Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bad games that you finished anyways.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to agree with you. I replayed the game a bit tonight, and man is it a stinker. It gets god awful around the prison area. So boring and annoying .
    I have to say you are full of it. Dead to Rights is probably the Playstation's best action game. Just because you can't make it past the second level doesn't mean a damned thing.
    I am the reinforcements.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, no. Dead to Rights is mediocre at best.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it was so mediocre, and so horrible, why did Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas pretty much steal ideas strait from it?
    I am the reinforcements.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyLawyer
    If it was so mediocre, and so horrible, why did Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas pretty much steal ideas strait from it?
    Because even good ideas can be exacuted horribly?

Note: I haven't played either game, but the smartass answer just seemed so obvious.

And WiseSalesMan: :P

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    Quote Originally Posted by DynastyLawyer

Note: I haven't played either game, but the smartass answer just seemed so obvious.

And WiseSalesMan: :P
    Precisely, smart-ass answer or not. DtR had lots of great ideas, most of which were implemented badly, along with all the ideas it ripped off from other games, which were also implemented badly. I thought that game was so damn cool at first, but it just kept getting sloppier and sloppier as I went along. The prison was definitely a major interest killer, though I did slog through it. Why sell a game on it's wicked gunplay, and then yank that factor out of the game for a good chunk? A poor design decision, which fit perfectly with the rest of the poor decisions made in the creation of that game. It is, indeed, a pity.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Summer Soldier

When I was little my cousin and I beat Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle for the NES. Wasn't a terrible game, per say, but it was repetitive. And easy. Thankfully, it only took us like an hour.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Precisely, smart-ass answer or not. DtR had lots of great ideas, most of which were implemented badly, along with all the ideas it ripped off from other games, which were also implemented badly. I thought that game was so damn cool at first, but it just kept getting sloppier and sloppier as I went along. The prison was definitely a major interest killer, though I did slog through it. Why sell a game on it's wicked gunplay, and then yank that factor out of the game for a good chunk? A poor design decision, which fit perfectly with the rest of the poor decisions made in the creation of that game. It is, indeed, a pity.
    First off, if you're just going to repeat what Videogames.com said about a game, give them the intellectual credit and give us a link to them.

Gotta disagree with you all on what you are saying about the game. Don't like the Prison? Skip it. You'll find there are quite a few levels left. The game gives you an option to skip levels after you beat it for a reason. Yeah, the Prison was pretty bad in my opinion, but I must have played through China-town (the level after it) about 40 times. That's where the game is at it's best: Blazing gunplay, smart-alec dialogue, and pure insanity. The story was good with lots of twists and turns along the way, the bosses were interesting (while I can't say I beat them easily, I can say that no other video game had a collection of boss fights like that). Sloppier as it goes along? I could say that about Xenogears, and that's my favorite game of all time. In the end, a good time was had, by at least me, and some other people that I know. Wherefore the calling it a "terrible" game?

Correct about two things: That you gave me a smartass answer, and that you haven't played the games. Now you want to tell me why the execution of DTR was horrible, having NOT played the game? Your premise itself leaves the other possibility for good ideas that we like to see: That they can be executed beautifully.

Trust me, I can come up with smart-assed opinions on games I haven't played all day. But I wouldn't expect people to respect them.
    I am the reinforcements.