I avoid the sealed game dilemma by opening and trying out almost everything when I first get it, even if I don't intend to play all the way through anytime soon. I mean, for one, I want to put in a tiny bit of time just to see what a game is like and to confirm it's not defective. That way, I can better decide what to play later on, when I'm craving a particular type of game and remember what seemed fun from the, say, 30-60 minutes I played in the past. From a financial standpoint, I understand if people think it's dumb, since I may sit on these games for like 10-20 years (I have PS1 and N64 games I bought new back when the systems were still alive that I still haven't gotten around to), but once a game stays sealed for a long time, to the point that it becomes a rarity to have sealed, I'd feel bad opening them up, especially if there's a significant value difference between a mint, complete copy and a sealed copy. To play the game, I'd feel compelled to sell off the sealed copy and buy one that's already opened. But that's a pain, so I'd rather just open my own copy at a time when opening copies of said game is normal. One time several years ago I came across a sealed Intellivision game in the wild, and even though it was barely worth anything, I still ended up selling it because, if it had survived that long without ever being opened, I just couldn't bring myself to open it.