Many people can use the turtle shell trick in level 3-1 to get around 900,000 points, but the best players juat have mad Tetris skills. The winner of the competition racked up around 2.8 million in the competition (Thor Aackerlund), but people like Rich Ambler can get up to 4.3 million nowadays (the second place winner).

Practice getting the coins in Mario (shave off as many tenths of a second as you can). Practice getting through Rad Racer without ever slowing down (it is possible).

I also have a scan of printout written by Rich Ambler somewhere that will allow you to know exactly which blocks youy get in Tetris...it is determined by some factors in the first two games. However, if you pull it off right, you will have an extreme advantage, as you will know exactly what blocks are coming if you memorize them.

Did you know there are easter eggs in the NWC cart? I can't remember what they are, but there's a way to see your remaining time and also to skip SMB (controller 2 needed, so it couldn't be done in the competition.\

BTW, when I got my cart a little while ago, my first try was 365,000. Come to think of it, it was the first time ever that I played Rad Racer w/o crashing. Weird. Someday I'll try to rack up those million+ scores.

-Rob