Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

A pretty big sales day today with Fallen Legion (PS4 & Vita, though the game differs depending on the platform), Lethal League (PS4) and its soundtrack, and Super Hydorah (PS4) in both standard and "Classic Edition" versions. Only a Vita Fallen Legion for myself, but good luck to those fighting over Super Hydorah. The standard copies sold out in the blink of an eye, and the CEs were soon to follow. Right now, nothing but Lethal League is still available from the first batch.

Originally, I was gonna say I was happy to have a little bit of a break as a Vita collector with only one game to buy today, but now I'm just ticked since they announced Nurse Love Addiction for next Friday. Again, LRG is not thinking about grouping games in logical ways to save on shipping costs. I hate paying shipping on one single LRG release if another I plan to buy is being sold in just a week or less. I also really have to question what LRG is doing about CEs. They claimed to be cutting back so that they could save them for the games that truly deserve them and so that they could focus on making each truly worth the price tag, yet here we are back to have CEs sold every sales day for weeks in a row (Munch, Super Hydorah, and Nurse Love Addiction). To make matters worse, there was barely any notice given before the sales date that Nurse Love Addiction would be getting a CE, and they still haven't even revealed the contents. It feels like they're taking for granted LRG collectors, thinking we all can whip together any amount of money at a moment's notice and will buy CEs regardless of what they contain.

Even though the rate of releases was too high, I really appreciate how last month they seemed to be going back to their roots, yet now they're going back to the habits that had customers demanding they go back to their roots in the first place.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    It feels like they're taking for granted LRG collectors, thinking we all can whip together any amount of money at a moment's notice and will buy CEs regardless of what they contain.
    Some would argue that they've been taking advantage of LRG collectors for quite some time.... oh wait.

Pass on all three. The Gradius clone doesn't look bad, but it's a Gradius clone. Gradius Collection is fine enough for me honestly. I'm just not much of a shmup fan is all, so doesn't interest me enough to get it. When Senko no Ronde releases I'll get that though, and if they ever release Jamestown which apparently someone from LRG mentioned it as it's been rumored to get a release. The other two look like trash and even if I was interested in getting Fallen Legion, which I'm not, I'd get the Switch version which contains both stories.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-09-2018 at 10:48 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Taking for granted and taking advantage are two different things.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Heads-up: LRG combed through orders to cancel purchases that exceeded their order limits, so if you missed Fallen Legion or Super Hydorah, they're back in stock briefly. Vita Fallen Legion and standard Super Hydorah are already sold out again, but there's a little left of PS4 Fallen Legion and the Super Hydorah CE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Another fucking LRG release next week? Pricks.

Is that the ONLY game for Friday? Also, if the LE is just a bullshit release with a soundtrack and poster, they can shove it. I will but the normal edition.

Can you imagine the chaos once they start releasing Switch games? Thank goodness I won't bother with them.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

That's the only one announced so far for next Friday, but with them, who knows if more will be announced. They always talk about scheduling things out far in advance and promising to give more notice in the future, yet they never deliver on that. They say the 23rd will have nothing but a VR game (which won't be a part of their main numbered line). Probably Project LUX, unless they pull something else out of nowhere.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    That's the only one announced so far for next Friday, but with them, who knows if more will be announced. They always talk about scheduling things out far in advance and promising to give more notice in the future, yet they never deliver on that. They say the 23rd will have nothing but a VR game (which won't be a part of their main numbered line). Probably Project LUX, unless they pull something else out of nowhere.
    According to Douglas, there will likely also be Organ Trail and Kero Blaster this Friday.