Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is why I stay single. (WoW guy on Tyra Banks Show)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default This is why I stay single. (WoW guy on Tyra Banks Show)

Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Tyra Banks may be hot, but that doesn't necessarily make her intelligent.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well.. this doesnt really have anything to do with hate for video games, its the addicition thats the problem. WoW have alot of addicts, its crazy. Its not just WoW tho, but MMORPGs in general, but since WoW got so many players so thats what you hear about in the media.

I actually read today that a guy where i live was threated at the hospital for WoW addiction so its pretty intence. If the guy chooses to play WoW instead of being at being at the birth of his daughter he seriously needs help fast to get de-addictied (or whats it called hehe).

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Well, we are talking excessive gaming here, not her freaking out because he spends even just a bit of time gaming. And if he's turned off cuz she's gained a few pounds after giving birth, then he's a shallow asshole that she should dump.

Of course, you gotta wonder if she's ever even once showed interest in his videogames (probably not)...

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

WoW is just singled out since it's an easy target. Anything(games, alcohol, drugs, Tabasco sauce) can be addicting to that degree.

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ48K3XjnVA

What's even more funny is that destroying those game CDs doesn't hinder his ability to play WoW, as it's on the HDD...no CDs required.

Last edited by Oobgarm; 01-30-2007 at 09:37 AM.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Thats the main reason why you wear condoms when you're bangin'. Chances are that he didn't mean to have the child in the first place. I personally get addicted to single player RPGs so I won't go near any MMORPGs. When my girl comes over there isnt any games being played unless she wants to try one. Come on man, who choose videogames over getting laid. I choose videogames over getting nagged and bitched at though. Word to everybody, if you don't want kids or don't want to get bitched at by your GF, wear jimmi hats and don't let them move in. Or do what the 1st poster said and stay single.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The problem isn't WOW, it's the symptom. These people check out of their lives because of deficiencies in them and they choose various addictions to enable them to do so.

It's no different than Workaholics who work themselves constantly to avoid a crumbling marriage or disappointment with their kids.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    Thats the main reason why you wear condoms when you're bangin'. Chances are that he didn't mean to have the child in the first place. I personally get addicted to single player RPGs so I won't go near any MMORPGs. When my girl comes over there isnt any games being played unless she wants to try one. Come on man, who choose videogames over getting laid. I choose videogames over getting nagged and bitched at though. Word to everybody, if you don't want kids or don't want to get bitched at by your GF, wear jimmi hats and don't let them move in. Or do what the 1st poster said and stay single.
    Always wear protection. Alot of people will play games to that extent because "they are not happy", or "to get away from it all." Games are great and all, but once you have kids, then you should learn to set your priorities straight. I think there is more to the story than we heard on those clips, there's always more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MMO's are addictive and keeps a lot of gamers single and out of the gene pool. This is good for the casual male gamer because it makes it more likely for us to find a single gamer female! There are cases of people meeting over the game and getting together too but they are people I wouldn't have met anyways because I don't play that game.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

"One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mom!!! Hot Pockets!!! >.<!
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a show on A&E called "Addiction", they profile 1 or 2 people per show who have drug/alcohol, shopping, meth, etc addictions. Sun night had one on video games, this 21-yr-old doofus played Xbox & PS2 (he had a Sony controller anyway) & had a pretty good-looking female friend who came over & just sat there bored while he played. I just kept thinking "this idiot would rather play games than play around w/ her? He DOES have a problem."

& ultimately, at his intervention, it was her promise to remove herself from his life which made him finally agree to treatment. Turned out he still played games, so we can only assume she left him.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    Well.. this doesnt really have anything to do with hate for video games, its the addicition thats the problem. WoW have alot of addicts, its crazy. Its not just WoW tho, but MMORPGs in general, but since WoW got so many players so thats what you hear about in the media.

I actually read today that a guy where i live was threated at the hospital for WoW addiction so its pretty intence. If the guy chooses to play WoW instead of being at being at the birth of his daughter he seriously needs help fast to get de-addictied (or whats it called hehe).
    Exactly the argument I was going to use. I just dont understand how this man could ignore his crying childthough that seemed a little out there.
    Looking to buy any Criterion movies that I don't already have.

http://cinemalacrum.blogspot.com/

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    this 21-yr-old doofus played Xbox & PS2 (he had a Sony controller anyway) & had a pretty good-looking female friend who came over & just sat there bored while he played. I just kept thinking "this idiot would rather play games than play around w/ her? He DOES have a problem."
    I'll never understand that kind of thinking either. I like games, but some things are just more satisfying.

& ultimately, at his intervention, it was her promise to remove herself from his life which made him finally agree to treatment. Turned out he still played games, so we can only assume she left him.
    I guess there is hope for some lucky guy on this board then.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, that kid on Intervention was screwed up to begin with - he tried killing himself at age 14. Also, the parents had a lot to do with it; his mom abandoned the rest of the family, while his dad basically enabled his excessive habit by letting him live rent-free in the house.

Also, that show has really extreme cases on it - the other story on that episode IIRC was a woman that would binge on like 6000 calories before 1 PM, so she could puke it up before her family got home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch View Post
    Well, that kid on Intervention was screwed up to begin with - he tried killing himself at age 14. Also, the parents had a lot to do with it; his mom abandoned the rest of the family, while his dad basically enabled his excessive habit by letting him live rent-free in the house.

Also, that show has really extreme cases on it - the other story on that episode IIRC was a woman that would binge on like 6000 calories before 1 PM, so she could puke it up before her family got home.
    that is extreme...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDrive20XX View Post
    Mom!!! Hot Pockets!!! >.<!

Mom!!! Bathroom Mom!! BATHROOM!!!
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

The problem here isn't the game, it's this dumbass woman, and her deadbeat boyfriend/fiance. They are both obviously idiots. Yes, go on the Tyra Banks Show to fix a problem like this... I also just wanted to point out how dumb Tyra Banks is. Listen to how she sounds all dramatic during the show.
    I am teh winnar of the internet.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 64Bits View Post
    The problem here isn't the game, it's this dumbass woman, and her deadbeat boyfriend/fiance. They are both obviously idiots. Yes, go on the Tyra Banks Show to fix a problem like this... I also just wanted to point out how dumb Tyra Banks is. Listen to how she sounds all dramatic during the show.
    Addiction to MMORPGs can actually be a pretty dramatic thing.

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 64Bits View Post
    It also humors me that he was not on the show with her. I guess mmorgps were more important than and all expense payed trip to wherever the hell that show is taped.
    Looking to buy any Criterion movies that I don't already have.

http://cinemalacrum.blogspot.com/