Thread: Trouble sending Room of Doom pics...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Trouble sending Room of Doom pics...

I took some new pics of my updated game room, but we're (my wife is tackling this job) having real problems posting them to www.videogamecollectors.com/gallery as directed by Joe. It's easier said than done! You can see by visiting there we've got no less than 5 "non-existent" rooms between us! I try to delete them but nothing happens. Most of the choices in the dropdown "admin options" menu dont do anything either. My wife was able to send half a pic (which I just deleted) but mistakenly did something to stop the process.

She's going to try again today, but I'd like to direct her to this thread & hope SOMEONE can give an easy step-by-step walkthru on this, or at least give us an idea of what we're doing wrong. Yes, I'm asking you to HOLD MY HAND.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default Re: Trouble sending Room of Doom pics...

Quote Originally Posted by RJ
    I took some new pics of my updated game room, but we're (my wife is tackling this job) having real problems posting them to www.videogamecollectors.com/gallery as directed by Joe. It's easier said than done! You can see by visiting there we've got no less than 5 "non-existent" rooms between us! I try to delete them but nothing happens. Most of the choices in the dropdown "admin options" menu dont do anything either. My wife was able to send half a pic (which I just deleted) but mistakenly did something to stop the process.

She's going to try again today, but I'd like to direct her to this thread & hope SOMEONE can give an easy step-by-step walkthru on this, or at least give us an idea of what we're doing wrong. Yes, I'm asking you to HOLD MY HAND.
    I just tested it Randy, no problems here.

Here's what I did.

1. Went to http://www.videogamecollectors.com/gallery
    2. Clicked [login] from the upper right
    3. Entered my userid/password (these are not the same as your forum ID unless you made it so when you registered on the photo site)
    3. Clicked the drop-down in the upper right and selected "add photos"
    4. The dialog box pops up with the "form" tab highlighted and 5 sets of input forms. Since I only wanted to add one photo I changed the drop-down from 5 to 1
    5. Clicked the "browse" button
    6. Directed Windows Explorer to a file on my hard drive called "shirt3.htm" and double clicked it
    7. Added a caption in the form just below where the filename was now populated
    8. Clicked "upload now" button
    9. Waited a few moments while the transfer took place

You'll see the file in your album now. By the way, I deleted the other 5 albums you created - there's really no reason to have more than one, I assume you were just testing various options. I also renamed your album from "Untitled" to "RJ".

Hope this helps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My wife was successful today on her mom's computer- something goofy w/ our setup here I guess. The multiple other entries were more attempts at creating/uploading albums. I knew I only wanted one & the others needed deleting.

Thanks for your help Joe- enjoy the pics everyone!
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."