Thread: Anyone in Sacramento, CA with a 360?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone in Sacramento, CA with a 360?

I need a special favor from somebody in Northern California with a XBOX 360.

Basically, I need to get a extra 360 power supply, but they don't sell 360 power supplies. You can't buy them anywhere. Not even from Microsoft directly. Yet.

The only way you can get a power supply is to call 1-800-4 my XBOX or something like that. You tell them that your power supply is dead as a door nail. Then they will send you a new one. They will tell you to ship your dead one back in the box that the new one comes in, along with a photocopy of your receipt.

Basically, you just never send the thing back, and then they will send a letter saying they never got the old one, and that you need to pay $30 for it, or some crap like that. And that is the only way that you can buy one right now. I'm already ordering one via this method, and I should get it any day now, and I'm going to have to pay them like $30 for it or something like that, but I don't care, I need a extra one. I would like to buy one at the store, or via xbox.com, or via the 1-800, but apparently this item is simply not for sale.

So the only way to get one is to say that yours is dead, and request a replacement, but never return the original, and then be charged by Microsoft. And then just pay them the amount they charge for it.

Anyways, I need to have 3 freaking power supply's for my setup. The cool thing is that Best Buy has $19.99 HD component cables for the 360 now. They are made by Pelican. I gotta have 3 power supply's and 3 HD component cables, for my 3 places that I play the 360. Dragging around the freaking gigantic power supply and the component cables to each of my TV's is a lesson in humility.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

So what was the point of asking if anyone had one in North California?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

I guess because that's where he lives and he doesn't want to pay more $$$ to ship across the country.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by studvicious
    I guess because that's where he lives and he doesn't want to pay more $$$ to ship across the country.

Exactamundo.

Those puppies way almost as much as the first XBOX!!!

Just kidding, but still, they are very heavy. If anybody in Northern California has a 360, if they could get MS to send them a extra Power Supply, then I will buy it off them for $30 or whatever MS charges them for it. You can't buy it from them, so you have to pretend that yours is dead, and then when they ask you to ship your dead one back to them, you just fail to do so, and then they charge you for it. I will pay whatever they charge you for it, or $30, whichever is more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default You dont really live in Northen California

This is just my two cents, please do not take offense to it. You are actually closer to central California, not northern. I used to live in Redding California(25 years) and I know that you are a good three to four hours from the Oregon California borader. For the record on where you live, NOT REALLY NORTHERN CALIFORNIA. People from my hometown would laugh at your statement of being in northern California. To some like me, you are far from it. You may want to clarify on where you specifically live so that people can get a true understanding on how many miles they would have to drive to meet up with ya. People forget that their is civilization North of Sacramento x_x.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Default Re: You dont really live in Northen California

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist
    This is just my two cents, please do not take offense to it. You are actually closer to central California, not northern. I used to live in Redding California(25 years) and I know that you are a good three to four hours from the Oregon California borader. For the record on where you live, NOT REALLY NORTHERN CALIFORNIA. People from my hometown would laugh at your statement of being in northern California. To some like me, you are far from it. You may want to clarify on where you specifically live so that people can get a true understanding on how many miles they would have to drive to meet up with ya. People forget that their is civilization North of Sacramento x_x.
    Dude. Who cares? You want to debate where the line separating N. Cal. from Cen. Cal. is? I live in the Sacramento area as well, and this area is universally consdered to be in northern California. Where does northern California start then? Yuba City? Is that still too far south? Redding?

Sorry man, but that was a pretty dumb post.

Maybe he was non-specific because he is willing to drive anywhere within reason in Northern California to pick up the items he seeks.

Chris

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People from my hometown would laugh at your statement of being in northern California.
    People from anywhere else in California laugh at people for being from Redding.

I actually just visited Redding for the first time, and it wasn't backward-ass hickville like I thought it was. It was nice.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You seriously cant just cart a simple little power supply and HD cable to each TV? Come on man, thats the laziest thing I've ever heard.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FoodMonster
    You seriously cant just cart a simple little power supply and HD cable to each TV? Come on man, thats the laziest thing I've ever heard.

A simple little power supply? I'm assuming you don't have a 360. Cause the thing practially needs a hand cart!!

Ok, maybe that's a slight exagheration (sp), but these things are huge, and quite heavy. Also, it isn't just about how much they weigh, and the process of dragging them around. It's the fact that at each location that you play your 360, you really need to actually "think" about where you are going to locate the power supply. You don't want the thing just laying on carpet, because they can easily overheat. You need to put the thing on a hard flat surface, with plenty of ventillation. And that isn't just Manufacturer talk, you really need to, because mine almost overheated once already.

I've learned that if you are going to use a particular console alot, and if you are going to use it on 3 or more TV's, then it's a very good idea to get a extra power supply and audio/video cable for each of the various TV's that you are going to use it on. Then when it comes time to move it to one of the other locations, all you need to do is unplug two cords on the back, walk to the other location and plug the two cords into the back. Thats it. That process only takes about 30 seconds. It makes it very easy for me to move whatever particular system from one TV to the other in no time at all.

Why is this such a big need?

Well, I got a wife and kids, and sometimes my 360 will be hooked up in the living room setup, and my Wife will need to watch Desperate Housewifes or America's Top Model or some crap like that, and I will need to move my 360 to my computer room. Or I will have it in my computer room, and my wife will come in there with the kids and want me to setup a DVD for them to watch in there, or something, and I can quickly move it to the living room. Or whatever. It's just really nice to have the thing hooked up in one location, and then 30 seconds later (or even less), have the thing hooked up in another location. It's a helluva lot cheaper than owning three 360 systems.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I changed it to Sacramento, CA. Sorry 'bout that. Blame it on the media in my area. They are always referring to the Sacramento area as "Northern California". Even the Bay Area considers themselves "Northern California". Sure it's not geographically correct, but how many things are?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why do you want to play your game system in multiple places for?

Buy a portable game system to cart around with you around your house.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames
    Why do you want to play your game system in multiple places for?

Buy a portable game system to cart around with you around your house.

Well, I prefer full fledged home systems to portables. I still haven't found a portable with a screen that I truly like, in terms of it being big enough and clear enough for me. Plus, I like to hear my games in 5.1 sound.

Here is the deal bro. The reason I want to play it in mulitple places, is because I got 3 different home theater setups. That might sound kinda extravagant and aloof to have 3 seperate home theater setups, but you can rest assured knowing that I got all 3 for the least amount of money possible. It was definitely done on a shoestring budget. But the fact remains that I have 3 seperate locations where I'll be playing my 360. I've been lugging my 360 around from location to location since day 1.

The best Home Theater setup that I have is in my Garage. In there, I have a 113 inch widescreen DLP projector setup. I also have a 7.1 sound system that will make you think your at a real movie theater. It's pretty damn impressive to say the least. Only problem is, sometimes it's pretty damn cold in my Garage, like 60 degrees or 59 degrees, and also, I keep my cars in my Garage. When I know that I'm going to be using my Garage theater for like a 5 hour session, then I will back the cars out and setup my Garage for use. (it takes about 4 mins to get it up and running and ready).

So even though my Garage setup is my best setup, I can't always use it.

The next best setup is the living room. I got a 51 inch Sony in there. And a pretty good 5.1 setup. Problem is, that is the place that my wife watches TV, and my kids watch dvd movies. So often times, I can only use that setup when the wife and kids aren't there.

Then my last setup is my computer room. I actually have this really kick ass Princeton Graphics AF 3.0HD monitor in there, it's only 30 inches widescreen, but it's a true 720p display, and the picture is absolutely spectacular. My 360 actually looks better on this little HDTV than the other two.

But for the pure grandiose of it all, my Garage setup is still the best for overall impact. I lose some slight detail in the graphics, compared to the 30 incher, but the sheer scope of the Garage one is enough to make up for that.

So that is why I use my game systems in 3 seperate locations.