Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Nintendo Update! Good News!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Esquire Fox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    I reached Platinum status this Club Nintendo "year" recently. When do they announce the Platinum reward, I'm waiting for that.
    It is usually announced on July the 1st. Just after the end of the Club Nintendo 'Year'.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for bumping this thread. I almost didnt make the Platinum. I was 100 coins away and remembered that I had not entired my son's MarioParty 8 game. With being 50 coins away, I used a "phone a friend" and got a extra code. I am glad I made it cuz their is no way I will get close to it next year. Any word on the rewards this year???

OOOPPPSS...just saw they announce the rewards on July 1st.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't see making 600 coins by next year being a problem at all.
    There are two upcoming console releases (Wii U & 3DS XL) and a ton of great games coming (New SMB 2/U, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing 3DS, Pokemon Black/White 2, Pikmin 3, Game & Wario).
    I've also got some games and a 25th Anniversary DSi XL that I am holding off on registering until July.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

It's a new Club Nintendo year! I hope everyone who wanted to make Platinum last year was able to make it. As usual, the Platinum prizes will be announced "at a later date", but I've got my suspicions that we might see the gold nunchuck as a Platinum prize.

Two new games were also added, though it's a bit weird. There's Mario Tennis 64 for 150 coins, and Electroplankton: Rec-Rec for 100 coins, but they're only available until July 22 and July 15 respectively. I'm guessing they're going to switch out the games more often now, so if you don't like the current offering, you won't have long to wait to get something else.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    FYI for people not paying attention to Club Nintendo recently...

The Club Nintendo "year" ends tomorrow. Just about everything "older" looses coin value on the next day (day 1 of the new Club Nintendo year). So essentially, Nintendo is trying to make us buy more new games by devaluing old games. I suppose they're free to do what they want (it's "free stuff" afterall), but it still reeks of B.S.
    Bah, totally missed this. Although I really don't know if I may have lost coins or not. I wasn't keeping track of my total.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    FYI for people not paying attention to Club Nintendo recently...

The Club Nintendo "year" ends tomorrow. Just about everything "older" looses coin value on the next day (day 1 of the new Club Nintendo year). So essentially, Nintendo is trying to make us buy more new games by devaluing old games. I suppose they're free to do what they want (it's "free stuff" afterall), but it still reeks of B.S.
    Confirmed any coins registered over 600 is also lost at the July 1st reset. This is separate of the "store" redemption which have two Nintendo years for that. I'm glad I held off registering the other games so I can start building up the Platinum again for next year. A pain considering some games dropped in value, however a few went up.

Club Nintendo took away the before and after values. I saved the comparison list here:

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewt...631764#p631764
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mario Tennis 64 is now happily resting in my Wii right where it belongs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After seeing the Elite Status Reset, I had a concern if I will get the Platinum Gift. I confirmed that the Platinum Staus is in for 2012. Go to the Account & Coins section. It lists a history of all the points entered. At the very bottom is the Elite Status History.

This is strange, why would the 2013 Elite Staus show up and as not qualified?

2013 Elite Status: Did Not Qualify (0 coins)
    2012 Elite Status: Platinum (630 coins)

Anyone else have 2013 pop up in their History Status?
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Dang, I had seen the comparison list before, but I really should've check again before I just registered Dragon Quest VI and IX yesterday. I had assumed they were going down, but they actually went up. :/

Oh well, the most important thing was spending my points before the end of the Club Nintendo year since most were about to expire. Too bad that even though I read the warnings and was incredibly careful, my blooper fan still got slightly broken as I opened it up. :/ Club Nintendo has been pretty crappy overall, but I guess I can't complain about free stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CRTGAMER View Post
    After seeing the Elite Status Reset, I had a concern if I will get the Platinum Gift. I confirmed that the Platinum Staus is in for 2012. Go to the Account & Coins section. It lists a history of all the points entered. At the very bottom is the Elite Status History.

I would assume that's because it's the new year of platinum.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

WTF? I have 630 coins, which I had before June 30, and it says I only have Gold status? 590 coins...

I checked my history, I had 630 coins on June 28th. Is this an error?
    Last edited by Tupin; 07-02-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WTF? I have 630 coins, which I had before June 30, and it says I only have Gold status? 590 coins...

You should be fine because mine says gold now but I had platinum last year as well and it changed yesterday.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

The King of Hyrule
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just downloaded Mario Tennis, great game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you get all 630 coins that particular year? Your coins are cumulative, so you could have gotten 40 the year before and 590 this year.

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CRTGAMER View Post

Mine is showing the same thing (though I have a whopping 10 coins at the moment for the 2013 year.)
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire Fox View Post
    Did you get all 630 coins that particular year? Your coins are cumulative, so you could have gotten 40 the year before and 590 this year.
    Esquire Fox makes a good point. I reached Platinum earlier in the year (I think around March or April) but my total was not matching up. I had 580 coins when I thought I should have over 600. I emailed Club Nintendo about it and they gave me a rundown. It turned out that some of my coins were from 2011. Even know I have 230 coins even though only 10 count for the 2013 year.
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Teh Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Wow. I can't say I didn't expect it. :/
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Not really keen on this year's selection. I already have two Nintendo card sets (the very nice Animal Crossings set and the hanafuda deck), so that doesn't interest me. The posters are nice but I already have more posters than I need. The calendar isn't practical enough (I'd take it if it were a full-size wall calendar like the one offered by Nintendo Power back in 2010). So, I'm left with the downloads. I already downloaded Majora's Mask when it was offered as a monthly Club Nintendo offer and I own Mario Kart on the SNES. So it seems that I'll go for Mario vs. Donkey Kong (good thing I didn't pick it up when it was also avaiable a few months ago in the Club Nintendo!).

What are you guys picking up this year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to say that the selection is a bit disappointing. Go figure the year I get Platinum status the selection consists of playing cards, posters, the calendar I get EVERY year, and downloads. Where are the cool items like the Mario hat or the statue? I guess I'm going for the cards. Like Lady Jaye, I already have more posters than I really have room for. I already own Super Mario Kart and the other downloads don't do it for me. And I will be damned if I get a calendar again!