Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily/whenever check :) 2016 (GAMEPLAY)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been playing through a nice load of Capcom related games over the last couple of weeks - Bionic Commando, Mega Man 2 (still my favourite game ever), LED Storm (under rated in my opinion) and I'm now onto Strider and its many ports - of which the Master System version seems too cut down for its own good (barely any enemies in the levels, and the first boss slows the game almost to a stop). No continues either, so it took about a half dozen tries to master each level before I could clear the entire game. The Mega Drive version though is great - very close to the arcade version and great fun - only issue I have with the arcade/MD version is the tail end of the final level - the final jump before reaching the boss gauntlet has an evily placed robot that knocks you off the narrow platform if you even get a bit too close to him... doesn't help that the MD port forces you to beat Solo rather than just run from him. Otherwise its a class act, pity US Gold had to release that hideous "sequel".

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by the s View Post
    then you're gonna love this too

awesome..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Captain Skyhawk (Nintendo

also
    60-1 Table top Arcade Game..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Crimson Gem Saga for PSP ... a very nice (so far) Korean RPG. I rarely use headphones on portable gaming and now that I bough a very cheap KOSS headphones on a flea market I cannot go back to the crappy speaker on portable consoles, it really shows how amazing detail a score has.
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I went another long stretch without playing much of anything, but such is my life. Now I'm trying to get back into it. I picked up Corpse Party again (just barely missed Halloween), which I've been playing on my Vita, and I finally got past the point I was stuck on and made it to Chapter 3. Missed a couple bad ends in Chapter 2, and I have no idea where they'd be. Maybe I should try touching the boy ghost when I have the doll.

I've also been "playing" the kinetic novel Supipara on PC. Or rather, it's Chapter 1 of Supipara, but it's still a full, standalone story. It's kind of an interesting franchise because the developer planned it as having five chapters, but only two have been made. The US publisher set up a fund-raising project to use the profits from the localized versions of their games to fund the localization of the second chapter and the development of the later chapters, assuming they hit the desired figures. So far they haven't hit the goal for even the second's localization, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Other than those, I've just been dabbling in a bunch of recent Vita purchases. Also played a little bit of Skate or Die: Bad 'n Rad (is that a 90s title or what?) on my Game Boy Advance SP, which isn't working as well as it used to. Something is up with the power switch, and the battery doesn't seem to last long anymore (at least in terms of playing time; if left unplayed, the battery still retains a charge for a long time). The quirks aren't too bothersome, though, and I cleared the 1st, 2nd, and 4th stage in Skate or Die. It's weird how the game lets you start from any of the first four stages, and there's absolutely no need to play the first three. It's not like you have to clear all four to unlock the later stages, you just have to beat Stage 4 to unlock Stage 5 and so on. It's a pretty tough game, but it's fun and has variety to its stages.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm still chipping away at Supipara on PC and Corpse Party on my Vita. I wish I knew how close I am to the end of Supipara, especially since it's supposedly a pretty short kinetic novel, but with no chapters or CG gallery or anything to judge by, it's hard to tell. Likewise, there's no way to really express where I'm at in it without posting story spoilers. Not that anything really dramatic is happening. It's decidedly slice of life.

I'm pretty early on in Chapter 4 (out of 5) in Corpse Party, and I think I'm *almost* caught up to where I last left off in the manga. I'm guessing Chapter 5 will be entirely new story to me, maybe even some of Chapter 4. I actually managed to get every ending in Chapter 3, but go figure, I missed one of the name tags on the corpses somehow. Don't know how that happened when it was always so easy to find all in each chapter before. I even got a corpse in Chapter 3 that I had to lay a loose board to reach. Oh well. Now I'm sure that I'm missing a victim's memoirs ending in Chapter 2, but I missed two bad endings in that chapter, so I still have no idea on the other, or on the ending I'm missing from Chapter 1. Either way, I'm just happy to be making steady progress.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Since I finished Supipara, I took a step further back into my backlog of started-but-unfinished VNs and loaded up Ozmafia for PC. At least this one I made a good dent in, completing a number of the routes, but I still have more left. I imagine the last time I posted about it in this topic was where I left off, midway through a replay of the brothel route. So now I'm just skipping everything I already read, picking responses I passed on last time, and reading the bonus scenes that only unlock after a route is cleared the first time.

I'm still in Chapter 4 in the PSP version of Corpse Party. I'm controlling Satoshi and just found Seiko's phone. It's pretty interesting how frequently the perspective changes from one character to another in this chapter. I'm also noticing more and more differences from how the manga goes, though I'm inching closer and closer to being caught up with the manga anyway.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been spending some quality time with my Vita recently, mainly been playing the following games:

Downwell - addictive as heck action game where you are constantly falling - going ever deeper into a well and have to avoid obstacles, dodge/destroy enemies and power yourself up as you go. Today after trying on and off for months I finally managed to clear a whole level (aka 3 stages) without touching the ground once (which is way harder than it sounds). Ended up doing it on level 4 which has the fewest number of platforms, but tons of enemies! Now I've just got the last couple of hard mode levels left to clear for the platinum trophy. This game is well worth playing, its incredibly addictive and well designed, not to mention really fun!

Yomarwari - A pint sized survival horror game. You play as a young girl who has to explore her home town which has become infested with demons, ghosts and monsters. Each chapter has you tackle a different area of the town, usually each different area of the town has unique enemies, as well as one "boss" creature which is usually more of a puzzle - you have to figure out how to free them from the mortal coil so they can RIP. Its great - the atmosphere is suitably messed up, the monster design is allso suitably weird and the variety of areas and enemies you meet is substantial enough that you'll never feel as if the game gets repetitive. Then again its a really short game so it doesn't really last long enough to get repetitive! It has some decent side "missions" as well - basically hidden little missions which involve you carrying out missions to unlock different items, the reason why I enjoyed them is because they often included exclusive monsters you don't meet in the main game so there was a good reason to do the side content.

10 Second Ninja X - A fast paced action game which, as the name suggests gives you only 10 seconds to defeat all the enemies on screen. Clear them out extremely fast for the best ranks. Its another well designed and addictive game, with each level essentially being a puzzle of sorts in order to work out the best way of dispatching the enemies in the quickest and most efficient manor. Ended up finishing this one real quick as I couldn't put it down.

And lastly I've just started Hitman Go. It takes the game series Hitman, turns it into a boardgame, then turns the boardgame into a videogame. You have to move Agent 47 round each stage to the exit (or target) while avoiding or taking out the enemy pieces on each board. Its essentially a turn based puzzle game and its very well designed at that. I'm impressed that they managed to take the series and successfully transform it into a puzzle/boardgame hybrid and have it remain fun.

Retro/Capcom wise its been Strider month, with me playing through the different console ports of Strider. To condense my feelings on them: Arcade version (via PS2 collection) is excellent, remains as fun as it always has been. MD port is brilliant and seems really close to the arcade original bar a few little changes here and there and is my preferred console port. Master System version is only ok, suffers from slowdown (or just slow speeds in general) levels are bare with almost no enemies in them. The PC Engine port is disappointing. It retains the main levels and adds a new one (which isn't great), it runs slower and far less smooth than the MD port, doesn't look as good (especially on the new level) and has some frustrating changes in the final level.

I also worked through the NES version of Strider, which is completely different to the arcade game. Its got a few control/collision details but I like what they were going for (basically a metroidvania style game a couple of decades before Double Helix made their Strider game) and I generally had fun with it.

I also did a quick run on both the arcade and PC Engine version of Tenchi o Kurau (Dynasty Wars). I actually liked the PC Engine port more, felt slightly less hectic and more balanced difficulty wise, compared to the arcade version which felt overly difficult at points. I do wish we got CD quality audio all through out the PCE port though, as its only really used for a couple of intro/ending tracks... Still, the new voice work is nice.

Last is the arcade version of Willow. Its a side scrolling action game which should excite me, but I just couldn't enjoy it. You constantly feel under powered (your screwed if you don't buy the powerups from the shop in each level) and it just was no fun what so ever. Really the only enjoyment I had was against the end boss - both because it felt fairly well designed (at least compared to the rest of the game) and because I knew once I beat it I didn't have to continue playing this game! Thankfully the NES version of Willow is nothing like the arcade version, so fingers crossed it turned out better...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NOPHIX
    PSN
    Nophix

Well, winter is officially here. So, GAME TIME!!!

Plus, we shipped the kids to Grandmas for the weekend.

I started out with a run through Megaman 3, worked on Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon a bit, and ended up grabbing my Vita and digging into Final Fantasy X HD. 16 hours later, and a couple recharges.... It's hitting an itch I've had for a while but couldn't find enough time to devote to.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Had some of my nieces and nephews over last light. We played:

Virtua Cop 2 on Saturn, which may be my favorite light gun game.

Contra on NES... my nephew recently got an NES and is learning the ropes. They loved it.

Mechanized Attack, Freedom Force, and Gumshoe on NES. Same nephew wanted to try more Zapper games.

Ninja Baseball Batman. Hooked up the pcb so the kids could play it in one of my cabinets. It really is fun.

All three of them played through Sunset Riders on my cabinet. They love that game.

I played some Windjammers while they were playing NES.

Pretty solid night. I swapped in my TMNT pcb into the Sunset Riders cabinet so they could play it with their dad when he picked them up this morning. I love that game.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I made it up to Chapter 5 in Corpse Party on my Vita, and oof, was that cutscene at the end of Chapter 4 long. I missed one bad ending and one corpse in Chapter 4, again with no idea where. The bad endings seem to be listed in order on the ending list, and since I got two different bad endings at the pool, and I got the ones listed before those, I'm guessing the one I'm missing is near the end of Chapter 4. I tried letting the ghosts have their way with me, but the bad ending with the girl ghost seems to count as the same ending as with the boy ghost.

I read everything I could read in the brothel route in Ozmafia on PC short of triggering the ending I've yet to get, but doing that proved tricky, like usual. It's especially tough here because the route involves three different people. The ending I already got involves Dorian Gray, so that left me wondering who of the remaining two I had to please to get the other ending. First I tried focusing purely on Manboy, then purely on Alfani, and then I tried picking answers that'd make both of them happy. Turns out my last strategy was the correct one, but I was still falling short of triggering it on my own. I caved and glanced over a route walkthrough and saw that I was getting almost all of my responses right, but I changed just a couple and triggered the different ending. Now to just read through it and I'll probably tackle Caesar's route next.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Rogue Trip: Vacation 2012 (Sony PlayStation PS1

A friend picked it up for me at a flea market highly scratched,he had it polished and it works..

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I finished off the remainder of the brothel route in Ozmafia on PC. Boy, that route goes to dark, f'ed up places no matter what ending you get, haha. I did start Caesar's next, and I've already powered through all of it, both the initial playthrough and the replays to read everything else and get the other ending. After I got far in the first playthrough, I honestly was just trying to get through it quick, since I was finding the route pretty dull and predictable. I was hoping maybe the bonus scenes or other ending would provide something more interesting, but no such luck. This route is up there with Pashet's as one of the least satisfying of the game. But at least I can understand why Pashet's was a cop-out. This route has no excuse. I'm really frustrated that the route never once addressed how Caesar knew the protagonist, Fuka, or why he wanted to kill her. I mean, that's the very first plot point introduced the second you start the game. That this strange man wants to kill Fuka, who has total amnesia, has no familiarity with the town she's in or how she got there, and nobody else in town knows her either. They do really play up that Caesar is supposed to be the personification of a wolf, like the big, bad wolf in Little Red Riding Hood. So maybe we're expected to conclude that Caesar didn't actually know Fuka and just randomly decided at that moment when he first saw Fuka that he'd make her his prey, as big, bad wolves are supposed to hunt pretty young maidens or some such. I dunno. And I'll never know because the route doesn't explain or develop jack. He's just your stereotypical otome game tsundere, with no interesting backstory or anything. It's just a story similar to a farmer raising an animal for slaughter only to grow attached. Meanwhile, the route makes Fuka comes off as foolish to a nonsensical level. Even normally, she comes off as a bit of an airhead, but in a charming way, between her optimistic, carefree personality and the fact that her amnesia has her clueless about everything, but here this guy is constantly talking about how he intends to kill her, and regularly insults her on top of that, and yet she keeps visiting him on Sundays, which fall under a peace agreement, gets friendly with him and starts to care for him, barely acts afraid and never once asks "hey, uh, why do you want to kill me?" Urgh, okay, that's enough ranting about this route.

In Corpse Party on my Vita, I played through a couple of the extra chapters. I was surprised that later ones I unlocked were literally just cutscenes, when the first extra chapter was a lot longer and more involved. I started Chapter 5, but I've made virtually no progress. I saw that the first choice at the very beginning causes the course of events to branch off, so I'll have to explore both options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Xbox One: Gears of Wars 4, Quantum Break

PS4: Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

SNES: Clock Tower

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hmm, Final Fantasy XII. Still chewing on the idea of Final Fantasy Legend II/SaGa 2 for the old brick.
    RPGs: Proof that one you start done the dork path, forever will it dominate your wallet's destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Excellent,I love reading about what people are playing..

Playing :

Guevara - Guerilla War famicom on lcd game.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

E.G.G. for Dreamcast. Not sure how long that will last. Losing interest in alot of games recently and have been bailing on most of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    E.G.G. for Dreamcast. Not sure how long that will last. Losing interest in alot of games recently and have been bailing on most of them.

That is one game I've never tried...

Playing today..

Tiger-Heli (Nintendo Entertainment System, 1987)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    That is one game I've never tried...
    It ain't bad, it's a zelda-like. Depressing and somber tone to it. Some of that old school "where the fuck do I go next" stuff in it.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Just beat Dr. Mario, level 20 on High/Fast speed.
    Love Dr. Mario