Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's Wiiware releases are the following:

You, Me, and the Cubes
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Players: 1-2
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief
    Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
    Description: Experience a unique combination of strategy and skill as you maintain a level playing field in the physics-based action puzzler You, Me, and the Cubes. The action centers around Fallos, mysterious creatures that resemble humans and have an ability to balance on a playing field of 3-D cubes. First, create a pair of Fallos inside your Wii Remote™ controller by shaking it up and down. Next, determine suitable places for the Fallos to land, then fling them to the selected cube with a swinging motion. After that, the Fallos are on their own. If your placement is sound, the Fallos will remain stable and you'll clear the stage after tossing a required number onto the cubes. But if the weight or locations of Fallos causes the cubes to tilt and sway too much, the Fallos will lose their balance and fall off. Adding to the challenge, you'll find that some cubes have different properties, making tosses tricky and further threatening the stability of the Fallos. Guide Fallos through dozens of single-player stages or invite family and friends to join you in two-player cooperative mode.

Family Tennis
    Publisher: Aksys Games
    Players: 1-4
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief, Mild Suggestive Themes
    Price: 500 Wii Points
    Description: Daddy, Mommy, Sarah and Billy return for some hard-hitting, fast-paced tennis action. Battle it out between the happy family members as you vie for the top spot. Choose from three different modes: Elimination Match, Free Match and Thrilling Rally. Play against the CPU or compete with friends. Elimination Match mode pits you against the CPU to test your skills, while Free Match mode allows you to play against another player under conditions of your choosing. Thrilling Rally mode lets you join up to three other players and rally to see who can get to 100 points first.

The source is http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=20051 .

Screenshots and game video on You, Me, and the Cubes is found at http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/game..._and_the_cubes .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's VC game is the Following:

Last Ninja 2
    Original platform: Commodore 64
    Publisher: Commodore Gaming
    Players: 1
    ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Violence
    Description: The ninja known as the Mystic Shadow Warriors were the elite fighting force of ninth-century feudal Japan. The evil Shogun Kunitoki was once beaten, but he has gathered all his mystic powers to create a modern-day tyranny in Manhattan. Face your archenemy Kunitoki in the urban jungle and conquer him with your ninja skills. Transported to 1988 Manhattan by an unknown force, the ninja leader Armakuni must find a way to defend himself against the unknown dangers that lie before him. Will this be the final battle? Can you vanquish the evil Kunitoki once and for all?

The source is http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=20051 .

Game Video on Last Ninja 2 is found at http://vc.nintendolife.com/games/c64...th_a_vengeance .

I never owned a C64, and I never played Last Ninja 2 before. North America is now 11 C64 games behind Europe in C64 vc releases.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 09-21-2009 at 08:04 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DeadlyMaple
    PSN
    DeadlyMaple
    Steam
    some.nerd

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVenom View Post
    Got a question, I noticed Earthworm Jim & Clay Fighters are on the virtual console. Were they better on the Genesis? I played both of them on the SNES.
    In my opinion, EWJ1 is better on the Genesis. It plays better, has more sound effects/voice samples, plus the SNES version omits the "Intestinal Distress!" level. EWJ2 on the other hand, seemed to be a little better on the SNES, at least for the reason you could play around with the cow's voice at the end of a level. Aside from that, they were pretty similar.

As for Clay Fighter, I always thought it was better on the SNES. It has crisper visuals, better sound, and do I even have to mention the opening song? Kick-A.
    It's still OK on the Genny, but loses points in the A/V department.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MySims Camera actually sounds kind of neat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's DSiware releases are the following:

Art Academy: Second Semester
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
    Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points
    Description: Art Academy is a portable art course that anyone can enjoy. Art Academy: Second Semester provides new and returning students with a larger set of tools and in-depth lessons designed to encourage the creation of more complex artwork. By gaining an even deeper understanding of colors and techniques used by famous impressionist artists, you will be ready to take on more challenging themes that include moving objects, and vast landscapes with distant objects. The openness of Free Paint mode offers plenty of opportunities to hone your skills and boost your confidence as an artist.

Dragon Quest Wars
    Publisher: SQUARE ENIX
    Players: 1-4
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Cartoon Violence, Mild Language
    Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
    Description: DRAGON QUEST WARS is a grid-based strategy game featuring all of your favorite quirky DRAGON QUEST monsters. Choose from several modes and get ready for battle. While the rules are simple, strategy is the key to victory. The game features single-player and DS Wireless Play, as well as battles with foes worldwide via Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection. (Broadband Internet access is required for online play.)

The source is http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=20152 .

A game video on Dragon Quest Wars is found at http://dsiware.nintendolife.com/game...gon_quest_wars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's Wiiware releases are the following:

Arkanoid Plus!
    Publisher: TAITO
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence
    Price: 600 Wii Points™
    Description: ARKANOID Plus! is an updated version of the original arcade blockbuster. Players must destroy colored blocks by guiding an Energy Ball around the screen using a spaceship called a VAUS. The game features a host of new modes and settings that radically alter the experience: Arcade Mode consists of 61 rounds divided into left and right versions, with two types of boss characters appearing in the last round; VS Mode lets players face off against a friend or the CPU; and the unfailingly frantic Time Mode challenges players to clear rounds within a strict time limit. With the subtle differences arising from the choice of "Lives" or "Barrier" rules, plus a plethora of exciting items, you're in for hours and hours of block-busting fun.

Driift Mania
    Publisher: Konami Digital Entertainment
    Players: 1-8
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief
    Price: 800 Wii Points
    Description: DRiiFT Mania is the ultimate top-down multiplayer racing experience. Challenge your friends in fast, exciting races and some totally crazy game modes. You'll need to adapt your driving skills to the different racing environments if you want to succeed.

Arkanoid Plus! already was released in Europe. A game review on Arkanoid Plus! is found at http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/revi.../arkanoid_plus .

Driift Mania game video is found at http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/game...e/driift_mania .

Driift Mania already was released in Europe. A game review on Driift Mania is found at http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/revi...8/driift_mania .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's vc release is the following:
    Altered Beast
    Original platform: Arcade
    Publisher: SEGA
    ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Fantasy Violence
    Price: 1,000 Wii Points
    Description: "Rise from your grave!" When legendary Greek god Zeus brings you back to life with those famous words, you set forth on a mission to rescue his daughter, Athena, from the wicked God of the Underworld, Neff. To survive the gauntlet of mythological foes, you must hunt down the three-headed wolves that inhabit each stage and collect the Spirit Balls that they release. The Spirit Balls increase your strength and allow you to transform into a variety of forms, including a Werewolf, Weredragon, Werebear, Weretiger and the ultimate form, the Golden Werewolf. Each creature possesses powerful attacks to help bring an end to Neff's scheme.

The VCA version of Altered Beast was already released in Europe, but it only cost them 900 Wii Points.

Altered Beast already was released on the vc as a Sega Genesis vc game.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

I know that I already have it on MAME but I wish that they would hurry up and release the arcade version of Splatterhouse in the US already
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop2 View Post
    I know that I already have it on MAME but I wish that they would hurry up and release the arcade version of Splatterhouse in the US already
    That's what i'm waiting for as well unless noa is in the way again....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hudson's vc page has fighting Street coming out sometime this month In North America.

The source is http://vc-pce.com/usa/e/index.html .

For those who don't know, Fighting Street was called Street Fighter in the arcade.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 10-03-2009 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 7th lutz View Post
    Hudson's vc page has fighting Street coming out sometime this month In North America.
    Uggh, I hate Fighting Street. If they're selling this for more than $2.50, it's too much.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

I'm pretty sure there's a PS2 Capcom Classics Collection disc that contains the arcade ROM of Street Fighter. Would that be a better option if one were really serious about playing this game? I've only played Fighting Street for about 2 minutes at the Game On! exhibit in Chicago, so I can't really compare, but I remember having to "charge" the I and II buttons for stronger attacks. That sounds lame. However, it did look almost identical to the arcade version otherwise...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's DSiware release is the following:

Thorium Wars
    Publisher: Big John Games
    ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Fantasy Violence
    Price: 1,000 Nintendo DSi Points
    Description: In Thorium Wars, you must stop the Thorions, a super species of Thorium-based machines, from destroying mankind. Blast through waves of Thorions by controlling an arsenal of tanks, skyfighters, hovercrafts, gunboats and starfighters with either the standard or touch-screen controls. In 12 exciting missions, navigate through a variety of combat environments while viewing 360 degrees of the battlefield, fully rendered in 3-D. Toggle between first- and third-person views to destroy the terrifying army of Thorium beasts, from swarms of Redeye Drones to the bone-crushing Manticore Walker. This man-versus-machine battle proves to be the ultimate test for the survival of the fittest.

The source is http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=20195 .

Screenshots of Thorium Wars is found at http://dsiware.nintendolife.com/game...e/thorium_wars .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's Wiiware game release is the following:

Word Searcher
    Publisher: Digital Leisure Inc.
    Description: You'll need a sharp eye and a quick mind to complete 100 themed word-search puzzles. Word Searcher contains fun words from multiple categories including anatomy, world cities and U.S. presidents. With a huge assortment of subjects to choose from, there's sure to be a puzzle for everyone to enjoy. Help improve your vocabulary, memory and problem-solving skills with these engaging puzzles. Track and try to beat your own play-through times again and again—words are scrambled every time you play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's vc release is the following:

FINAL FANTASY
    Original platform: NES
    Publisher: SQUARE ENIX
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence
    Price: 500 Wii Points™
    Description: The world lies shrouded in darkness. The winds die. The sea rages. The earth decays. But the people believe in a prophecy, patiently awaiting its fulfillment. "When darkness veils the earth, four Warriors of Light shall come...." After a long journey, four young travelers did at last appear, and in the hand of each was clutched a crystal.

I own the Nes cartridge of Final Fantasy over 13 years. The nes version isn't a bad game imo according to my memory of the game.

The nes version had a couple flaws that I recalled like players in my group trying to attack an enemy that was already killed earlier in the same turn. That flaw is found in some of the older rpgs though.

Final Fantasy 1 isn't as good as Dragon Warrior 3 and 4, but is better than Dragon Warrior 1 imo.

This could be the start of getting the Final Fantasy Series on the vc, since Japan has Final Fantasy 1 to 4 on the vc in Japan.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

[QUOTE=7th lutz;1623653]Today's vc release is the following:

FINAL FANTASY...

The nes version had a couple flaws that I recalled like players in my group trying to attack an enemy that was already killed earlier in the same turn. That flaw is found in some of the older rpgs though.

QUOTE]

It wasn't a flaw. Dragon Warrior 2, 3 and 4 + Final Fantasy 1 & 2 for NES were not programmed to conveniently redirect the attacks to other types of enemies if a targeted enemy was already defeated in that turn. Final Fantasy 3 for NES was one of the first games to change that.

When playing those 5 games, it kind of makes it so you really have to plan out your attack strategy rather than just keep pressing A during battles like you can do in many later games and get away with.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Final Fantasy is on the VC?

Time to turn on the Wii for the first time in months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's DSiware game is the following:

Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon™
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief
    Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points™
    Description: Pinball takes on mythological proportions in this Nintendo DSiWare exclusive. Choose from two modes of play (Regular Game or Daily Game) and begin your journey to becoming a pinball champion. Conquer mythic quests, collect gifts from the 12 Olympians, and push your skills to the limit by facing Medusa, the Sirens and more. Your portable pinball table will give you a quick adrenaline rush as you watch the steel ball fly through ramps and carom off bumpers all over the playing field. Rack up combo points, open specific game modes and enlist the Oracle for some help. Will you accept Zeus's challenge?

The source is http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=20276 .
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 10-12-2009 at 07:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's Wiiware release is the following:

Gravitronix
    Publisher: Medaverse Studios
    Players: 1-8
    Description: It's time to claim your rightful place as the champion of the Gravitronix arena, but get ready to deal with up to seven other players who are all shooting for the same title. Vanquish your opponents with four different projectiles and the powerful beams of your gravity platform. Intercept attacks and take careful aim at exposed vulnerabilities. Deflect incoming projectiles or capture and charge them with energy for devastating explosive attacks. Team up with a friend and battle through campaign mode, or recruit up to eight players on a single Wii™ system in versus mode for an all-out battle. Customize your matches with a variety of different options, such as flooding the arena with projectiles or making the game insanely fast. No matter how you like to play, grab your friends and have a blast.

A game video on it is found at http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/game...re/gravitronix .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's vc game is the following:

Final Fight 2
    Original platform: Super NES
    Publisher: Capcom USA
    ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) – Violence
    Price: 800 Wii Points
    Description: It's been several years since peace settled in Metro City. With Cody and Jessica on vacation and Guy resuming his training out of town, everything seems to be in order. But Haggar is feeling uneasy after learning that Mad Gear was not completely destroyed. Once again, the Mad Gear Gang has emerged, and this time they want revenge. They've kidnapped Guy's master, Genryusai, and Genryusai's daughter, Rena. Now Haggar must travel the globe in search of Genryusai and Rena. Hopefully, with the help of Maki and Carlos, the reign of the Mad Gear Gang will be destroyed.

I own Final Fight 2 for the SNES. It is a good beat'em up imo.