slaying action is occuring.

Traditionaly Mecha games, like "Mech War" or any stratergy RPG ( with war grids ) are boring and long and put people to sleep. Only those who could stay away during playing battle-ship ( the boardgame ) and have post Battle-ship _ _ _ could actually take any joy out of those games. That I agree.

Actually "Slave Zero" when brought by the new IP rights holder, released the game as a GOG game, with it's original sound. I am looking for that still.

My interest is the animation/cartoon I could remember that resembles this scenario of the game. Much cleaner in content.

The game is really a life a changer, because a of people might feel the way the character feel. As I said both games have "radio" like "Starfox" or "Kirbys Adventure" spin-off ( Knightmare In Dreamland via super-stars ).

That is something that people experience and communicate in real life a lot of the time. Half my life, progressing to do anything is communicating through the phone itself. Which makes the experience enjoyable.

Then again when it comes to Beat-em-ups, which is not really all the rage anymore, and you grew up or lived during that time.

Ask yourself what was the pinnacle of videogames before 2d. That usually was Beat-em-up type games, which was literally fighters, but with limited sprites. With Slave-Zero-X, your getting that and the fast paced action of "Rockman Zero", with tons of blood-sprites of "Metal Slug" ( less animated IMO ), and the graphics of "Streetfighter Zero" or even "Marvel v. Streetfighter v. X-men" which is like a waken dream for many of us at this point.

Imagine being able to get that feeling, when you loaded up a Saturn ( or PSX ) and played a 2d game with incredible graphics, but with "Panzer-Dragon" 3d .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ah, the cartoon you were talking about sounds like Johnny Quest on a Saturday morning dossier of programs.

Slave Zero X looks good. But, I’ve only seen the trailer. Slave Zero on the Dreamcast looks like pre-Glover on a better system. I know, I know…that said the N64 was the kids dream of many, so I wouldn’t talk any bad about it.

I long ago lost my system, though I had two, at least. No Slave Zero copies, just Chameleon Twist maybe and some others. It was so long ago, and with emulation everywhere now, I don’t know if I’ll ever see one again in the wild. Maybe at the card shows around here.
    Last edited by fpbrush; 08-12-2024 at 03:24 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fpbrush View Post
    Ah, the cartoon you were talking about sounds like Johnny Quest on a Saturday morning dossier of programs.
    no no no.... Seriously it was not JQ. That was Cartoon Network. I am talking about during the 1990's. They had some Cartoons on during Sundays. ( like Stan Lee's Fantastic Four with commentary ).
    One of those animation was literally akin to Slave-Zero.

During that time, I honestly did not like most of anything on television outside of that time. But this one thing was Anime looking ( possible an animation with Japanese influence ). But it clearly had a western appeal ( where everything looks better then it really does or had applied special effects like 3d ).

Basically these humans was kidnapped ( or grown in test-tubes ). All the main character could remember was being called "Slave" ( the aliens called them ). The suit of armor which he was using had a leak ( venting atmosphere and or fluid/gas ). Then this team ( like regular people ) of in space had found "slave" repaired the amour ( which still had problems ) by creating an armor for it. Then the series continued with "slave" in the suit fighting various ( mostly in mecha-shooter type space battles ).

N64 was the kids dream of many, so I wouldn’t talk any bad about it.
    Before N64 all we had was Sonic-R on the Saturn. Being a brainwashed Nintendo fan the idea of SEGA being aniliated was an ideal dream.....how wrong we were. ( like how war 2001, Six-day, Communism blah blah brainwashed mentality ) The PSX was a mystery ( boring and being marketed towards adults due to it holding a CD-ROM ) and over-priced $599.

N64 fandom ( when it was new ) = one of those guys crucified in a Korean/Vietnam military drama, who is still alive. But instead of putting them out of there misery, or even giving them medical attention, we just walk by and pretend we did not see anything, or Ripley clone begging for death, when she see clone Ripley walks in with the flame thrower. But instead of making that request, Ripley just ignores her words, and replies "soon you will get yours, for now dream" and then she injects her with sleep-agent and shuts-her-eyes. Then when the movie ends, and we see the debris. She actually survive, looks around and a mountain-lion walks by, sniffs but instead of taking a bite, just wonders away.

So hard to break out of that mentality. Little-Rick not wanting to wake up and realize who he really is.