Thread: B-1 Nuclear Bomber - Avalon Hill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default B-1 Nuclear Bomber - Avalon Hill

I went up in the attic today searching for something and I came across a bunch of boxes I haven't opened in upwards of 15 years.

Inside one of them was a boxed copy of "B-1 Nuclear Bomber" by Avalon Hill / microcomputer games. It appears to be complete: instructions, instruction addendum, cassette, box insert, and registration card. The tape itself is extremely clean and the label is bright white. I doubt I played this more than once or twice as a kid. Incidently the tape is the same for Commodore 64/Vic 20.

Clearly the market for tapes is smaller than 8-bit carts, but what could I expect to get for this? I was under the impression Avalon Hill stuff seemed to be a bit rarer than some other releases of that era, but I don't know.

I also found a bunch of books, few APX catalogs, the manual from Music Composer, the packaging from 'Diskey' a utility from the Scott Adams company Adventure International, the packaging and manual from Crossword magic, the manual and cover from Dodge Racer, and the packaging from the disk version of "Choplifter". All fun stuff I haven't seen in years.

Now I'm going to have to hunt down a rom for B-1 and take it from a spin as my cassette drives are long gone and I have no desire to expand beyond 8-bit carts.

I found a picture of it over at:
    http://www.atari8bit.org/detail.php?ID=150

My box is in a bit better shape.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

The old Avalon Hill Vic20/C64 games can attract a good value on eBay. I haven't really seen a pattern to bidding, but you could stick it on and see how it goes!

(I'd grab it myself from you but I already own the game)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont know about computer games but the board games sure sell for tons of cash.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Default Re: B-1 Nuclear Bomber - Avalon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin
    Now I'm going to have to hunt down a rom for B-1 and take it from a spin as my cassette drives are long gone and I have no desire to expand beyond 8-bit carts.
    There isn't one. Trust me, I don't think it exists out there on the net. Well not until now heh. Backed up my copy for the Gamebase20 project almost a year ago, so here you go

http://www.mayhem64.co.uk/misc/b1bomber.zip