Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Pikointeractive View Post
    To make everyone happy, you can do repro labels with small "reproduction Label" print so you don't get pointed like you are trying to scam and bootleg. Thanks to the big amount of ebay/paypal scams, usually people get defensive when making transaction, so in order to avoid any problem, you should add that small print. Your label will still look nice and would not be considered by many as an attempt to bootleg. Another recommendation, you should NEVER take off the original label, no matter how bad it is, you should use a donor cart of a crappy game you do not like to "reconstruct" your game.
    Showing the bad guy how to make a near identical fake label and then asking him to be sure to add text to the label so as not to confuse anyone is not going to be effective.

If you are good at making these labels and want to help then when a 1 post count newbie asks offer to make it for him and add the text yourself. Don't show him how to do it or worse yet don't post it for everyone to see. The thread we are talking about is not some seasoned well known respected collector. It is an unknown guy with a single post. 1st post ever on the forums and he wants to know how to make near identical labels for SNES games which happen to be the games collectors are seeing the most fakes with right now.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Pikointeractive's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari View Post
    Showing the bad guy how to make a near identical fake label and then asking him to be sure to add text to the label so as not to confuse anyone is not going to be effective.

If you are good at making these labels and want to help then when a 1 post count newbie asks offer to make it for him and add the text yourself. Don't show him how to do it or worse yet don't post it for everyone to see. The thread we are talking about is not some seasoned well known respected collector. It is an unknown guy with a single post. 1st post ever on the forums and he wants to know how to make near identical labels for SNES games which happen to be the games collectors are seeing the most fakes with right now.
    Please explain to me how I'm showing the bad guy how to make a label?

What are the steps I showed him?

If you think that by me saying "put a reproduction label print on your fake label" is going to magically print/cut a near perfect label with a high quality design and the right materials.

PLEASE, think again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Please explain to me how I'm showing the bad guy how to make a label?
    Well that is the topic we are discussing.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

And Still I don't think you read that one.
    Yes, you suggested putting a disclaimer on the label. You suggested this after it was already suggested by someone else and rejected by Tanooki. Tanooki is not willing to do that under any circumstance, he wants to make a 100% perfect label with no disclamier at all. Are you proud of suggesting an idea that was already suggested and dismissed? Are you happy I acknowledged your suggestion? Seriously, what's your point?

As I said in my last post; Nobody cares about new labels marked as reproductions, that's not the issue. I put this again because I don't think you read it. I don't think you read most of the posts in this thread, either that or you have poor reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari View Post
    Well that is the topic we are discussing.
    I'm pretty sure he's not understanding what's going on in this thread.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Pikointeractive's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Yes, you suggested putting a disclaimer on the label. You suggested this after it was already suggested by someone else and rejected by Tanooki. Tanooki is not willing to do that under any circumstance, he wants to make a 100% perfect label with no disclamier at all. Are you proud of suggesting an idea that was already suggested and dismissed? Are you happy I acknowledged your suggestion? Seriously, what's your point?

As I said in my last post; Nobody cares about new labels marked as reproductions, that's not the issue. I put this again because I don't think you read it. I don't think you read most of the posts in this thread, either that or you have poor reading comprehension.

I'm pretty sure he's not understanding what's going on in this thread.
    Bahh, I was getting confused, now I feel like an ass.
    Last edited by Pikointeractive; 05-07-2013 at 08:31 AM.