Thread: How are Ebay prices right now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How are Ebay prices right now?

I want to start collecting Coleco Vision stuff. How are the prices on ebay right now? Is it a good time to buy?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good
    neo geo system

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've never noticed that one time is better than another when it comes to Ebay. Xmas seems to be bring more taffic, which sometimes means higher prices, but the extra competition can also bring prices down. If you're new to games on Ebay, maybe cut your teeth on a few cheap auctions for common titles until you get a sense of what is reasonable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The shipping is usualy the killer though, one cart can cost $1 but the shipping is $5

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well there is a boxed Coleco cart i want, but shipping is $17usd to Canada. That seems like such a rip off to me... Game is gonna cost $25-$50 as it is.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What do you mean by good prices? Like cheaper than what they usualy go for?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexkidd2000
    Well there is a boxed Coleco cart i want, but shipping is $17usd to Canada. That seems like such a rip off to me... Game is gonna cost $25-$50 as it is.
    Is it usually expensive to ship to Canada? That seems outrageous. If it's a game you know you want, and if it's not the sort of thing that comes up on Ebay very often, I wouldn't consider a price even grossly more than its listed worth to be a ripoff. If you want it, then get it. But be sure to check out online retailers as well. Ebay stores usually price their stuff in the upper-mid range, but can still be way less then individual auction - and they may be in better condition as well.

Strawberry (Level 2) Mr.Faxanadu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I warn you to do the following when having things shipped from the US to Canada:

1 - make sure you ask the seller how much he is going to declare the value of the package when filling out the customs forms. I've had several sellers put $50 or more for a <$10 item. Any decalred value over ~$30 I find gets hit with large custom fees.
    Check out HitpointZ.com to see all my items for sale!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default Prices good.....think of the big picture

I for one, have a different opinion on the whole shipping thing. As for the Colecovision stuff on ebay, look at it this way....it is the only place you will find stuff on a regular basis in mass quanity and quality. I use ebay to fund my game hobby. I sell my extras on the bay to pay for games that I want. I usally dont make alot of extra money(just get back what I put in it). There are alot of extra things that make shipping expensive. 1. Tape, bubble wrap, boxes, are not always fee. The cost adds up after awhile. 2. Shipping prices in general are expensive. 3. Games are considered "media mail", and therefore cannot be sent "the cheap old way" anymore usually(at least at my post office). 4. Sellers usually make thier money on shipping to "guarentee a profit and/or to cover the prices ebay charges for both posting, and using paypal. The truth of the matter is that selling on ebay is time consuming and is not as easy as it used to be. With the cost of posting things going up, that cost is sent to the consumer.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Prices good.....think of the big picture

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist
    I for one, have a different opinion on the whole shipping thing. As for the Colecovision stuff on ebay, look at it this way....it is the only place you will find stuff on a regular basis in mass quanity and quality. I use ebay to fund my game hobby. I sell my extras on the bay to pay for games that I want. I usally dont make alot of extra money(just get back what I put in it). There are alot of extra things that make shipping expensive. 1. Tape, bubble wrap, boxes, are not always fee. The cost adds up after awhile. 2. Shipping prices in general are expensive. 3. Games are considered "media mail", and therefore cannot be sent "the cheap old way" anymore usually(at least at my post office). 4. Sellers usually make thier money on shipping to "guarentee a profit and/or to cover the prices ebay charges for both posting, and using paypal. The truth of the matter is that selling on ebay is time consuming and is not as easy as it used to be. With the cost of posting things going up, that cost is sent to the consumer.
    While everything you stated is true, it does not justify charging $17 to ship ONE CARTRIDGE...

Most of the cartridges I get mailed to me from the states have a grand total of less than $2.00 in postage on the envelope.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: How are Ebay prices right now?

I want to start collecting Coleco Vision stuff. How are the prices on ebay right now? Is it a good time to buy?
    The next couple of months may not be a good time to buy for the simple reason that it is tax season...

Now is the time when you will see $500 Colecovisions and $600 Duos....

May and June should be more reasonable.. but there are always deals to be found...

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm boycotting ebay! Unfortunatly, I live in SD, so ebay used to be my way to get games since there aren't too many sources out here on the praire. The simple fact is though, that not only have prices skyrocketed in recent years, but the whole shipping scam is just *$#% ridiculous. I mean c'mon you mean to tell me that it costs $8 to put a game in a padded envelope, take it down to the post office, and pay the clerk $3 to ship it to me? You know I'm all about rounding shipping up to the nearest dollar, but when I pay $6-7 for shipping and the game arrives with postage sticker of $1.67 it pisses me off. Even the shipping discounts are getting out of control. Buy several games from someone and take $2.50 off the original shipping price of $6.95. Stay to pawn shops/thrift stores/garage sales, trade/buy with people with same interests (here at DP or UGTZ), or just buy from retail stores. EBAY IS THE DEVIL!

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ElectricQuarter has always had $2.50 shipping for the first game, and $1.00 for each additional game. Always at least 300-400 classic games listed at any given time.

Although I just got back from vacation and I need to get a bunch of games listed soon to make up for the lack of listings in the past 2 weeks

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Electric-Quarter
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5