Thread: Will Wii games still be produced after the Wii U is released?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstar Hero View Post
    I wasn't saying I didn't enjoy the Wii, I was saying I don't think I will enjoy the Wii U. I am a fan of the Wii for it's honoring old franchises and reviving them with great remakes and sequels. This is why I am asking if wii games will keep being made. I like how it can use motion control, and on the Wii remote it almost mirrors an NES controller. Please next time read before you bash my comments.

I know Nintendo has been geared toward families in the past, but the challenge was there too. I think the new games are becoming too easy is all. I'm not saying EVERY game is way too easy, just the average amount of games.

I am not asking for a Nintendo Xbox clone, as that would imply that they would rely on FPS's, which I made abundantly clear I DO NOT WANT. But if it was like an Xbox or PS3 but with Nintendo games, would that be a bad thing? I think not.

So to conclude, re-evaluate your comment.
    I did read your comments. I would suggest you take the time to do the same. How is "I want the old Nintendo back who makes quality games for avid gamers" or "I really just want them to release another REAL gaming system, one that meets the standards for a system with no gimmicks and one that revives gaming that isn't FPS's and MMORPG's" consistent with what you just wrote? That implies that somehow the Wii isn't that "old Nintendo" and that the Wii has a gimmick that you don't like. It also implies that just because the WiiU has an additional interface option that it somehow won't qualify as good either. Nintendo has always employed novel control and interface options, whether that's the ROB or the light gun from the original NES or the mouse on the SNES or the unique controller on the N64. The WiiU is just the next step in that progression. Maybe the tablet controller will be great and maybe it won't, but as of now, Nintendo certainly hasn't said that anyone will be forced to control any game using it. Heck, on the Wii, you could still use Gamecube controllers or the classic controller up until recently. No reason to think the WiiU won't be the same.

The Xbox and PS3 have a huge variety of games outside of the FPS genre and continually harping on that just supports my belief that you are confused about what is out there and what Nintendo offers that the other two major companies do not. Nintendo has decided in the Wii and the WiiU that great games and unique interfaces trump bleeding edge specs. I personally can't dispute that approach as it has made Nintendo billions of dollars and put a Wii in 90+ million households. So, no, I don't want a console with the same specs as a PS4 or Xbox Whatever from Nintendo. If that's all they plan to deliver, they'd be better off going the Sega route and just becoming a software developer/publisher.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I did read your comments. I would suggest you take the time to do the same. How is "I want the old Nintendo back who makes quality games for avid gamers" or "I really just want them to release another REAL gaming system, one that meets the standards for a system with no gimmicks and one that revives gaming that isn't FPS's and MMORPG's" consistent with what you just wrote? That implies that somehow the Wii isn't that "old Nintendo" and that the Wii has a gimmick that you don't like. It also implies that just because the WiiU has an additional interface option that it somehow won't qualify as good either. Nintendo has always employed novel control and interface options, whether that's the ROB or the light gun from the original NES or the mouse on the SNES or the unique controller on the N64. The WiiU is just the next step in that progression. Maybe the tablet controller will be great and maybe it won't, but as of now, Nintendo certainly hasn't said that anyone will be forced to control any game using it. Heck, on the Wii, you could still use Gamecube controllers or the classic controller up until recently. No reason to think the WiiU won't be the same.

The Xbox and PS3 have a huge variety of games outside of the FPS genre and continually harping on that just supports my belief that you are confused about what is out there and what Nintendo offers that the other two major companies do not. Nintendo has decided in the Wii and the WiiU that great games and unique interfaces trump bleeding edge specs. I personally can't dispute that approach as it has made Nintendo billions of dollars and put a Wii in 90+ million households. So, no, I don't want a console with the same specs as a PS4 or Xbox Whatever from Nintendo. If that's all they plan to deliver, they'd be better off going the Sega route and just becoming a software developer/publisher.
    I apologize I did not know there would be an option to not use the tablet controller, as I just am not a fan of this way of gaming. I was talking about the Wii U when I mentioned a gimmick, referring to the tablet controllers. I will probably end up getting one to see what it's like, so until then I guess I can't judge the Wii U... this is all just based on what I have heard about the system. I guess by saying "old Nintendo" I really meant the old developers who made difficult games for Nintendo's other systems. I have really not seen many games that are being advertised by 3rd party developers AND that are geared toward older gamers (Well at least not nearly as many as previous consoles). Maybe I need to search harder, or maybe there just aren't that many. Now that you mention it, I agree a Nintendo system similar to the Xbox wouldn't be the best approach, especially if that means going the "Sega road". I am sorry for not clearing things up before and hope this clears things up now. Thank you for at least shedding some light on topics I was confused about. If you cannot already tell I am much more of a retro gamer than a modern one, and I am certainly not an expert on modern games and devices. I mean not to troll or be a bother .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The tablet looks like an improvement to me. It at least has a reasonable button layout.
    Of course, I'd prefer a system 10x more powerful than a PS3 that comes with HRAPs as the default controller, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.