Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is the Nintendo DSI?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Remember the DS Lite though? It came out only a year and a half after the original DS.

Maybe Nintendo will use the exact same excuse they used when releasing the DS Lite. "The technology wasn't there(or something worded similar.") Bullshit. It'd be nice if Nintendo just said the truth sometime, like, "We just want more money." We already know that's the truth, but why can't Nintendo use that as a reason rather than making some generic lie that we know holds absolutely no truth behind it.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Remember the DS Lite though? It came out only a year and a half after the original DS.

Maybe Nintendo will use the exact same excuse they used when releasing the DS Lite. "The technology wasn't there(or something worded similar.") Bullshit. It'd be nice if Nintendo just said the truth sometime, like, "We just want more money." We already know that's the truth, but why can't Nintendo use that as a reason rather than making some generic lie that we know holds absolutely no truth behind it.
    The rumor is that it has larger screens because it's a special elderly release. Also it may only be sold in Japan and may have larger buttons (Ever seen those elderly phones?).

Seems like a good sign, people have wanted Nintendo to use larger screens. Also having a more media focused handheld can bring about some of the casual things they are after (E-Books were mentioned).
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My impressions:

-Camera is useless for anyone who would visit these forums. Very young kids and ultra-casuals could get some use out of it.
    -Lack of GBA slot is not a big deal. This thing is just as heavy and uncomfortable as the Lite when it comes to using the d-pad.
    -Bigger screens are nice, but they have the same yellowish tinge on the bottom screen as the current production of Lites.

I had the DSi for a week at release, then returned it. It is totally not worth the upgrade price and never will be. If you already have a DS (regular or lite), I wouldn't touch this thing, and I am the type who always has to have the latest revision of everything. If you are in the market for a new Lite, then it is still a questionable purchase, but at least viable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here's the new DSi. Like was rumored, this is almost surely for the elderly.

"Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's called DSi LL and supposed to be for people who like to browse the web a lot.
    Wii: 8285 8147 1575 6278

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay, now we have 4 versions of the DS. Isn't this getting a little too excessive? Are they just trying to match how many PSP versions exist?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finally... I cannot wait till this revision comes out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Damn Nintendo. Stop redoing the same handheld. The DSi has been out for how long and they are already making another new model... ugh.
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Interesting. I've never owned any Nintendo DS. Part of the reason I haven't, is that the whole idea of 2 screens just doesn't appeal to me at all, but another big reason is the fact that the D-pad and buttons are so tiny. I don't have the hands of a 7 year old boy, and don't know how they expect me to control the game with such a miniature d-pad. Maybe this new version will have a larger D-pad and buttons. I'm more excited about that possibility than the larger screens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

kupomogli hates it, but muscelli likes it. I must resolve the contradictory advice I am receiving. I must.....

*head asplodes*
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Glad I didn't buy a DSi yet if that big ass DS is coming out. That kicks ass Would that make each screens area size the biggest in a handheld ever? I mean not even combined, seperately.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Interesting. I've never owned any Nintendo DS. Part of the reason I haven't, is that the whole idea of 2 screens just doesn't appeal to me at all, but another big reason is the fact that the D-pad and buttons are so tiny. I don't have the hands of a 7 year old boy, and don't know how they expect me to control the game with such a miniature d-pad. Maybe this new version will have a larger D-pad and buttons. I'm more excited about that possibility than the larger screens.
    It doesn't... you can tell. In fact, the dpad appears to be the same size as the DS Lite's dpad. Same with the other buttons.

I really wish they'd have just skipped the DS Lite and DSi and come out with the DSi XL as the alternate model. DS Lite is an extremely poor system, and DSi is pointless when they could've just waited to bring out DSi XL instead.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Is the DSi XL coming to the US or are people just waiting to import it? If that's the case, then I'm assuming it can only use the Japan DSiware.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Take a look at some news sites. It's coming early next year.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click