Thread: Do you have any personal gaming "rules" you adhere to?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    No, I see code as well, but that code is made to represent a human being. That's what the developers were trying to portray after all. I don't abstain from dispatching them because I think that the characters they represent are real, I don't kill them because I have no inclination to harm innocent people in the first place, whether real or imagined. I wouldn't feel an urge to kill a tennis racket or a banana peel either for that matter. It's just in my nature.
    So is that across the board or does the sophistication of the graphics come into play? For example, would you abstain from playing an actual arcade version of Death Race 2000 under the same reasoning? Just curious...

Personally, I pretty much see zero difference from it, and running over a pedestrian in GTA. i.e. No matter how good the graphics are it's it's all just blips and bloops at the end of the day. And any moral trigger I have against "harming" others never even comes into play.. because why should it? It's a video game.

But yes I understand it's just the personal rule you have and that's fine. Just offering casual thoughts on the other side of the coin.
    Last edited by NE146; 09-15-2011 at 10:28 PM.