Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stadium Event Pics

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

going to cry because i upset THERED EYE...

poor me. i wish i was less a cynic and more a happy 'believe everyone' fella..damn...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wasn't going to weigh in, but here's the quick version...

People are skeptical. Why?

1) The person claiming to have it has a total of eight posts.
    2) The person claiming to have it says that he is going to sell things on eBay while mentioning it.
    3) The person provides pictures with no proof to back up his story other than pictures of a cartridge... which doesn't really prove anything.
    4) The fact that twenty other people have tried doing the same thing in the past.
    5) The fact that the seller couldn't immediately post a thread because his "modem" stopped working, yet he could posts that he is on the way to his friends house.
    6) The fact that he threw out the receipt and all the proof of getting it for $9.99 after he claimed that one very strongly in his first post.

I'm not saying that he's lying, I'm just saying that there is a lot of reason to not believe him. If I had shown up on these boards today and for one of my first 10 posts, I claimed that I had an Alien Vs. Predator prototype for the Jaguar, a Star Fox Competition Cart and three copies of BattleSphere for the Jaguar, I would expect there to be a lot of skepticism. Then, if I said my camera wasn't working, I would expect it to get even more. All those things are true though (including the broken camera), but since I have been here it is a lot easier to believe.

And I did _not_ keep my receipts from any of the above, including Star Fox which I paid a whopping $5.99 for.

Do I believe this one is true? Personally, not yet. To prove it, you could do a million different things -- pull out the receipt from the trash or the baggie (I'd love to see how it was labeled), take a picture of the cart in a different setting. Take it with a TV program from today in the background. Anything would make it a lot more believable.

Until then, people are going to stay skeptical. So will I.

For the person that claims to have found it -- if it's true, congrats! A great find, and one that many people here think is definitely worthy of their most prized spots in their collections.

If it isn't, I don't know why you're wasting your time. As collectors who tend to hunt a lot, we aren't going to be bidding up your other auctions a ton just because you're trying to prove you have a rare cart. It doesn't matter. The size of your ePenis is not relational to the amount of bids you'll get.

Anyway, I hope it is true. With that in mind, GREAT FIND!
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan
    I wasn't going to weigh in, but here's the quick version...

People are skeptical. Why?

1) The person claiming to have it has a total of eight posts.
    2) The person claiming to have it says that he is going to sell things on eBay while mentioning it.
    3) The person provides pictures with no proof to back up his story other than pictures of a cartridge... which doesn't really prove anything.
    4) The fact that twenty other people have tried doing the same thing in the past.
    5) The fact that the seller couldn't immediately post a thread because his "modem" stopped working, yet he could posts that he is on the way to his friends house.
    6) The fact that he threw out the receipt and all the proof of getting it for $9.99 after he claimed that one very strongly in his first post.

I'm not saying that he's lying, I'm just saying that there is a lot of reason to not believe him. If I had shown up on these boards today and for one of my first 10 posts, I claimed that I had an Alien Vs. Predator prototype for the Jaguar, a Star Fox Competition Cart and three copies of BattleSphere for the Jaguar, I would expect there to be a lot of skepticism. Then, if I said my camera wasn't working, I would expect it to get even more. All those things are true though (including the broken camera), but since I have been here it is a lot easier to believe.

And I did _not_ keep my receipts from any of the above, including Star Fox which I paid a whopping $5.99 for.

Do I believe this one is true? Personally, not yet. To prove it, you could do a million different things -- pull out the receipt from the trash or the baggie (I'd love to see how it was labeled), take a picture of the cart in a different setting. Take it with a TV program from today in the background. Anything would make it a lot more believable.

Until then, people are going to stay skeptical. So will I.

For the person that claims to have found it -- if it's true, congrats! A great find, and one that many people here think is definitely worthy of their most prized spots in their collections.

If it isn't, I don't know why you're wasting your time. As collectors who tend to hunt a lot, we aren't going to be bidding up your other auctions a ton just because you're trying to prove you have a rare cart. It doesn't matter. The size of your ePenis is not relational to the amount of bids you'll get.

Anyway, I hope it is true. With that in mind, GREAT FIND!
    I was done in this thread until now.

This is how my original post should have sounded like, I came off sounding pissed and jealous though when in all honesty, I am not jealous, hell I have 2800 games...I have no reason to get jealous over one game I don't have!

Thanks goatdan for chiming in on this, it's hard to believe things when we've been there and done that before, many many times, and always with Stadium Events.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan
    If it isn't, I don't know why you're wasting your time.
    Right. And why are several of you wasting your time trying to detail all the ways he could prove this and explaining the numerous holes in his story. If you think he's full of shit, then just ignore him. What a waste of text this thread has become.

Hey, guy with cart - if you've really got it, then prove it with a video clip showing you smashing the game to bits with a brick. Then mail each skeptic an autographed and dated piece. Maybe that will be evidence enough.
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is the maximum magnification he is allowed to release to the public, but my buddy in the CIA assures me that he can clearly see someone exiting the EB games here (see arrow) with an NES Stadium Events in one hand and a reciept in the other. Can't be sure, but chances are this is our guy. Hopes this clears everything up.

By the way, I'm selling satellite photos of the 2600 E.T. burial site, cheap!....PM me if interested

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60559
    he has more pics here, for people still not believing
    Currently collecting Amiga games

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Jr
    There is so much hate on these boards....
    Nah, not hate at all. Healthy "we've been down THIS road a bahmillion times before" skeptism. Swear to God, n00b making outlandish claims happens once a month. So many folks roll their eyes and ask for solid, can't doubt it "proof" until they let loose with their "atta boys."

... or is it just an easy way to take out your frustration on someone else because your life isn't going the way you want it to?
    See? Now THAT'S hate. Welcome to DP.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Wow, now I can justify the reason I've been lurking so much on these boards and not posting.

I thought video game collecting was supposed to be fun???? There is so much hate on these boards.... jealousy.... or is it just an easy way to take out your frustration on someone else because your life isn't going the way you want it to?

:/ Damn, people, its not worth it
    'Tis called a sense of humor + razzing a new poster with a HUGE claim and no real proof (at first).

Quote Originally Posted by ClubNinja
    Hey, guy with cart - if you've really got it, then prove it with a video clip showing you smashing the game to bits with a brick. Then mail each skeptic an autographed and dated piece. Maybe that will be evidence enough.
    Noooooooooo........... Never with any game, don't care if it's your 7000th copy of Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt or a sealed copy of Dracula-X. Destruction is never the answer. Just like those people that burn arcade cabs because they go "uhuhuhuh.. duuuurrr... I dun know how ta fix it... no one'll want t'is.. *burn*" ..no restoration...no MAME conversion...no attempt to sell it or give it away...no redemption for their gaming souls! A joke is a joke but don't hurt the games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IF THE CART DON'T FIT YOU MUST AQUIT!