Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: my Haul Of The Year! (Yes, it's actually worth looking at)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Give it a break, guys. This was supposed to be us congratulating him, but instead some of you are being assholes and you are posting unneccesary posts. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Cmos, excellent find. Especially those nintendo powers. For some reason I like reading the letters to the ditors. "Dear NP, I can't wait for the Ultra 64! It's gonna be the most amazing system ever made!".

You or your friend was not ripped-off. You were both benefited. He got the cha-ching, and you got a SWEET haul.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omnedon
    $16 bucks an hour more or less. plus Internet acces, computer time.
    I wish I had a job like that. :P

I don't understand why some have said that the feedback is somehow a bad thing. o_O What, the risk of a negative? I know that when I do auctions for people, the feedback is the biggest perk of it (since I don't ask for any money or anything). I'm happy to increase my feedback score, and I'm not worried at all about getting a negative or neutral from a dumbass buyer because the mass of positive feedback will far outweigh one or two suspicious negatives.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

For some reason I like reading the letters to the ditors. "Dear NP, I can't wait for the Ultra 64! It's gonna be the most amazing system ever made!".
    Those letters are so obviously fake. Read the letters out of the really old issues, they're even worse.

I don't understand why some have said that the feedback is somehow a bad thing. o_O What, the risk of a negative? I know that when I do auctions for people, the feedback is the biggest perk of it (since I don't ask for any money or anything). I'm happy to increase my feedback score, and I'm not worried at all about getting a negative or neutral from a dumbass buyer because the mass of positive feedback will far outweigh one or two suspicious negatives.
    Not talking about eBay feedback. Talking about the feedback he is getting in here about his acquisition.

Cmosfm, you got an awsome deal and you know it, so don't worry about what people are saying here. Some are just taking the opportunity to get up on their high horse and chastise you; others are just jealous. You had an arrangement with the guy. You benefitted and so did he. If you hadn't done this for him, he would have hundreds of dollars less money and you wouldnt have any cool new shit. You know it and he knows it so it doesnt really matter what these people say.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omnedon
    I think your firends are taking advantage of you. Your account, your feedback, your time.
    See, I think that's where we differ. My account? So? My feedback? Awesome! More positives to rack up. I have no reason to worry about getting any negatives when I sell their stuff. The feedback's a perk. My time? If my car breaks down, they'll take the time to come pick me up. If I've just had surgery, they'll run errands for me. We help each other out without expecting tangible payment in return. That's what friends are for.

So no, I don't think I'm being taken advantage of, but thanks for your concern. More beer wouldn't hurt though
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congrats Cmosfm! I admit i am a bit jealous of your find but not enough to get indignant.

And i have witnessed my fair share of people who have valuable items that simply sell it for less or give it away. Some people just dont have the time to properly sell what they have and they simply sell it to get it out of thier sight.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ClubNinja
    See, I think that's where we differ. My account? So? My feedback? Awesome! More positives to rack up. I have no reason to worry about getting any negatives when I sell their stuff. The feedback's a perk. My time? If my car breaks down, they'll take the time to come pick me up. If I've just had surgery, they'll run errands for me. We help each other out without expecting tangible payment in return. That's what friends are for.
    Same here. I do things like this for my friends all the time. Why? Because I can call one of them to leave work in the middle of the day and pick up my mother so she can be there when my son is born. Because when I need to move some really heavy stuff they show up to help. Because they don't expect $16/hr to do these things. Because friends do things like that for one another. I don't consider people who expect to be paid $16/hr to help me out with something to be friends, I consider them people who work for me.

Apparently that makes me a jealous, bitter, asshole idiot who dropped out of school. So be it.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Ok, from this point on, we won't be using the word "friend" when associated with the guy I was dealing with. We will use "Internet Aquaintance" because that is MUCH more suitable.

I guess whenever the word "friend" is used people assume there someone you grew up with and hang out with on weekends, Call when you need something (Chadtower), pick up when your car breaks down (Clubninja), etc.

Whereas the person I am talking about, I have talked to maybe...5 hours total throughout a period of a year...all broken up into IM conversations. Never even met the guy.

So, again, now that I have cleared that one up. We will use "internet aquaintance".

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Am I the only one who is also put off by the constantly changing story?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chadtower
    Changing? No Clarification? Yes. I'm sorry that I couldn't come in here in the very first place and make everything so 100% perfect that everyone would understand every tiny little detail about the story. I actually already explained this once a few pages back...I just came in here and said friend instead of "a guy I talk to everyone once in a while online".

Am I the only one who is also put off by you acting like an ass?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Seriously, give it a rest. I would ask if you had nothing better to do than give Cmosfm shit, but judging by your 4200+ posts, I'm guessing the answer is no.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    Am I the only one who is also put off by you acting like an ass?
    Dissenting opinion makes me an ass? Isn't that a step back from what I've already been called in this thread? Have I somehow improved?