The only reason you'd want as PSX is to get the paralel slot for Game Shark or other enhancement devices that aren't supported on newer PSX or PSOne.

Do avoid the first generation PSX (identified by the 1000 series model number) as it had heat problem and the plastic laser diode rail can get worn out causing the laser diode not to reach the CD close enough anymore and result in read errors.

I have the 5000 series, one of the last best one with parallel slot. Later PSX dropped the port and the AV port as well, forcing you to use Sony propierty AV cable.

I've thought about replacing that with a PSOne so I could use the LCD display for on the road RPGing. Beside I never use the game shark. The only reason I got it was to make some easy game harder but it sucked.

$25 for a console plus standard AV cable plus 1 grey PSX controller (not dual shock, the original style) plus 2 Game Shark (partallel port only) v2 doesn't work, may need to be reprogrammed at Interact and a newer v3 that worked last I used. I don't have the port cover sorry. I think I may have a standard 15 block PSX card or 2 to throw in (I use 1440 block massive card and Dex Drive for backup & archival of save game).