Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
I saw a story on my local news about this last night, which gave me a chuckle. Of course, they made no mention of the cardboard hangtab.

This is just another nail in the coffin of hunting for games in the wild. When non-collectors hear about this stuff, they don't grasp the details and start thinking all retro video games are like gold and snap everything up for flipping. As much as I may miss my game hunting days, I'm glad I already have a big collection I can be content with.
Hangtab or not, this is definitely insane. I'm glad I got into this stuff when it was almost literally being given away, and (more importantly) that I generally couldn't care less about sealed games. Sure, I pick them up when I see them cheap (which isn't often), but then I fret about what I'm going to do with them, since games are meant to be played, IMO. Same thing goes for 'un-built' electronic kits from the likes of Heathkit or Knight-Kit. I actually have a small selection of un-built (or partially built) kits from the '60s and '70s, and I am planning on assembling them. The one (likely) exception is my Motorola MEK-6800-D2 microprocessor trainer, which is probably worth a fair bit, though I've seen other un-built examples shown online, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
When the value increases 14K in one year, maybe they're onto something?
I sure hope not!