Quote Originally Posted by dbiersdorf
Quote Originally Posted by sabre2922
RE2 and RE3 are only costly because they have demand, once this generation of consoles passes no one will give a rats ass about the games?????????????????????????????????????
OK thats total bullshit the RE games are popular period and RE2 and RE3 were originally sold on the PSone my friend in case you are too young to remember and were also released on Dreamcast and PC.
I have the DC version of RE3 and still play it today.
the GC versions sell well on Ebay BECAUSE there is demand for them they have lasted through 2 GENERATIONS my friend so there will still be demand for them long after this generation
Well seeing as how I own the games for Dreamcast and Playstation, yeah, I do think I remember, chump. All I'm saying is, knowing Capcom and how they love to whore out their old treasures they'll rerelease the games once again, and if not the RE series will continue. Want to know why people don't pay $100 for RE2 for PSX? Because it's an old console. Once the GameCube is behind us the same will be said about these games. Only about 6 months ago RE2 and RE3 were selling for about $30-40 new, now because of RE4 being release they have skyrocketed in price.

This isn't rocket science, it's the facts. I can prove it to you in years to come.
The SNES version of Chrono Trigger still goes for a lot of money while the version released on the PSX, the more advanced system, with updated graphics goes for less money. This is completely contrary to your argument and exposes the flaws in your logic.

RE2 and RE3 are going for $70 or more because of supply and demand. There simply weren't that many of them as opposed to RE, RE0 and now RE4. Quite frankly, I don't see Capcom re-releasing RE2 and RE3 especially since they both have now been released on 3 consoles, with RE2 being released 2X on the PSX. It seems they produced a lot more RECV than RE2 and RE3 as I still see those new and used all over. Either that, or it wasn't as popular as the other two, and it now has been released on 4 consoles.

Now the reason RE2 and RE3 on the PSX don't go for as much money is simple: Capcom flooded the market with those games when they were released. It is a lot simpler to find a PSX version of either game than the GC version. Even the DC versions are harder to find and go for more money than the PSX versions.

Anyways, to get back on topic, other GC games that may be rare are Gauntlet Dark Legacy and Cubivore. However, I seem to recall there may have been a second run on Cubivore. Goblin Commander seems to be another one that I don't see very often, and it goes for $29.99 used at most game stores, while its XBOX and PS2 counterparts go for $9.99. I've only seen 1 used for the GC. Worms 3D, Space Raiders and Tube Slider may also be future rarities, but the price for them currently does not reflect that.

You may also want to keep a lookout for the versions of I-Ninja and R: Racing Revolution that came with Pac-Man VS. The problem is, the cases didn't have a holder for the separate game disc like Pac-Man World did. They simply inserted the cd with instructions into the case. The only way you knew it came with the game was a sticker placed on the shrinkwrap. Another cool combo pack is Darkened Skye/Outlaw Golf. i don't see too many of those either. Haven't checked ebay lately.

Other demos you may consider are the Mario Kart Double Dash version that came with the bonus disc if you pre-ordered it. Also, didn't they do a similar thing with Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike?

Lastly, I just recently picked up a version of Metroid Prime with a Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disc in it. Does anybody know anything about this version and how you got it?