It is not for us to understand. That what makes it so great.
Multiple core is not new to pc's. Servers use multiple cpus.
To be able get that power for 300 to 400 dollars is a steal.

It is the razor blade /razor theory Gillette lose's money on the razors but makes a killing on the blades.

What kills me is people will sit and try to analyze and knock the 360 without understanding its true power.

From a tech point of view I don't care what the ps3 puts out the with proper programming the xbox 360 will be able to do it.

I will tell you this the software has not caught up to the hardware.. I have yet to see a game come out and the requirement is a 3.2 core minimum. Half life 2 minimum was 1.2ghz recommended 2.4ghz.

That is why when the 360 comes out don't expect mind blowing games initially. It is a year or 2 that the real power will be displayed.

To break it down and make it easier to understand. A man is in the room and can lift 300lbs if you put 75lbs in one hand and 75lbs in the other hand even Though I can lift 300lbs if 200lb comes along I will have to free up one hand to lift the 200lbs.

Now if there are 3 men in the room that can lift 300lb apeice in theory 900lbs can be lifted at the same time. That is why I believe microsoft went ahead and released the 360 because in the end the system is way ahead of it time. cpu power is cpu power. All for games amazing.