- What is your favorite game on this system?
Much like many others, I've probably logged more hours in on Tecmo Super Bowl (hands down my favorite sports game of all time). However, my favorite game for the system is T&C Surf Designs.

- What are some of your other favorites?
Final Fantasy (my first non-text-only RPG), Castelvania 2, Little League Baseball, NES Play Action Football (though I don't know why after trying to play it the other day), M.U.L.E.

- What games surprised you? Infuriated you?
SMB looked so much cooler than anything I had on my Atari 1200XL. Peter Pan and the Pirates really made me mad, my mom used to pick up NES games for me when rental places would sell them (bless her heart) and I remember thinking it might actually be cool.

- Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action? What game was it? What was your reaction?
Probably K Mart in 86 or 87, they had it set up by the checkout. SMB was in there, I just couldnt get over the scrolling screen. I wish I could go back to those days...those days...of wonder...(cue Wonder Years theme song)

- Did you own the system "back in the day"? How about now?
Yep for both, but this year I opted to get a Super 8 instead of a new pin connector, with mixed results (see my "My Super 8 Ate My NES Game thread.)

- How many games do you have for it?
'bout 70.

- Any stories surrounding the system that you can share with us?
Nintendo was the biggest part of my life from the age of 6-12 or so. I didn't get one until I was 9 or 10, so I was always going over to my friend Amber's house to play. She was always playing RPGs and she'd never let me play, but I'd pour over the FF strategy guide and look up hit points for monsters and stuff. It was good enough for me just to watch. I actually started subscribing to Nintendo Power *before* I got an NES.
I didn't get an NES till the summer of 89 or 90, pretty near the introduction of the SNES, and I continued to be behind the curve until I got a N64 the year it came out. For some reason though, even though I had it, I still felt behind the edge of technology after I saw the PS. Now, though, I wish I'd gotten a GC instead of a PS2, especially shopping the day after Thanksgiving and seeing all those $49 DVD players, but I digress...

[/i]