Starforce for NES is a bitch. I never really liked the game, but damned if I didn't try for years to beat it. I got to level 16 or 21 or something out of 24 levels ONCE w/o cheats (ok, NES Advantage Slo-mo). God, when game genie first came out, it was the first game I went after. It has an ending, but I've never found if the Japanese one has an ending (my japanese pirate doesn't have one). Apparently (I openned the rom in a hex viewer), the code is COMPLETELY different, and I can not get any game genie codes to work on it. I pulled every trick I could find online for GG code substitution, and no dice.

Good/EVIL hard: Holy Diver for famicom is one of the best games ever for the system, but holy friggin hell is it hard.....I just can't see someone beating that without cheats. That game is harder than hell WITH SAVE STATES!

Good Hard!: Phantasy Star 2 is really just a lot of leveling up....not too hard tho. Should take the average gamer about 2 weeks to beat if you play every day.

Good/Bad hard: Chakan...I actually got to the last boss once...you still get an ending if I remember correctly. I don't think you have to beat him. Don't wanna spoil why...(See spoiler below) The thing is, you only get one shot at him....no moreinfintie lives bullpucky. THAT SUCKS! Not impossible tho (takes mega practice...so frustrating). Took me about 2 or three (LONG) days to get to the end. Using an emu I got to the last boss and beat him, and I think the ending was only very slightly different if not different at all...

SPOILER ALERT

Don't read this if you dont wanna know what happens at the end of Chakan:

Ok, he defeats death and all the evil in the world, but death tells him that he hasn't won until all the evil in the universe is destroyed (death tells him to look to the heavens at all the stars...lotsa evil around those planets too!). Our buddy Chakan has quite a ways to go!

-Rob