Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Street Fighter IV thread

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Actually played Street Fighter 4 again and not just attempting C. Vipers shitty Hard Trial #3 and I was kicking ass all over the place. That is until I fought this Rufus which I should have won. I would have ended with atleast 90,000CP after that battle. It was a good match, but I lost at the end when I was in the corner we both had a hardly any life left, but I was holding block waiting for him to jump. Until he used his special which I was safe, would have survived it, AND WHAT THE FUCK I DON'T BLOCK???? That's fine though.

What pisses me off about the piece of shit game is I got right back in Championship, went through two an Akuma and two Sagats, then I hit okay to enter Championship again and I picked the person I would play against. So the screen goes dark to the "Ready, Not Ready, quit because I'm a pussy screen, etc." As soon as it goes dark it goes right back to the menu and then.

"Match did not finish properly, restarting at the first match."

WHAT THE FUCK!? The bullshit is that it blacked out at the ready screen, so we didn't even start the fucking match. That bitch could have pussied out and just quit or I could have quit if I wanted to, but no, because Capcom has one of the shittiest online services ever, not to mention games for the next gen, I get booted off without even choosing my match, lose what I can guarantee would have been 100+GP and get another disconnect rating. I finally got my disconnect rating back down to 0% and this bullshit happens.

Now I'll admit. It doesn't happen often anymore now that I use a wired connection, how would I have gotten from 3% when originally starting all the way back down to 0% this late after Championship mode was added? But when it does happen it seems it's at the most opportune moments just to piss me off.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finally picked it up today for PS3, heard it was a really tough game and never been that good with Street Fighter but for $20 I couldn't resist, I do like certain fighters like Soul Calibur, Guilty Gear, Mortal Kombat and Virtua Fighter to name a few series. Also picked up Blazblue SE for PS3 so don't really know which to start first?.

Proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, PSP and 3DS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I expect a couple more people to respond to this since the game is 20 bucks at Gamestop now ^_^

Anyway, I got a tourny this Saturday. Wish me good luck.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Good luck, Nirvana.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it the tourny in Des Moines? I might be at that.

-GoTaS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

It's in Chicago, at Roosevelt University. I'll definitely post the results after it happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

The tournament was awful. The organization couldn't have been worse. The first two tournaments that these guys held were the same way; side tournaments occurring at the same time as the bigger tournaments caused huge delay as we had to wait for players to finish their matches with the side tournys. Although there was a brown out earlier in the day caused more of a delay, it's no excuse because this same stuff happened at previous tournaments; except this time it was worse. The people running the tourny failed to yell out names loud enough, causing my brother to get disqualified from the BlazBlue tournament. He was doing pretty well, too. Not to mention it was the tourny he was training for the most. That ruined my day, to see my brother's training go to waste because of the inability to run a tournament correctly. At least three more people got disqualified because of this.

When Street Fighter IV singles came up, they accidently cleared the bracket on the bracket maker, so they had to re do it. My brother (same one that got DQ'd) was the first match that occurred before the bracket was cleared. For some odd reason, they didn't keep the results for that win. So he had to play another first round match, and he lost. Also, the rules were changed from best two out of three matches with best two out of three rounds, double elimination, to best 3 out of 5, single elimination. I hate how they had to change the rules of the tourny because of time constraints, but like I said, this happened at the two previous tournaments, so why couldn't they schedule less tournaments to help with the time issue? Also, they had this "mystery tournament" you could sign up for, and it ended up being X-Men vs. Street Fighter. My friend and I signed up for it, but my brother didn't. My name wasn't even on the bracket for it, yet my brother Marc's was. It made no sense; how do you get the handle "Cannon Spook" confused with "Marco"? Not to mention, when my friend's match came up for that game, they called it out and went over there. When he reported over at the gaming station, they said to him "Oh, we called out a game at the same time, so just wait here and you'll be up." He was sitting there waiting, as they called out more games. He didn't even give a shit anymore, so he just left that gaming area.

Anyway, I did better than I should have in the BlazBlue tournament. I have about 2 hours worth of playing time in that game and I ended up facing players who just didn't have great fundamentals at all >_> So I just kept spamming Tao's drive and mixed them up with overheads, throws, and low moves. No big combos at all. Not to mention her distortion (I'm gonna beat the crap outta you!) catches people off guard. Well, the not so good players off guard...

When SFIV came, I was completely out of it. I was so upset about my brother getting DQ'd AND for the fact that he earned a first round victory but was forced to repeat it again really made me mad. He is one of the most courteous guys there; he's nice to EVERYONE. And the fact he got screwed over twice just really upset me. Anyway, my first match comes up. My opponent gets DQ'd for not hearing his name in the chaos. Second match comes up. Same thing happens. So I'm in the third round. Great news, right? Wrong. I haven't been able to play for hours since the guys who brought systems for casuals left already, and all the remaining TVs were used for tourny matches. I face a Zangief, who beat me the first two rounds. Then I just said, "Fuck it. The only way I'm gonna win is if I do nothing but cannon spikes." So I just started mashing out cannon spike like a lag spiking Cammy on X-Box live who takes advantage of lag, and I won. I was able to squeek out a victory against this guy without any real strategy at all. Definitely not a great warm up match. Second match is against a Ryu. It came down to the wire, when he blocked a whiffed Cannon Spike and he sweeped me for the win. We both had slivers of health left and I thought the chip damage would take care of it, but unfortunately it wasn't enough. So I lost.

It sucks, because I just didn't feel right the whole tournament. With my brother getting screwed twice, my name not being in the mystery tourny bracket, and the chaos with the brackets and everything, it was just tough for me to focus. Shitty excuse, I know, since the pro players are able to not warm up and all and still put on a show, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a pro player. But honestly, all in all those guys had two chances to learn from their mistakes at the previous tournys, I don't understand why they can't get it right the third time.

tl;dr version: God dammit.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SurfKahuna's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Total bs man. Sorry to hear about that. Shitty tourneys really get you down. All that work for... this?!? Been there...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I ended up tying for 9th. Same place as last time. One day I'll win one of these tournaments. Mark my words >_>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Not SF4 related, but SF related and really didn't want to start a new thread as it doesn't really seem important enough to get its own thread. Anyways. Zen Pinball, some PSN game, gets a Street Fighter pinball table added to it.

Zsolt from ZEN Studios here! In case you missed yesterday’s memo, I’m here to tell you there’s a new table coming for ZEN Pinball. We’ve teamed up with Capcom and you guessed it, we’re bringing the one and only Street Fighter franchise as the first expansion table for the newly released PSN exclusive ZEN Pinball. As long time Street Fighter fans, we here at ZEN Studios are extremely excited about this collaboration and we can’t wait to get this table out the door to all our fans!

To give you a little idea of what makes this table so unique, we’ve loaded it with all the iconic Street Fighter II characters that revolutionized the fighting genre, from Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, and Guile to Sagat, Evil Ryu, Vega, Balrog and even M. Bison! The locations, missions, and even the tempo of the game capture the feel and look of the Street Fighter brand, so if you’re a fan of the franchise you’ll need to check this table out.

Right now we have a tentative release date scheduled for sometime in August 2009, so stay tuned to this blog, or check out the official ZEN Pinball site for more details.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...fighter-table/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    Nikademus1969

Has anyone gotten the PC version of this game yet? I was wondering if there are any major differences between the PC and console versions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Here's a major difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBRDQ...om=PL&index=30

Gotta love those PC mods.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Currently at work, but I'm only guessing that's a random character who controls as Blanka. I've seen a Crimson Viper as Blanka.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 08-08-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    Gotta love those PC mods.
    heh, not as good as the nude cammy mod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    heh, not as good as the nude cammy mod
    lol. I've seen em all; and that one is just o_O

Decapre Cammy is the best.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

just bought it again thanks to the 20 dollar eb sale and picked up another stick as well. Second time owning this. I suck at it. I suck as bad as the live action movie. I suck playing alone and I suck online. Anyone want to buy the game and stick of me? 100 shipped to your door.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Which stick do you have?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This games drives me crazy. I'm still only winning a little over 50% on championship, and I play constantly (200+ hours logged )....it's the only game I play. I'm addicted, and I suck, and it sucks. I want to stop playing this game, but cannot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I rarely play it now. If I played more often I would eventually get myself up to pro status. I think I'm more or less semi-pro status. I still win about 80%+ of my matches. If I didn't play so aggressive I'd probably win them all, but I can't help but get bored of playing the waiting game on alot of people being too defensive so end up going in and attacking. That's my biggest flaw.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 08-11-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

So I went back to this game yesterday to play some Championship mode after 2 weeks of BlazBlue. Won two G1 Championships without any losing in between, even got trash talked by a 59000 GP Sagat. I see nothing has changed ^_^

I'll probably do the same in about 3 or 4 days. I'm not even that good at BlazBlue, but I'm having a ton of fun with it.