Thread: Daria Reviews Wonder Project J [SNES]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't mention Pokemon because I burned out on it. I've played and beaten Ruby, Emerald, XD: Gale of Darkness, and FireRed several times each; Platinum, SoulSilver, and Black once each. Once I learned about IVs and Natures and RNG exploitation . . . ugh. Fell down the Buneary-hole with several months straight of catching non-cruddy legendaries and breeding Nature/IV/movesets . Eventually got sick of it and moved on to Persona 3/4, and from there the Shin Megami Tensei series in general. Didn't play Pokemon at all for over a year, blocked it out . . . and now I'm playing Platinum again because of Dashopepper's comment.

Daria, a video on strategy RPGs would be great -- I'm a big fan of the Disgaea series, and somewhat less so of Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions. Sure, Disgaea has a LOT of mechanics, especially from 3 on, but you don't have to know or master all of them to play the storyline.
    I hate it when people write their initials on a game cart's label. Can't get it off without ruining part of the label!

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenenator View Post
    Daria, a video on strategy RPGs would be great -- I'm a big fan of the Disgaea series, and somewhat less so of Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions. Sure, Disgaea has a LOT of mechanics, especially from 3 on, but you don't have to know or master all of them to play the storyline.
    I'd be sooo tempted to just start naming off games from the Shining series and call it a day though. :P

Actually I think I need to brush up on my strategy gaming before tacking that list. While I've played a lot, there's a few genre stables I've never even touched - like the original FFT and Tactics Ogre.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

The first Final Fantasy Tactics is really really good. Its one of the best PlayStation games in my opinion.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I really like some of the less conventional ones like Ogre Battle, Dragon Force, and 7: The Cavalry of Molmoth.