Thread: Laplace no Ma (Demon of Laplace)...Vic Tokai's answer to Swe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Laplace no Ma (Demon of Laplace)...Vic Tokai's answer to Swe

I don't know much about this title other than it has been translated, this is the most information I can find out about it. It saw releases on the Super Famicom and the PC-Engine's CD-ROM system (not sure which variety), not aware of any others.

One review says it's one gigantic cliche and cites the intro, but Tomato here says that it's awesome and as he's translated the game I'm inclined to believe him. Vic Tokai, as you all know, is a gigantic animation house in Japan so I could easily imagine there being helpings of good and the bad or cheesy in there...

I will be checking this one out!

More information can be found if you search for "Diable de Laplace," as Tomato's page notes.

Edit: link fixed a second time, FOR REAL, sorry about that!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I heard of this game a while back and being a big Sweet Home fan (pretty much the only game I ever bothered to play through with a fan trasnslated ROM), I was intrigued.

From what I've heard, the PCE CD version is a totally different game, and it's first person (maybe a la Shadowgate, or maybe a first person RPG). I think there are more entries in the series too, but I haven't really looked into it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yup, so far the only fan-translated project I've played through was Sweet Home. Seems there's more than a few of us who aren't that excited about Star Ocean! (Well, not yet, anyway.)

I'll be sure to take a look into that lead. It's possible that the PC-Engine game is essentially the same but they've messed around with the visuals (changed viewpoint as you say), as I really don't think that truly good horror games need sequels ;)

Well, enough of that, I'm gonna go find that game. I think it'd make a nice addition to my collection!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I knew I played the game before because it was an Aeon Genesis project. Good game but I need to play it more.
    Sorry Ryan, but your girlfriend is in another school.

Video games & manga (my manga scanlation group that scanlates video game manga) http://www.north101.net/Chara/vgm/index.html

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ignore this.
    Sorry Ryan, but your girlfriend is in another school.

Video games & manga (my manga scanlation group that scanlates video game manga) http://www.north101.net/Chara/vgm/index.html

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

All I really remember about the game was that it had a lot of lovecraft references. But then again what horror game doesn't?

I still think Newcam was suppose to be Arkham. :P

And there are a lot of good translated games out there, you guys should try more then just Sweet Home. (although it was a great game aswell). Clock Tower for example is a kick ass survival horror game for the SNES.
    ________
    Vapir One Review
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    And there are a lot of good translated games out there, you guys should try more then just Sweet Home. (although it was a great game aswell). Clock Tower for example is a kick ass survival horror game for the SNES.
    Yeah, but I really hate playing a game seriously (as in more than 5 minutes) with an emu. I'm actually far more likely to just get the game, so long as it's not too language-heavy. Figuring out a few menus doens't deter me!

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by slownerveaction
    Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    Yeah, but I really hate playing a game seriously (as in more than 5 minutes) with an emu. I'm actually far more likely to just get the game, so long as it's not too language-heavy. Figuring out a few menus doens't deter me!
    *shrugs*

I just set myself up with a controller and the emulator doesn't bother me. Course most of the games I play ARE dialouge heavy and if I find I really love them then I buy the japanese version... which I have no intention of actually playing.
    ________
    VAPIR OXYGEN VAPORIZER
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slownerveaction
    I heard of this game a while back and being a big Sweet Home fan (pretty much the only game I ever bothered to play through with a fan trasnslated ROM), I was intrigued.

From what I've heard, the PCE CD version is a totally different game, and it's first person (maybe a la Shadowgate, or maybe a first person RPG). I think there are more entries in the series too, but I haven't really looked into it...
    I have no idea if the PCE version is completly different or not as I've never played the PCE one. However it is one of the first person RPGs that I really can't stand to play anymore. I think i played a little bit of it adn had a few battles. It's also worth noting I've never liked those horror kind of games.