Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu
The prices wont drop for a long time. The accessories is where they really make their money when it comes to systems. They'll stay high(er) until the PS2 is pretty well dead before they drop in price. That being said, just go to a GameStop/EB and pick up some branded color cards as I tend to see bunches of them in all the stores. Save a few bucks and get legit cards. Win-win if you ask me.
I agree. There's no reason for Sony to mark down memory cards for the PS2 while it's still thier top of the line system. After the PS3 has been out awhile, I think these cards will take a price dive. I have to look real hard, but occasionaly I run across used Sony PS2 cards at Blockbuster's GameRush for $8 apiece. You might try looking there.

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
You could always try the FFXI HDD bundle...you can copy your saves to it and never have to buy another memory card again, or worry about losing one or something like that. Plus, you'd always have a backup of your saves right there on the system.
What do those hard drives go for? A cheaper solution might be the Datel Max Drive USB memory key. They list for $29.99, but I see them on Ebay for $15.00 all the time. There is a boot disc needed for the PS2 to copy your game saves onto the USB key. Then you plug it into your computer and use the software you've installed to store and manage it. You can add cheat codes and reverse the process to put them back onto your memory card.