Thread: Miami Law DS

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Miami Law DS

I almost picked it up last week but with no reviews on gamefaqs.com for it I wonder if it's any good?
    My rotating want list http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101550

Your television doesn't care how angry you are with it. Turn it off and find something better to do with your time.-Beserker

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Vic Ireland. We've missed you. Some of us atleast. Now that Miami Law is out of the way, get out there and start localizing games as good as Arc the Lad 2, Alundra, Vanguard Bandits, and Dragon Force.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Vic Ireland. We've missed you. Some of us atleast. Now that Miami Law is out of the way, get out there and start localizing games as good as Arc the Lad 2, Alundra, Vanguard Bandits, and Dragon Force.
    WTF are you talking about?

Oh and I'm no help either. Bought the game because I saw Drexel talking about it on one of his update youtube videos, but haven't taken it outta the wrap yet. Probably sub par at best.
    Last edited by Eternal Tune; 09-27-2009 at 09:26 AM.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Tune View Post
    WTF are you talking about?

Oh and I'm no help either. Bought the game because I saw Drexel talking about it on one of his update youtube videos, but haven't taken it outta the wrap yet. Probably sub par at best.
    After the fall of Working Designs (rest in peace), the head man, Victor Ireland, started up another company called Gaijinworks. Miami Law is said to be the first game developed for the company but what bothers me is I looked at the cover in Gamestop, I didn't see any mention of Gaijinworks or Victor Ireland. Did they have a falling out or something?

Anyway, if old Vic wants to get back in the ring in a big way, I'd say translate and publish Earthbound and other great imports many waited for so long on VC, XBLA, and PSN.
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Anyway, if old Vic wants to get back in the ring in a big way, I'd say translate and publish Earthbound and other great imports many waited for so long on VC, XBLA, and PSN.
    Earthbound? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Nintendo would never let anyone touch that game. Especially Victor Ireland. He could make a killing if he tried rebooting a niche Japanese game localization company, especially now that you can sell PS2 games for $10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Earthbound? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Nintendo would never let anyone touch that game. Especially Victor Ireland. He could make a killing if he tried rebooting a niche Japanese game localization company, especially now that you can sell PS2 games for $10.
    Well, not Earthbound per say. More like Mother 1 & 3. If not that, there's plenty of old-school, Japanese goodies gamers over here are dying for a English release. The modern-niche market is too crowded with Atlus, NiS, and the like at the moment and the retro niche market is left nearly untapped.
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

For anyone who lives near a Fry's, the game is on clearance for about $8 right now. I picked it up last week and I would say it's interesting for about 2-3 hours. It's designed as a visual novel which means a lot of clicking and reading as opposed to hardcore gameplay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TurboArkhan

I have been on the ropes about grabbing this game. I like visual novels, and I like victor ireland, so it could be good.

anyone put enough time into it to get a review yet?

Vic needs to setup a company like WD and only this time get the games out faster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He did, and it's called Gajinworks as mentioned earlier. Miami Law was their first job, although Hudson was footing the bill since they developed it and have a U.S. publishing branch. Gajinworks was hired on exclusively to handle the localization.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Well, not Earthbound per say. More like Mother 1 & 3. If not that, there's plenty of old-school, Japanese goodies gamers over here are dying for a English release. The modern-niche market is too crowded with Atlus, NiS, and the like at the moment and the retro niche market is left nearly untapped.
    Just so you know, Mother 1 and 3 both have fan translations.

Mother 3 was especially a pain-staking process that required oodles of programming by the best fan translation team probably ever assembled.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For anyone who lives near a Fry's, the game is on clearance for about $8 right now. I picked it up last week and I would say it's interesting for about 2-3 hours. It's designed as a visual novel which means a lot of clicking and reading as opposed to hardcore gameplay.
    Anyone near a Fry's willing to help me snap it up at that price?
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    Anyone near a Fry's willing to help me snap it up at that price?
    You'd have to pay the "Fry's tax." You know, an extra fee for digging through their mess, being herded around like cattle in line, actually paying for the game, then escaping the body cavity search area. "You wan Fry card today?"

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Played this a bit. It's pretty nice, actually. Japanese trailer shows off some of the features a bit better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcZTqK7WmHA

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    You'd have to pay the "Fry's tax." You know, an extra fee for digging through their mess, being herded around like cattle in line, actually paying for the game, then escaping the body cavity search area. "You wan Fry card today?"
    Uh huh, nailed it. They do have great selection and sometimes great prices, but you do pay in kind through their customers are ++ungood policy. I have a huge Fry's about 20min away and I can only bring myself to go 3-4 times a year.

What the world needs now is a re-release of Mother with Obama jokes... Get crackin' Vic.
    Last edited by Icarus Moonsight; 09-28-2009 at 11:35 PM.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives