Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eBay.. scammed for a "new" Genesis 3 ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by punkoffgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    I'm not sure if the seller is really at fault here. It is possible that the item was damaged in shipping. After all, you did choose Sea Mail, and it doesn't sound like you insured it either.
    At least two other people who didn't necessarily have the units shipped overseas are having the same exact problem, and purchased from the same seller. It seems that shipping damage is unlikely.
    Regardless, we are talking about an item that was manufactured several years ago. Yes the item is brand new, but it was brand new 5-6 years ago! I do not think a seller on ebay has to warrant that the item is free from manufacturing defects, especially on something no longer made. Now, if it was a PS2 or Xbox I'd understand the buyer's grief because the item is still under warranty and the seller would have an avenue of recourse through the wholesaler and/or manufacturer. However, this is an item that is no longer made, presumably new old stock. How is this the seller's fault that it doesn't work? Maybe he just got a bad batch of systems.

When a seller does decide to open the item and test it, all I ever hear is people on this forum ripping him for false advertising, saying its no longer "New" because he used the system to test it. It seems he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. We can't have it both ways.

I feel the seller is being more than fair in this matter by offering a refund on the system only (and allowing the buyer to keep the parts!!) based only upon the buyers allegations. Seriously, what proof does the seller have that the system does indeed not work other than the buyer's word?? I do not think he should be blacklisted. That is completely not justified.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Esquire, good points, and I'd be inclined to agree with you, EXCEPT for the five OTHER sellers who got Gen 3's from this guy and they ALL have problems. If he was alone in having a bad system, then yes, his offer to refund half the money is very good. But it almost seems like the seller KNEW these were bad systems. After having found out about other buyers having problems I would want a full refund also or a new system and if I did'nt get it I'd file a claim with PayPal. Even if the seller did'nt know they were bad -- and hey, I agree with you, he may not have -- you now have six pissed off people at you with non working systems. I would apoligize and refund all their money minus shipping!
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I was searching through videoman1735's feedbacks to check on others that might have been burned and came across this:

jaxson2433( 5 ) 29-Dec-03 09:36:18 GMT 3064999171 S
    Neutral : It has been fun but already purchase one. Hope to do business later.
    Did jaxson2433 bid and win something from videoman1735, decided to buy it elsewhere and let videoman know in a neutral feedback? Shitty.

Ok back on topic, yeah I agree, if lots of people are getting units that don't work he has to know by now and he is still selling them (look at his january auctions). I would see if he would give you a full refund (he probably won't give you shipping since that wasn't faulty ).
    GameGuru
    Visit Nostalgia Gaming if you like classic gaming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    Esquire, good points, and I'd be inclined to agree with you, EXCEPT for the five OTHER sellers who got Gen 3's from this guy and they ALL have problems. If he was alone in having a bad system, then yes, his offer to refund half the money is very good. But it almost seems like the seller KNEW these were bad systems. After having found out about other buyers having problems I would want a full refund also or a new system and if I did'nt get it I'd file a claim with PayPal. Even if the seller did'nt know they were bad -- and hey, I agree with you, he may not have -- you now have six pissed off people at you with non working systems. I would apoligize and refund all their money minus shipping!
    Still, no one is explaining why this is his fault that they don't work. They are NIB and NOS. How is he responsible for them?

BTW, I checked his feedback and apparently not all buyers of the Sega Genesis 3 NIB are complaining. In fact none are.

http://cgi2.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayIS...d=videoman1735

on the first two pages, look at feedback left by:
    tomsriverdodge
    thestraightedge_de
    mry1285 (x2)
    starmie069
    louiepuppy
    nugblaze
    kagesaru
    dwayneed
    breyfla
    jaxson2433
    scourgeofgod
    toothpick58
    malakamags
    gats44
    akane-ranma
    caleb-jonathan-2

That's 16 satisfied buyers who bought 17 Sega Genesis 3 units. There's not one negative feedback regarding the item. And like I said, the seller is already willing to refund the cost of the item. I would not expect him to refund shipping. Besides, the buyer is being allowed to keep the alleged defective unit. So why blacklist him?

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Maybe I misread something -- and sorry if I did -- but I thought I read from our British friend that the seller was only going to refund HALF his money. I'd ask for the unit back and give a FULL refund except for shipping. Also, he says he's heard from five people in e-mail who have problems with Gen 3's bought from this guy. I'm only going off what our English buyer said and what I would do in the sellers case.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Noo!!! I went back to Toys R us and they said they haven't had the sega 3's in a few months. They were 15 bucks though. I should have bought them all out to make big profit. DAng.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe I misread something -- and sorry if I did -- but I thought I read from our British friend that the seller was only going to refund HALF his money. I'd ask for the unit back and give a FULL refund except for shipping. Also, he says he's heard from five people in e-mail who have problems with Gen 3's bought from this guy. I'm only going off what our English buyer said and what I would do in the sellers case.
    He won the auction for $42. Shipping & Handling was $28. The seller is offering $35 refund and letting the buyer keep the item, sight unseen based upon the buyer's allegations only. Now the buyer wants to blacklist him.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Was that last double post from you REALLY needed? Did you join just to insult someone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

In regards to the lost posts:

Was that last double post from you REALLY needed? Did you join just to insult someone?
    Don't worry, I saved him from the fished him out of the gene pool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not sure to whom that was directed. I didn't think I double posted. More so, I am not how I am insulting anyone. Just voicing my opinion. I hope you were referring to someone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Not sure to whom that was directed. I didn't think I double posted. More so, I am not how I am insulting anyone. Just voicing my opinion. I hope you were referring to someone else.
    Rest assured, he was. I removed the offending topics into the abyss.

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Jesus, what's with Valparaiso lately? First this:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...paraiso#254020

and now this guy. Orville Redenbacher must be rolling in his grave. (And I doubt anybody will know what the hell I'm talking about.)

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think this guy should just suck it up and stop whinning. You bought a sealed item, and that means the qaulity has not been checked.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, and I've just found out why this Genesis 3 that I have, and the others that the seller has sent out are so shitty.

Quite simply, they are counterfeit!!!

I have seen pictures of the insides of other Genesis 3's on the Net, and my Genesis 3 in particular has TWO BOARDS INSIDE, not a Sega branded chip to be found on the whole board. The second board is just a cheap brown board, and it has a ribbon like connector attached to the first board, GLUED DOWN...

I have confirmed this is the case with the other buyers...

I have seen a counterfeit extremely good copy Genesis 1 on the net... it was the same design!!! two boards....

My paypal dispute is in processing..

To answer esquire, the other people who left positives, including me, didnt actually check the item before leaving feedback (I bought it, it came looked great, didnt try it) - then tried it and had problems...

So get off your high horse!!! I'm sure you'd just love to get burned off videoman1735 this BAD BAD Ebayer!

He said he got them off Sega, and he's contacting them in the next few days.... bullshit, they're counterfeit!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

The color of the box looked a little funny in the auctions, but I didn't say anything because I don't know everything about the Genesis 3, so maybe it did come in a greenish box.....The gen. 3 that I have has more of a sonic-blue and I'm not sure if the manual looks like the one pictured, but I could be wrong on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of the Felines
    Jesus, what's with Valparaiso lately? First this:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...paraiso#254020

and now this guy. Orville Redenbacher must be rolling in his grave. (And I doubt anybody will know what the hell I'm talking about.)

Kristine
    I almost went to college there. For those who don't know, Orville Redenbacher was from Valpo. Now, what do I win?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticjelly
    To answer esquire, the other people who left positives, including me, didnt actually check the item before leaving feedback (I bought it, it came looked great, didnt try it) - then tried it and had problems...

So get off your high horse!!! I'm sure you'd just love to get burned off videoman1735 this BAD BAD Ebayer!
    First, I find it hard to believe that 16 people all left positive feedback before actually checking the item. Furthermore, since my post, 4 more people have left positive feedback. None have left negatives. No one has followed up to their positive saying they were mistaken - the item doesn't work.

Second, as for getting off my high horse sir, if you don't like my opinion, don't come into the forums asking for it. Just because you don't like what I have to say does not justify the attitude.

As I said earlier, I feel the seller is being far in giving you a 90% refund on item cost site unseen, and allowing you to keep the item. Moreover your new allegations that the item is counterfeit does not necessarily mean that the seller counterfeited the items. If someone passes you a bad $20 bill (or pound in your case) and you go to use it unwittingly, are you guilty of counterfeiting? Of course not. Remember, you bought a sealed item that was allegedly made over 6 years ago. If the guy was truly a crook, he wouldn't refund you any money at all. Considering his willingness to work with you, I simply don't feel he should be blacklisted. Have a nice day.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First, I find it hard to believe that 16 people all left positive feedback before actually checking the item. Furthermore, since my post, 4 more people have left positive feedback. None have left negatives. No one has followed up to their positive saying they were mistaken - the item doesn't work.

Second, as for getting off my high horse sir, if you don't like my opinion, don't come into the forums asking for it. Just because you don't like what I have to say does not justify the attitude.

As I said earlier, I feel the seller is being far in giving you a 90% refund on item cost site unseen, and allowing you to keep the item. Moreover your new allegations that the item is counterfeit does not necessarily mean that the seller counterfeited the items. If someone passes you a bad $20 bill (or pound in your case) and you go to use it unwittingly, are you guilty of counterfeiting? Of course not. Remember, you bought a sealed item that was allegedly made over 6 years ago. If the guy was truly a crook, he wouldn't refund you any money at all. Considering his willingness to work with you, I simply don't feel he should be blacklisted. Have a nice day.
    I would have to agree with him. If the seller was out to screw you then why would he let you keep the merchandise and give you back almost the entire amount you won the auction for (sans shipping since the shipping actually worked so hence no refund).
    GameGuru
    Visit Nostalgia Gaming if you like classic gaming!