Thread: The Street Fighter IV thread

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I play Sagat and Sakura mostly. I try not to turtle, but if the other player is not offering a huge amount of offence, then it does change the way you approach the matchup. Fireballs, pokes, watching for them to make a mistake. Very little in combo opportunities. Not surprisingly this happens more when they are playing a charge character because a lot of them haven't learned how to attack and charge at the same time, unlike some of us old school SF2 players who knew Guile's 4 move redizzy combo for example and can apply the same principles here. So they sit with a charge and you can't go too close to them without getting a flash kick, headbutt or spinning roll coming your way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only mail I ever got in SF4 was when I beat an Akuma with Zangief, and the guy said "Damn Zangief is a beast now".
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Zangief is nothing compared to his SFA3 version. It seems you have more HP in SFA3 but Zangief takes as much damage with grabs as he does on SF4. I actually don't think a Zangief has beaten me other than that one while I was working my way down to 0bp.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by duo_r View Post
    I don't get mad about throws, but really if you are doing it 7 or 8 time a match that is just retarded. Where is the skill in that? I don't get mad, I get combo even!
    Where's the skill in not being able to counter consecutive throws in a game?

It balances out. If you suck, then I'll make you look stupid. If I can tell you're good, then of course I'm not going to try and throw you 1000 times.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can't help it...

Aggro-Cat has failed to set-up a cross with poor spacing. Def-Cat is about to unleash hell.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Insert Coin (Level 0) boogiecat's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    boogiemeow

Quote Originally Posted by Famidrive-16 View Post
    The only mail I ever got in SF4 was when I beat an Akuma with Zangief, and the guy said "Damn Zangief is a beast now".
    Hahhaha that's funny...
    .................................................. ......................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

So Dream Theater owned me pretty bad. This was probably my worst night in recent history. I went from 6500 BP to 6200, then decided to cool down and face Dream Theater. He beat me about 9 times. I was way too aggressive, and Cammy not having an overhead move hurt me pretty bad. I gotta adjust. No excuses, you were the better man tonight. But I'll definitely be willing to face you again.

Anyway, I decided to play more games, but just kept losing. I'm at 5900 BP now. It just got ugly.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    So Dream Theater owned me pretty bad. This was probably my worst night in recent history. I went from 6500 BP to 6200, then decided to cool down and face Dream Theater. He beat me about 9 times. I was way too aggressive, and Cammy not having an overhead move hurt me pretty bad. I gotta adjust. No excuses, you were the better man tonight. But I'll definitely be willing to face you again.

Anyway, I decided to play more games, but just kept losing. I'm at 5900 BP now. It just got ugly.
    He beat the ever-loving shit out of me in HD Remix a few months ago, so don't feel too bad.

I know you played Cammy: who are you playing, DreamTR?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GnawRadar

Isnt' Cammy's focus attack an overhead?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone know... are there any plans to change the VS system so that it will allow spectators? That way you can watch others or could play loser out. That would be a decent DLC offering.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nirvana: You are actually a very good player, but you don't have any spacing, that's the problem. It's not that you are being too aggressive, you're just relying on too many special moves to do the job =P

GBoobie: I always try and use everyone in fighting games at least a little bit, but my main character is Bison. I think I played 6 different characters on Nirvana last night and he used Vega once and Cammy the rest of the time...

Nirvana's definitely got some great potential if he learns some spacing, that's really the only problem....everything else is pretty proficient. Better mixups than a lot of people....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

After getting to 0BP, I decided I actually wanted to play again. So worked my way up to 900 yesterday and 2600 today. Then the person I just fought. Had 7000+BP with me at 2600.

I won and guess how many points I got. 178. Wtf? That much more and I just get that?

I also fought a Sagat who actually didn't turtle. He only had 2900 points but he was the best player I've faced. He kicked my ass. So now I have a question as well. How do you cancel an unblockable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    Nirvana: You are actually a very good player, but you don't have any spacing, that's the problem. It's not that you are being too aggressive, you're just relying on too many special moves to do the job =P

GBoobie: I always try and use everyone in fighting games at least a little bit, but my main character is Bison. I think I played 6 different characters on Nirvana last night and he used Vega once and Cammy the rest of the time...

Nirvana's definitely got some great potential if he learns some spacing, that's really the only problem....everything else is pretty proficient. Better mixups than a lot of people....
    Yeah. I have a lot of bad habits. Like, if someone jumps over my spiral arrow, I immediately do another one. Or if they block my spiral arrow, I go right into a cannon spike.

I didn't pick anybody else for a couple reasons. One thing is that I really need to be able beat a great player as Cammy, since she is my main. Also, I picked Vega because I have fun using him, despite not being great with him. I also enjoy using Guile.

I headed into training mode today to practice my combos and re-check the range on all of my pokes. Also, I am in the process of mastering the TK Cannon Strike.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I wish Ryu's ultimate was without a cutscene.

The only way I can get off hitting someone with it is to hit them with a single fireball first close range(or super.) Or if I do an unblockable on them and then use it.

I was just winning against another person and he quit the game with half health on the second round. I messed him "quitting bitch." He replied. "why would I quit, I was smokin you." That's bullshit. Asshole had one loss and less health than I had. It'd have been different if he was lagging badly, but it was a perfect connection(from what I could tell.)

*edit*

I also now have 3026 points. I've found out how to beat alot of characters who turtle much easier than before. With Sagat stay ducked and move forward after a high, or move backwards a little and jump when he does a low so you stay out of range. I also like to move forward a little more in range and then jump backwards with an HK where atleast 50% of the time they'll jump forward with a forward MK/HK/HP but I'll get them with the hit(but that's only if I see them jumping towards me alot while turtling.) I think M. Bison is the easiest to beat because most of the players love the down/up hk and I'm almost always waiting for that, jumping backwards then throw an HK, so if they change it up with a down/up k then pp, I'll be safe regardless.

I still hate turtles, but probably more before because I've never played people turtling all the time. Guess I just had to get used to it. If I wasn't bitching like a little girl I'd most likely have 3500-4000 points or higher right now. Because I ended up lowing my BP to 0 and then decided I wanted to come back to the game. My win percentage is in my main screen is also terrible since I lost all those times on purpose. I think it brought me down to 60% by the time I finally got to 0BP. No idea what it is now.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-19-2009 at 06:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

You can cancel a focus attack by just dashing. As for Ryu's ultra, I usually land it by hitting someone with an Anti air jab shoryuken, and then doing the ultra as they're coming down. Works like a charm.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Ryu's Ultra is pretty amazing. I see a lot of people online do something like LP Shoryuken -> Ultra. Pretty easy to do and really damn effective.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Yeah. I have a lot of bad habits. Like, if someone jumps over my spiral arrow, I immediately do another one. Or if they block my spiral arrow, I go right into a cannon spike.

I didn't pick anybody else for a couple reasons. One thing is that I really need to be able beat a great player as Cammy, since she is my main. Also, I picked Vega because I have fun using him, despite not being great with him. I also enjoy using Guile.

I headed into training mode today to practice my combos and re-check the range on all of my pokes. Also, I am in the process of mastering the TK Cannon Strike.
    Vega is rad. He's sort of nerfed in SF IV, but he's a lot of fun to use anyway. The backflip into scarlett terror or lp roll REALLY makes people online crazy.

I picked up SF IV for 360 to play Sotenga and a couple of the other HG 101 peeps. Add me, Nirvana: I'm up for getting stomped by friendly internet locals.

EDIT: Sending a friend request your way too, Dream TR. Either I deleted you(accident!), or vice versa.

Insert Coin (Level 0) boogiecat's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    boogiemeow

F@ck my friend already beaten me on this game 20 times!!!Oh man!!!
    .................................................. ......................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    Vega is rad. He's sort of nerfed in SF IV, but he's a lot of fun to use anyway. The backflip into scarlett terror or lp roll REALLY makes people online crazy.

I picked up SF IV for 360 to play Sotenga and a couple of the other HG 101 peeps. Add me, Nirvana: I'm up for getting stomped by friendly internet locals.

EDIT: Sending a friend request your way too, Dream TR. Either I deleted you(accident!), or vice versa.
    K, I'll add you when I get home from work.

I've been running into a lot of disconnecters lately, it's really been pissing me off. Take the loss like a man, you know?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

K, I'll add you when I get home from work.

I've been running into a lot of disconnecters lately, it's really been pissing me off. Take the loss like a man, you know?
    Me too. I've had atleast 10 altogether today. Which I message promptly. "Fuck you fucking quitting faggot."

These are people that are "More Skilled" as well. So I'm losing quite a few points.

*edit*

What the fuck? Two assholes disconnected in a row. I'm starting to take pictures of all those that quit in the middle of the match. I'm going to send them to Capcom. I would be at 4000 if not for this fucking bullshit. But no. Almost get a win and these piece of shit mother fuckers quit the game. Last match and I ended up getting the guy stunned. As soon as I got that ducking uppercut and going to the high Shoryuken showed the disconnection message.

I hope all these pictures I'm taking actually do something. I'd like to see less of this bullshit and those who disconnect get their names removed from the rankings and banned.

WHAT THE MOTHER FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT GOD DAMN FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!! ANOTHER FUCKING BITCH! THIRD FUCKING PERSON IN A ROW.

I know how these piece of shit mother fuckers get there high ranking, they do nothing but disconnect from matches because they get on their knees and suck fucking dick at the game and are no fucking good against real players. Not only do these fucking pussy bitches turtle all the time, now I'm starting to catch every fucking piece of shit asshole in the world that wants to disconnect.

Not that I'm a good player. But I don't disconnect.

*edit a third time*

Street Fighter 4 is a piece of shit. Because of all the damn disconnectors I got today and the people who beat me, I dropped under 3000. Capcom should have made some bullshit for people to get penalized for disconnecting, that way they don't fucking do it. This is horseshit. I got more than 10 fucking people disconnect against me today. It takes long enough to get in a fucking ranked match to begin with(upwards of five minutes.) That's five minutes wasted you have to sit there or atleast in the same room in case you get in a ranked match.

*edit

And another fucker. I'm still taking these pictures. Cussing these pieces of shit assholes out on there PSN mail as well. Telling them hope they like being banned and that hope cheating was worth it.

I only got two disconnections done on me before today. This is pissing me off more than the fucking turtles.

Two more. Both Akuma players. One guy messaged back after I said I took the pic saying it was connection problem. Game running full speed. He had one loss to my none, and then it disconnected with him having enough health to get killed by a Hadoken WHILE BLOCKING. Connection problem my ass.

Atleast I didn't lose to anyone else so far. Ranking is 3200BP again.

*edit*

Played a little bit more and overall got four more disconnects. Back down to 2900BP. You know. Fuck this bullshit. You get the game to have a good experience and then I work around the fucking turtles and go. Okay, I won't be bothered by this bullshit, when infact 99% of the piece of shit mother fuckers still do turtle. But I don't mind, it's okay that they're pussy ass faggot bitches who can't do anything but pick Sagat and his extreme bullshit range that even when you do counter turtle against him he's still a hard fucking piece of shit when one fucking wrong move takes just as much damage with him doing a single fucking attack than you can do in a fucking combo, not to mention an attempted grab or unblockable gets you a tiger uppercut to the face, which hurts so much more when it's powered up one. I think this is the only character people have used whos beaten me all day today except for a very good Ryu and a bitch Akuma. Then the bitches who you do win against who use Sagat end up not only being pussy ass mother fucking turtles, but then disconnect when you actually fuck them up like the stupid ass mother fuckers they are. What's worse is I bet all those people who beat me would have disconnected if they were about to lose as well, especially seeing as most of those piece of shit assholes used Sagat and turtled like fucking bitches.

I doubt Crapcom is going to do shit even if I mail them. Street Fighter 4 is a terribly made piece of shit video game. End of story. Soul Calibur 4 gives a penalty for disconnects, but nooo, not SF4. Maybe I should disconnect every time I almost lose. You know. If Capcom doesn't do anything, then I'm going to do that. Every time I lose one round, I'm disconnecting. If 99% of the pussy ass bitches on here are going to, I'm going to as well. There is no penalty, so who the fuck cares. I'll cheat like those assholes on there. Street Fighter 4 is a piece of shit.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-21-2009 at 09:22 PM.