Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Breach & Clear: Deadline was announced as #14 today. They haven't announced a release date yet, but I wonder if they'll end up selling it at the same time as Soldner-X 2. I mean, Rainbow Moon hasn't been assigned numbers yet, and it's due in August, so Deadline's gotta be pretty soon here. I've also heard them talking about selling a very tiny amount of leftover Vita Breach & Clear this month, including some offered in a bundle. They're going to offer a bundle for Deadline that comes with the soundtrack, so I wonder if maybe they'll sell some Vita Breach & Clear copies with that soundtrack, or maybe even bundled with Deadline.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Breach & Clear: Deadline was announced as #14 today. They haven't announced a release date yet, but I wonder if they'll end up selling it at the same time as Soldner-X 2. I mean, Rainbow Moon hasn't been assigned numbers yet, and it's due in August, so Deadline's gotta be pretty soon here. I've also heard them talking about selling a very tiny amount of leftover Vita Breach & Clear this month, including some offered in a bundle. They're going to offer a bundle for Deadline that comes with the soundtrack, so I wonder if maybe they'll sell some Vita Breach & Clear copies with that soundtrack, or maybe even bundled with Deadline.
    Soldier X-2 has been delayed from the previously announced July 18th date. Apparently it will launch at the same time as Deadline if all goes according to the new plan. They are also planning on doing a bundle with both the original Vita B&C and the PS4 Deadline and both soundtracks. No word on when or how many for that.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Okay, I updated the list now that we have a date for Soldner-X 2 and Breach & Clear: Deadline, which is July 29. They still haven't even changed the Soldner-X 2 date on the store listing, so I can already picture all the people who will get on the site on the 18th, wondering what's going on. I believe I heard that there are about (or exactly?) thirty bundles with the Vita Breach & Clear that will be available on July 29, so I'm sure that'll be a free-for-all.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

We've partnered with Limited Run Games to create, well, a region-free limited run of the game in physical form. The game will be launching in September and will be available exclusively via Limited Run Games' official store. We'll be sharing further details as they become available (like a definitive date and time) on our Twitter, and Limited Run Games will be doing the same on their Twitter, too.

For those not familiar with Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice, here's the lowdown:

Join Ogden and the heroes of Westeria in this classic JRPG epic, Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice! Travel through the frozen wastelands of Tundaria, experiencing action-packed battles without random encounters, using spatially aware Area-of-Effect attacks and power moves. Travel by pirate ship, defending against enemies in thrilling ship-to-ship rock monster combat! Defeat oncoming hordes of demons and huge bosses that threaten the entire world of Dragon Fantasy!

"But wait, wasn't this Dragon Fantasy Book II?"

Yes...but there's more to it. Think of it as a remastered version of Dragon Fantasy: Book II (which was originally released for PlayStation 3 and Vita in 2013) Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice is the DEFINITIVE EDITION of the second Dragon Fantasy game. With an extensive list of tweaks, improvements, and changes, including new dialogue (to ensure those who never played Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria will be up-to-speed and ready to go), new bestiary (track the monsters you’ve defeated and captured!), new items, new boss, and a difficulty slider to ensure gamers of all experience levels can enjoy the fun, there’s loads to discover whether you’re a new player or a veteran.
    http://mtki.co/dragon-fantasy-the-bl...-physical-run/
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.