Page 34 of 109 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your most RECENT import? Post often!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

XII Stag for PS2 showed up today in the mail from playasia.com. It was a pre-owned copy but it was in mint condition.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by fahlim003 View Post
    No, as I own and have owned both several times. But it's all in good fun eh

On-topic: Scooped a Brave Blade pcb kit up recently. Go Raizing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yosumin DS
    A nice little touch screen puzzle game brought to us by Square Enix of all people. I believe it is a port of a game you can play for free on their website

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damaramu View Post
    Just got in Wonder Project J2 via Ebay. Now I need to mod my N64...
    Any chance you could mod mine while you're at it? :P I have the game (as well as the first one), but I have yet to procure the means of modding my N64...

My most recent import, though, is my MOTHER3 Deluxe Box. It is SWEET. Comes with the coolest Game Boy micro ever.

Strawberry (Level 2) bust3dstr8's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just buy the $3 gamebit and do it yourself, it's real easy. If you don't have a dremmel tool, you can just remove the whole cart bay/door assembly.
    Clowns Suck

Clowns Suck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A white PC Engine (with an RGB mod), one pad and 15 complete games:

Also found another game+manual hidden in one of the boxes, bonus:

As I am posting images, here's 4 of my recent DS games:

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Ninja Action Kaze Kiri. I'll post a picture tommorw.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Insert Coin (Level 0) Windy Miller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Theta arrived today from PA.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drag0nsfyre View Post
    Spartacus: Keep up the good work with your reviews I always enjoy them helps add to to my import list of games to check out and get.
    Thank you! DragOnsfyre. I work with mathematics and blueprints for a living. From lack of use, the written word is almost foreign to me now. I'm sure my thoughts don't come acoss as particularly literate or coherent, but I enjoy helping others whenever I can.

Tiny Bullets - Kuusou Kagaku/SCE (2000) PlayStation
    This is a 3D-action/adventure game about a young boy hiking up Mount Curse to find herbs for his mother. Suddenly the sky blackens, the earth splits open and a dark tower rises from the ground. Trapped in a canyon formed by the earthquake, he has nowhere to go but into the tower armed only with his wits and a small slingshot - hence "Tiny Bullets".
    The tower, ruled by an evil wizard and defended by his minions, is riddled with traps to confuse and waylay unwary intruders. Along his journey, the boy will encounter a dragon-rider and his dragon, who are attempting to free a young girl being held prisoner there. She has the power to heal curses placed on the wizard's victims. The dragon and dragon-rider are kind hearted, but seem skeptical of the boy being of any use to them or for his chances for survival. They opt to focus on their mission to free the girl and leave the boy to his own devices, but all help each other as best they can along the way.
    The boy has a wide range of verbal expressions for most of his actions, whether it be to grunt and strain from exertion or reacting with wonder to discovery that make's him a quite endearing character to play. He is capable of exploring and interacting with the environment by pushing, dragging, grabbing, lifting, carrying, stomping, climbing, rolling, running, walking and side stepping. He can hang from ledges to lower himself down or just shimmy along them. He can travel hand over hand across pipes and bars and swing himself back and forth to launch jumps.
    The attention to detail given to the tower's dungeons, hallways and rooms are impressive and lavished with woodwork, tiling and mosaics. There are bubbling, erupting lava tunnels made passable with a decrepit mechanical ski lift contraption - if he can figure out how to get it operational again. There's a wild Indiana Jones inspired rail riding section as well, flying through caverns, over waterfalls and gorges. Graphically, the game is about as good as you could ask for in a 3d PlayStation game.
    The music is inspiringly good too and sets you in a castle exploring mood with strumming ballista's and flutes. I would often catch myself humming a tune or two while thinking about the game at work. And thinking about it is what you will have to do to succeed. This kid will have to be a very clever boy to advance through the game. Many times after finally figuring out how to open a new area of the tower, I would catch myself muttering "Clever boy! Clever, clever boy!".
    You'll find a few paper scroll clues along the way. All are written in Japanese and are useless, but none of these are the least bit necessary to complete the game in its entirety. Others are simple visual clues and these are all you will ever need to help you to unlock or solve everything in the game. But most of the game isn't about finding clues. It's about minding your surroundings. Was that fancy mosaic on the wall just decoration, or something else? Noticing cracks in the walls and floors may lead to secret chambers. Noticing ledges or pipes might lead to hidden rooms. Secret areas are often rewarded with crystals that can be placed in devices that materialize specific items - such as bombs, cures for poison, rocks for the slingshot or just fountains of life - all in limitless quantities. Or they might just hold a key to a locked door.
    For a change, the camera is really helpful in the game and let's you switch easily back and forth from a cinematic view to get a broad sense of your surroundings, to 3rd person view for easy jumps and navigation, to 1st person view to examine things up close or make pinpoint shots with the slingshot.
    Saving your game can be done anywhere, at any time. And if you wish, you can practically retrace your path back through the entire tower - in case you think you might have missed something, remembered something, or just want to fill up on an item you have exchanged crystals for.
    Clever, challenging, visually and audibly outstanding - I loved this game! Not one to miss - if you could stand to help rescue another damsel in distress without benefit of a sword or shield. It doesn't hurt that she's dressed in a mini-skirt!

Here's some screenshots, courtesy of Sony...
    http://www.jp.playstation.com/ps3/ps...=345&width=560
    The case artwork, courtesy of Console City...
    http://www.consolecity.com/games/act..._id-12670.html

GAMEPLAY: 10
    GRAPHICS: 10
    SOUND: 10
    ENGLISH FRIENDLY: 0
    OVERALL: 10

Kyoro-chan no Purikura Daisakusen - Tomy (1999) PlayStation
    Kyoro-chan no Purikura Daisakusen is a light hearted side-scrolling platform game about a cartoon bird called Kyoro-chan who's the mascot for a Japanese chocolate candy called Chocoballs. Kyoro travels through 5 themed levels, each with 3 stages, avoiding enemies and gathering up Chocoballs. Getting hurt costs him Chocoballs and if he runs out - the game ends.
    Entirely 2D, the characters and settings are sharply defined and colorful with parallax scrolling backgrounds. When I noticed that Kyoro-chan was leaving tracks behind him as he was trudging through the snow, I couldn't help but be a little impressed.
    The game music is lively and upbeat and sets a good tempo for platforming. It's complimented with a generous assortment of cartoon sounds effects. Kyoro himself is a vocal character and can use his "squawk" to rattle enemies into providing hidden platforms to climb. Between levels, you are treated to small clips of anime.
    Kyoro-chan is well animated and gets all of the advantages of being a cartoon character. For instance if he jumps or runs off a ledge and keeps his legs moving fast enough, he gets enough traction in the air to hover forward for a short distance. When he has a lot of Chocoballs he moves sprightly, jumps high and whistles a happy tune. When low on Chocoballs, he looks sickly and can barely jump at all. In a platform game - that's not good!
    Kyoro-chan no Purikura Daisakusen covers it's platforming bases thoroughly with warp doors, cannon launching, power-ups and mini-games. Also known as Kyoro-chan's Photo Booth Blitz, there are over 100 photo booths hidden in the game that allow you to pose Kyoro in snapshots and save them to a Pocket Station. Being able to hide that many photo booths in 15 stages is an indication of their size and complexity and there's enough diversity between them to keep the game interesting. Kyoro's search for Chocoballs will take him anywhere from forest treetops to amusement theme parks. In the winter wonderland stages, he can find snowmobiles to commander and race across the frozen landscape, plowing over enemies and barreling over cliffs. In the pirate wharf stages, he can jump into shark-infested waters and scuba dive for Chocoballs equipped with an air tank and a shoulder fired torpedo launcher!
    A bit on the playful side, it thinly disguises enemies as Chocoballs, power-downs as power-ups, and warp doors will sometimes transport you back to the beginning of a level. A painful gag, as all the Chocoballs you've collected will still be gone, but all the enemies will have already re-spawned.
    Kyoro-chan's popularity in Japan spawned fan clubs, collectable memorabilia, his own anime series and video games for the NES, GBA and PlayStation. Purikura Daisakusen is a challenging, lengthy platform game that sadly doesn't offer to save your progress to a memory card, but Kyoro is a very likeable character and the snowmobiling and scuba diving made it unique enough in my opinion to be worth a play.

I didn't run across any screenshots of the game other than what's on the case artwork, courtesy of Console City...
    http://www.consolecity.com/games/act..._id-16797.html
    Kyoro-chans official website...
    http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/kyoro/

GAMEPLAY: 8
    GRAPHICS: 8
    OVERALL: 8

Odo Odo Oddity - IDC Media Studio (1997) PlayStation
    A very unique 3rd person flight shooter, of a sort. Your character is a child suspended by balloons that hold him aloft and carry him along with the breeze. He is capable of steering himself to a certain degree, but it's neither precise nor effortless as he sways back and forth at the mercy of the winds. In his hand he carries a magic rod. In it's most basic form it's simply a bashing implement, but by picking up power-ups it gathers in energy to fling pixie dust.
    The story, told by very nice looking anime, is that three kids are screwing around with a wizards spell book. It sucks them into a vortex to another world where 2 are being held as captives and the 3rd is forced to fly a gauntlet in an attempt to free them.
    The child fly's along on a predetermined path trying to grab power-ups and avoiding objects or enemies that could harm him or his balloons. It's not easy. In fact, the game is ruined by the difficulty. Various enemies that include calvarymen on hover vehicles and fire breathing dragons fill the air and are aiming right for him. Meanwhile his flight path is floating him through dangerous terrain where he can be crushed by falling buildings, smashed by storm tossed waves, electrocuted by lightning strikes, clobbered by boulder spewing volcanoes or simply shelled by cannon firing ships. With only three balloons keeping him airborne and facing such long odds, the game only provides him with an opportunity to pick a spare balloon once per level. The energy power-ups that energize his bashing rod and enable him to make short forward dashes are numerous, but scattered and not easy to reach.
    On top of it all, he must face 6 separate boss characters that he can only defeat by maneuvering himself into position to bat their own shots back at them with his magic rod.
    What a shame that the game's ruined by it's difficulty because it has some good ideas and some interesting sights to see. I can't recommend it to anyone, but if you ever get the chance to try it, use the Game Shark cheat codes for unlimited balloons, life and energy just to see for yourself how hopeless it was to play!

Couldn't find any screenshots, but here's the boxart, courtsy of Console City...
    http://www.consolecity.com/games/act..._id-22999.html
    Here's some YouTube video of the 1st stage in Level 1....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni4q5ZKRFWE
    Note that the player didn't make it through stage 1 and it's the easiest stage of the game!

GAMEPLAY: 2
    GRAPHICS: 7
    SOUND: 7
    OVERALL: 2

Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger - Bandai (2001) PlayStation
    Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger aka 100-Beast Squadron Gaoranger, was the twenty-fifth production of a long running Japanese "superhero team" genre of television shows called the Super Sentai Series. The American Mighty Morphin Power Ranger television series was an adaptation of the Super Sentia Series and the footage from Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger was used in Power Rangers: Wild Force.
    I was delighted to discover that the PlayStation game, and I'll assume the Japanese TV series, is much zanier than anything I've ever witnessed in the few dreadful Power Ranger episodes I've watched. You control GoaRed in the game and it plays like a typical beat-em up. The game makes it appear as if you are fighting in a 3D environment, but it's not. Simplified controls allow you to kick and punch and still throw together combos and special moves. GoaRed can also shoot (something I didn't know the Rangers could do) whenever he's fighting alone. But when he's with another Ranger, instead of shooting, they can double team bad guys with some super-moves.
    The virginal priestess Tetomu, who acts as a mentor to Gaorangers, introduces each stage of the game.
    The first levels in stages 1-4 are played out identically. GoaRed beats up his share of Orgettes(Orugetto?), and then joins up, one-by-one, with the other GoaRangers who are also fighting Orgettes and could use some help. After finishing off all the Orgettes comes the boss battle. GoaRed battles him alone at times and sometimes with the help of another Ranger. After kicking his ass, Duchess Org Tsuetsue will start chanting and use her staff to revive and enlarge the boss Org. The GaoRangers then summon GaoKing to fight the giant Org boss.
    When fighting as GoaKing, it's a completely different game because you take turns fighting each other. When it's your turn to fight you have a 1st person perspective to help you hit the Org boss with your punches. The Org boss is dancing sideways trying to avoid getting hit. When it's his turn to fight, you see GoaKing in a 3rd person perspective and now it's you who are dancing from side to side trying to avoid getting hit. You take turns back and forth. If you can manage to bat one of the boss Org's shots back and hit him with it, it immediately becomes your turn again as reward. If it sounds a bit odd, well, that's because it is odd!
    If GoaKing can get in a good hit, say with his sword instead of his fists, or if he just gets the boss Org's lifebar reduced enough, you get a see a short anime clip of him delivering a devastating attack.
    Any fans of the TV series will enjoy hearing the original music and voice acting and there are loads of FMV clips from the show in the game.
    The game graphics are actually pretty decent and aren't a sore point. I personally couldn't help but chuckle any time I saw one of the Rangers sneaking up on an Org by getting down on all fours and rapidly crawling into a fight! Not to mention when two would tag team an Org by each grabbing an arm and using the same rapid crawl to face drag him through the dirt. The voice acting is very funny to listen too also.

For a little background for anyone unfamiliar with the series, The Ogre Tribe Org is a race of Oni born from the sadness and madness of humans. They often take the forms of idols deep within an underground cavern known as the Matrix. Org" is short for "Organization", since the Org Tribe is an organization of demons and ogres. Orgettes (Orugetto?) are minions armed with clubs. They are considered the lowest class of Orgs because of their small, undeveloped horns. They scream a lot and hop around in an almost monkey like fashion and are pretty hilarious to see and hear.

The boss Orgs in the game include:
    Stage 1 is Boat Org, who uses an anchor for a weapon and a steering wheel for a shield.
    Stage 2 is Bulldozer Org, who like Boat Org has two horns - unlike most other Orgs.
    Stage 3 is Highness Duke Shuten. A one eyed character who wields an axe. Refusing to accept defeat, Shuten takes Tsuetsue's staff to perform the Highness Duke secret technique to enlarge himself at full power.
    Stage 4 is Duke Orgu Loki. An Org whose evil energy is contained inside the Dark Wolf Mask. He wields the Crescent Moon Blade which can perform the Crescent Wave and Moonlight Sonic attacks, and like Duchess Orgu Tsuetsue, he had his own Wolf Seeds that enlarge Orgs. Loki will transform himself into GaoHunter with a pronounced alligator (GoaLigator) appearance.
    The GoaRangers transform into GoaGorilla to battle him.
    Stage 5 changes it up a little as there are no Orgettes to fight. Instead, the GoaRangers fight 3 boss Orgs in quick succession.
    1st) Duke Orgu Yaba-Iba - A crazed master of knives who often blurts out "Kore wa yabai-ba!" ("This is awful!"),
    2nd) Duchess Orgu Tsuetsue - Org priestess in charge of reviving and enlarging the minor Orgs by using the Org Seeds fired from her staff while chanting "Out with the demons, in with good luck."
    3rd) Highness Duke Rasetsu - A hermaphrodite with a mass of mouths with both male and female voices. He uses a knife and fork as his weapons and it's incredibly funny to see! He transforms into a larger version of himself and the GoaRangers transform into GoaGorilla to battle him.
    Stage 6 is the final battle and appears to take place in Hell. I'm not sure who this Org is. The Japanese translation says King Org? His first incarnation is a mecha, then he transforms into a giant white ogre monster. The GoaRangers transform into GaoFalcon to battle him.

The only bad thing I can say about this game is that it's incredibly short! About an hour from start to finish. When you finish the game, which does save to a memory card, you unlock a Survival Mode that lets you take GoaRed against a limitless supply of Orgettes, but that gets old pretty fast.

Here's some screenshots, courtesy of C-Games...
    http://c-games.info/games,002,1897.html
    The developer Bandai's site for the game...
    http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp...aer/index.html
    Toei's site for the Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger TV show...
    http://www.toei.co.jp/tv/user/progra...nd=Old&SID=145
    A great fan based site about the Super Sentai Series...
    http://www.supersentai.com/
    And some YouTube video of the intro and gameplay. Note that there are 7 clips and considering the brevity of the game, I wouldn't be shocked if you could watch the entire thing play out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pml1S...eature=related

GAMEPLAY: 8
    GRAPHICS: 8
    OVERALL: 8

Strawberry (Level 2) Drag0nsfyre's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS2
    DoDonpachi Dai-Oujou
    Vampire DarkStalkers Collection (non best vers)
    King of Colosseum Wrestling Red & Green
    Taito Memories Vol. 1 (Joukan?)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got my Ebayed copy of Sunsoft Memories Vol. 4 for PS1 in the mail this weekend.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Insert Coin (Level 0) BakaTanuki's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't yet ever imported a game, but I'm going to purchase the PC Dojin Touhou game "Embodiment of Scarlet Devil" within the next couple weeks.
    Gaming Dungeon webmaster/main contributor

Strawberry (Level 2) Drag0nsfyre's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS2
    Arcana Heart
    XII Stag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    hwj_chim

Got Rumble Fish in the mail today! This is a nice 2D fighter

SEGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

This finally came today from NCSX. I was lucky to be one of the few to get the promo disc; they only got enough for half of the pre-orders!
    Sadly, I won't have much time with this gem because I'm going out of town with my family for a week.....

In Heaven, everything is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni4q5ZKRFWE
    Note that the player didn't make it through stage 1 and it's the easiest stage of the game!
    Yeah, I'm not very good at the game....
    My Japanese game videos
    Latest Videos: Oretachi Game Center: Akumajou Dracula Stages 1-3 completed without dying from the bonus promo DVD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yay my stash finally came, shikigami III & nights

& seeing as nobody has taken pics of the figure

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I'm hoping Castle Shikigami III comes to the Japanese PS2 since it came to the Wii and 360 in Japan...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I'll just list what i pickup last month i'm not in the mood to take pics.

PCE
    Super Darius 2 (Damn this game has a good sound track)

Famicom&FDS
    Kid Icarus (For the FDS cib btw)
    Batman Dynamite cib (Aka Return of the Joker)
    Tecmo Superbowl cib (The game even plays in english)
    Highway Star (Aka Rad Racer)

Funny thing about finding,Rad Racer for the famicom i didn't know the jpn title name so 'it took me a while to find it.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 01-03-2008 at 03:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a month's worth of goodness to clear in this post, so be patient I also went a bit wild with purchases this month, but here's the highlights:

One of my personal grails - a nicely boxed, complete, and in excellent condition FM Towns Marty. I've wanted one for a while, but wanted to find it in the wild and not on eBay. I've never sniffed one until last week -- I went to a local game shop that's open until 2am and poked around their stuff. Well I found a game I wanted (see below), and as I went to the counter I glanced up at a very large stack of old consoles -- near the top was the lovely green box. I got an employee to get it down, no price. When I asked -- only ~$40! I hopped on that immediately. When I go through everything at home, all the manuals are there (so's the warranty card, bought launch time at Yodobashi Shinjuku), the system has few minor wear and tear. Just a beautiful find, and easily my find of 2007.

Battle Ace for the SuperGrafx. Minty from the same shop, $7.

Probably my best haul of 2007 before I got the Marty. The Sapphire wasn't cheap, but it's in quite nice condition and I got it for well below guide price.

The SuperGrafx was an insane deal - boxed, and in decent condition for $15. $15! I'll buy every one I can find at that price

Neo Geo Pocket goodness. All complete and in nice condition. The Samurai Spirits Box is guide listed as an R8 and $95/complete; not sure I buy that as mine was $25/complete. I've seen it around a few times for not a whole lot more than that.

Finally some DC goodies. The Samba de Amigo was also cheap at $35. I'm quite happy to get the new/sealed Napple Tale and the Tokyo Bus Guide w/ Bijin Bus Guide as well.