View Poll Results: Would you prefer to register to play for one or two people?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just ME!

22 48.89%
  • ME plus spouse, friend, or another member.

23 51.11%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Send a Member to CGE, 2004 Edition PREQUEL!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't see what the big deal is..

flight from anywhere in the USA to Vegas is dirt cheap (since so many airlines fly it!) The hotel is the most expensive thing. So if you win, you already got the room.. pay for the spouce out of pocket for the flight..

simple, no?

I was wondering:

- Will you allow non americans to join? I mean, I live in Toronto, and have no problem flying out of Buffalo (if I win)
    - Will you allow us to "ugrade" out of pocket to different hotel/room??

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leonk
    I don't see what the big deal is..

flight from anywhere in the USA to Vegas is dirt cheap (since so many airlines fly it!) The hotel is the most expensive thing. So if you win, you already got the room.. pay for the spouce out of pocket for the flight..

simple, no?

I was wondering:

- Will you allow non americans to join? I mean, I live in Toronto, and have no problem flying out of Buffalo (if I win)
    - Will you allow us to "ugrade" out of pocket to different hotel/room??
    Well, I will do my best to answer the questions and cover details but I am by no means the final say or even much of a say at all. But this is what I see:

The expo is in San Jose, alot of people are getting this mixed up.

I would imagine non americans could find a way to worm their way into the mix. However, I think it's just best that we let Joe and whoever he picks if anybody to help him make some of these decisions do their best. If you get stuck in a room with roaches, atleast you got there for free but I don't see why any of the rooms would have any problems considering it's in San Jose. Vegas has some problems sometimes but that's usually all you ever hear of. I'm sure Joe will do his best to keep us in a nice affordable hotel room.

Anybody feel free to step in and knock me around if I messed up the details but most of them should be right. and the last part is just my best guess, and given that I know Joe doesn't have endless time to give to this contest...He would probably just pick the hotel that he sees best fit given his discretion but we'll let him decide that for himself. I'm not sure if the expo is held at a hotel but it sure seems like it would be and I would almost imagine that's where you would be destined should you win. Just my best guess....once again, my best guess.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry, don't feel like editing. Anyways, just thought I would include that a nice hotel and a nice flight would cost $275 for the flight or so(Day, OH to Vegas, Flew it last year) and the hotel was $50 a night since we went with a group at a seminar and $50 was a good deal. So, that breaks it down about right. 50 members sign up $10 to get one person a flight, a room for 2 nights, and $100 spending cash. As well, anything anybody else donates.

EDIT: Ack, I will donate 2 packages of beefjerky overnighted to one of the winners houses the day before they leave if it helps any. I know many people that have moved from my area and the second they come back to town, they want to go get some of this jerky. It's strictly local as I'm sure was the case before, I used to deliver newspapers to the man behind the jerky. Also, winners can choose peppered or mild.....peppered is best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last year, all forum members, located in and outside of the U.S., new and old, were invited to join in. Yes, $500 would probably cover the total costs of the trip for most people, but it's not a guarantee to cover the total costs of the trip for everyone, and any person going in to it should have that expectation, that they may have to make up the difference (A plane ticket costs PRETTY close to that for me if I fly out of the airport in my home state). And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the cost of the hotel came out of the total winnings? You don't get the money AND a hotel room, right?

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

If I remember, as I asked Joe about it, the hotel room and up to $300 of the air flight were covered by the prize last year. I guess it would be similar this year.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im out...my work will not let me off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Achika
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Quote Originally Posted by Achika
    Hmm....I'd prefer singles, but if it was doubles.... I would want it to be two members winning. Donating $20, but seeing two grand prizes awarded to different board members.
    Strictly speaking, there's nothing wrong with that, but part of the appeal of the $20 entry fee was that if you won you could take somebody you know along. O_o
    I'm worried about something happening like nesuser2 said. The person who won, bringing someone along that didn't care about games. I'd feel like my $ went to waste, when there was a second member here that would have really liked to go.
    Personally, I would've given that other spot to a forum member, but I would like to have the option to select who.

I see the $20/doubles option is doing quite well...maybe we need to have another poll to see if that means there's two winners, or one winner who can select a friend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, the $20 option is for the winner to bring whoever they want. Spouse, family member, OR if they so choose, they can pick another forum member.
    If we wanted to make sure 2 separate forum members got it, then we'd run two $10 contests instead.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The poll is split down the middle.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75