Thread: Colecovison's Expansion Module #2 (Steering Wheel)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Colecovison's Expansion Module #2 (Steering Wheel)

Hello all!!

I'm new to this forum.. and I'm here to ask for your help.

I'm a 34 year old with a 2 year old son. I currently have an Xbox that my son loves to play but doesn't treat it gently. Since his huge intrest in video games, I thought I would pull out my old Atari 2600 for him to abuse since I know I put some abuse on it myself...But then I started thinking of how much I enjoyed playing this system when I first got it. It was a gift from my father when I was 10 years old. So after I got it running and started playing the games I felt I should save it until he's a few years older before I give it to him.....Anyways I decided on purchasing a Colecvision on ebay for him. (I always wanted one of these when I was growing up). I found one that came with the Atari Expansion Module #1 and The Steering wheel Expansion Module #2.

The problem I'm having is when I try to play turbo everything works except it does not steer. I've tried 3 different sets of new batteries. I even opened it up and cleaned it with a dust can and contact/control cleaner & lubricant I bought @ Radio Shack. I've surfed the web on every search engine trying to find a repair manual, FAQ, or even a post on every forum I can find for the last 12 hours without any luck.

So I come to you asking if anyone knows how to repair The Colecovision steering wheel or knows of someone or a link that can guide through the process.... My son, My Xbox & I would greatly appreciate it....

Thanx,
    Gio

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had the same problem for 3 years. No luck for me either. I don't think anybody has any interest in fixing those things, there cetainly isn't any info out there and I'm sure not technically inclined enough to fix mine. Best of luck! If you find out anything let me know!

To be honest, that's the reason I bought my ColecoVision. To play Turbo. So mine pretty much goes unused.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Hello and welcome to both of you. There's a sub forum for just such these questions called the Technical and Restoration Society.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24

Try posting your question concerning the Expansion Module #2 over there, with a detailed explanation (as you did here) of what's wrong and what you have tried, and someone will more than likely be able to help you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid
    Hello and welcome to both of you. There's a sub forum for just such these questions called the Technical and Restoration Society.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24

Try posting your question concerning the Expansion Module #2 over there, with a detailed explanation (as you did here) of what's wrong and what you have tried, and someone will more than likely be able to help you.
    Thanx alot!!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tried that in May of 05. 33 views and no replies. I'm assuming that nobody knows anything about it. Anyone know of any old Coleco engineers?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My daughter is 3. She plays here Atari about 2 hours a day. I bought it for her thinking that she would play it for a little bit and then get tired of it. She knows how to hook it up and she knows which controllers go with each game. My wife hates it because my daughter has started collecting Atari games. She goes though my doubles and pulls out a couple of games each day that she doesn't have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irata
    Tried that in May of 05. 33 views and no replies. I'm assuming that nobody knows anything about it. Anyone know of any old Coleco engineers?
    You have to have some patience, it's not like well all jockey waiting for new questions to come in over at the Technical forum. I'm sure you'd rather have the correct answer instead of a bunch of BS. (which does happen every now and then )