Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-Otaku
Anyone can prove that asian games are really official? Why they comes with english/jap manual and are cheaper? Why english language to asian market? These games looks like chinese bootlegs or chinese gba imitations for me

Just remember, chinese pirate anime dvds comes with chinese and english subtitles
it's so easy to prove LEGAL asian games aren't fakes that it's almost ridiculous to ask. there's a huge english language market for games in hong kong because (gasp) some people actually speak and read ENGLISH there. if you buy your imports sealed, especially in the case of PS/PS2 titles, you'll see the distinct sony identifying tear strip, official labels and other stuff bootleggers don't bother with because these are too expensive to replicate.

as to the cost of some of these titles, if you notice, MANY of these are older games. the prices for newer games are a bit closer to what they go for in japan, but i'm sure the value of the dollar in both countries has something to do with the pricing. if you're running a business, the last thing you want is a bunch of 2-3 year old games collecting dust because you're trying to sell them at their original retail price. if you want a listing of reliable ebay sellers that deal in asian market games, i'll be more than happy to hook you up with names and links.

g.