Thread: Best Playstation 3 Racers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GT5 is the best sim racer on PS3, one of the only sim racers I know of on the console. The best arcade racers I've come across are Burnout Paradise and Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I've played Most Wanted all the way through and it's a great game, so I wouldn't dismiss it so quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by duffmanth View Post
    GT5 is the best sim racer on PS3, one of the only sim racers I know of on the console. The best arcade racers I've come across are Burnout Paradise and Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I've played Most Wanted all the way through and it's a great game, so I wouldn't dismiss it so quickly.
    For some reason I couldn't get into Burnout Paradise. I may buy Most Wanted when the price drops significantly but not now. I'm looking forward to GRID 2 but I'll also wait for a price drop. For the most part I think I got the best racers in my collection and I'll have to get rid of a handful that I probably won't play too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog View Post
    For some reason I couldn't get into Burnout Paradise. I may buy Most Wanted when the price drops significantly but not now. I'm looking forward to GRID 2 but I'll also wait for a price drop. For the most part I think I got the best racers in my collection and I'll have to get rid of a handful that I probably won't play too much.
    Really? I think Burnout Paradise is maybe the best arcade racer this console gen. I preferred it over the previous Burnout games, it was fun offline and also online when the EA servers weren't acting up. Most Wanted isn't worth full price, I only paid about $30 for a new copy off eBay, so you're smart to wait for a price drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If a Wii U is in your future, I'd just wait and pick up Need for Speed cheaply over there down the road. It is significantly better looking graphically and seems to have recieved a lot of polish in general by Criterion that should make it the console version of choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    If a Wii U is in your future, I'd just wait and pick up Need for Speed cheaply over there down the road. It is significantly better looking graphically and seems to have recieved a lot of polish in general by Criterion that should make it the console version of choice.
    I have no interest in the Wii U right now. Perhaps down the line when it drops to the $199 mark but who knows. I just wish Criterion would release an HD version of Burnout 3 with online play.