I love how you can upgrade your planet explorer pod, and the variety of planets was great. The biggest flaw in Solar Jetman, however, is that towards the end of the game you have your explorer pod so heavily upgraded and you have really learned how to pilot the craft very well, in all situtations... then you get the famous Golden Warship, only to realize that it is crap compared to your pod.

I had played the game all the way to the Golden Warship on a real NES, and maybe I didn't know what I was doing, but when I was flying the gold ship I didn't last more than 10 seconds before the ship was destroyed. I was furious! WTF is the point of the ship if it sucks compared to your pod? How can this thing get destroyed so much more easily than your pod? Why not just fly your pod in that final action sequence?

At that point, I was on my last life, so the game was over. Next time I will do a little reading up on how the hell to fly that stupid Golden Warship so that I don't loose everything next time I have to fly it.

I just wish there was a SNES version. I guess I'd settle for a GBA Solar Jetman 2