Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Compilations or updates that will never happen but SHOULD

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

(scratching head) I must be playing different games than you guys. My version of Final Fantasy 10-2 had no loading times. If Square can create FF10-2 with no visible loading,and Nintendo can do the same with Metroid Prime, the programmers can do the same for a FF6 or FF7 Remake on the PS2.

I think these games would look sweet in full-scale 3D, plus they'd reach a whole new audience.

(BTW, I don't consider the FF6 on FF Anthology to be a remake. It's just a simple port from SNES to PS1.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azazel
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Yashiro
    Quote Originally Posted by musical
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazel
    Well they already ported FF6 to the PSX and we know how that turned out.
    Apparently you didn't read what I wrote: "It seems only natural to re-tell the FF6 or FF7 story using 3D PS2 or PS3 graphics." i.e. Not just a port, but a FF12-style game with full-sized polygon characters.
    I'd love to play FF6 with horrible load times, but I'll stick to my SNES cart with its horrible outdated graphics.
    Yes that was what I was kind of getting at. Oh yea they could do it on PS2 and not only have bad loading times but also have it done badly in 3D.
    Why would you want this game remade? I think a Port would be wonderful (which wouldn't need load times) . A few 2d games should get face lifts though. Like Super Mario Bros. I would love to see that game made to look like the Adventure mode in SSBM. A 3d Fireball and 3d Fireplant would really make me happy. Maybe SMB3, with the Tanooki and Frog Suits......Oh yeah!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JJNova
    Why would you want [FF6 or FF7] remade?
    Because it's easier to identify with and connect to characters that have full-sized bodies & facial expressions (like FF10 or Grandia 2 or Skies of Arcadia), than with little itty-bitty sprites that look like dwarfs. It would improve the expereince.
    Disclaimer: The message you just read is my opinion. If you do not like my opinion, I apologize in advance. Please explain where my opinion is wrong or fallacious. Thank you.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't give a damn what they do with the travesty that was FFVII, but should they ever corrupt FFVI, possibly the masterpiece of the series, with "updated" graphics, I may boycott square for the rest of my life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

Quote Originally Posted by Push Upstairs
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames
    "But i fear i shall never play Turbo Outrun ever again "

Same here, seems like we're the only two fans this game ever had.

its a shame really..

But now its possible to start a club!
    I would buy an outrun trilogy that would be great.
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

My idea is that of a Turrican collection: The Amiga versions of Turricans 1, 2, and 3, both Super Turricans, (the NES one and the SNES one, both completely different games) and Super Turrican 2. Maybe they could throw in some history, mentioning the different ports of the games and how Turrican 2's format was bastardized to suit the film Universal Soldier. Perhaps interviews with certain members of the team like Holger Schmidt, Andreas Escher, Chris Huelsbeck, and Manfred Trenz himself? They could also have a translated version of this one interview I saw talking about the scrapped Turrican 3D project! This would be awesome, and since Factor 5 is still around and prospering greatly, why shouldn't they get back to their roots and reprise the game which made them famous?
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Strawberry (Level 2) Pedro Lambrini's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga
    My idea is that of a Turrican collection: The Amiga versions of Turricans 1, 2, and 3, both Super Turricans, (the NES one and the SNES one, both completely different games) and Super Turrican 2. Maybe they could throw in some history, mentioning the different ports of the games and how Turrican 2's format was bastardized to suit the film Universal Soldier. Perhaps interviews with certain members of the team like Holger Schmidt, Andreas Escher, Chris Huelsbeck, and Manfred Trenz himself? They could also have a translated version of this one interview I saw talking about the scrapped Turrican 3D project! This would be awesome, and since Factor 5 is still around and prospering greatly, why shouldn't they get back to their roots and reprise the game which made them famous?
    I was going to post the very same idea! I would also include the Turrican games from the C64 and I would put the OSTs on a separate disc. The music for these games, especially the Amiga versions, is too cool!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Lambrini
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga
    I was going to post the very same idea! I would also include the Turrican games from the C64 and I would put the OSTs on a separate disc. The music for these games, especially the Amiga versions, is too cool!
    Crap, I forgot to give Chris Huelsbeck's masterworks a nod! I like the soundtrack idea, I do, and the C64 idea is good as well. Nice thinking, Pedro.

I just had another idea: A Cave collection? Donpachi, Dodonpachi, ESP Ra. De., Guwange, Dangun Feveron, and Progear? I'd especially like to see that last one, seeing as MAME can't emulate it yet. Maybe the company hasn't been around long enough to warrant a compilation, but as long as I see one in the next fifty years, I'm happy.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WiseSalesman
    I don't give a damn what they do with the travesty that was FFVII, but should they ever corrupt FFVI, possibly the masterpiece of the series, with "updated" graphics, I may boycott square for the rest of my life.
    masterpiece. I found FF 1, 3, 4, and 5 much better.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamscape
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamscape
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine23
    Compilation of Enix's "Soul" trilogy of Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma.
    "Soul" trilogy... I have never heard it called that before. Usually it is referred to as the Terra Earth series or Heaven and Earth series, but yea that would be the best compilation ever.
    Really? I'd always heard it called the "Soul Saga".
    I guess it has many names. Are any of you familiar with the TerraEarth website?
    Yes I am familiar with that website. Great site actually. I just called it the Soul trilogy off the top of my head since I had typed my orginial post when I was burning a copy of the Terranigma ost.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Oh for a zillion compilation+update...

I'd also love to see one for Compile's shooters...the Aleste series was fantastic, and I can't give Zanac and Zanac-Neo enough praise.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

should they ever corrupt FFVI, possibly the masterpiece of the series, with "updated" graphics, I may boycott square for the rest of my life.
    I don't understand your viewpoint. Suppose that Square released FF6-Remake on a PS2 with FF12-quality 3D graphics. Would this event prevent you from playing the oiriginal? No. So why would it matter that the remake exists?

IMHO the existence of a FF6 Remake is like the existence of the Psycho Remake. I can choose to ignore it, and stick to the original.
    Disclaimer: The message you just read is my opinion. If you do not like my opinion, I apologize in advance. Please explain where my opinion is wrong or fallacious. Thank you.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by musical
    should they ever corrupt FFVI, possibly the masterpiece of the series, with "updated" graphics, I may boycott square for the rest of my life.
    I don't understand your viewpoint. Suppose that Square released FF6-Remake on a PS2 with FF12-quality 3D graphics. Would this event prevent you from playing the oiriginal? No. So why would it matter that the remake exists?

IMHO the existence of a FF6 Remake is like the existence of the Psycho Remake. I can choose to ignore it, and stick to the original.
    Hmm, that'd be an interesting concept. I'd actually love to see how that would pan out, and if Square ever released it, if they included the orginial version with it, that'd be even better.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)