Quote Originally Posted by rxd
I finally got around to opening my NIB ColecoVision Roller Controller that I bought because I read a review that the ColecoVision version of Centipede was better than the Atari 5200 version. I couldn't understand how it could be better because I always thought the 5200 was almost arcade perfect. Well the answer is easy, it isn't better. Not that the ColecoVision version is bad, it isn't. But I find the graphics better on the 5200, and the control is MUCH better on the 5200. I wondered how they got an anolog control (Roller Controller) to replace a digital control (ColecoVision Joystick). Not very well.

But the way the Roller Controller holds the 2 ColecoVision joysticks is kind of cool. Too bad they didn't have any 2 joystick games (at least that I know of) like Robotron and Space Dungeon....

Back to playing Intellivision...
Not to doubt you, but I'd be interested where you read that the CV Centipede with the roller controller is better than the 5200 with the trackball. That's gotta be a CV fanboy site. If you read it back in the day (80's) then it makes sense. The CV was all the rage in the gaming mags, but the CV arcade titles never stacked up (IMO) to the 5200 titles (except for Galaxian). The roller controller does have it's plus side though, by being able to use the joysticks with the roller controllers fire buttons you have better control than with the joysticks alone.