Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So who picked up the psp Go today? Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default So who picked up the psp Go today? Thoughts?

I for one picked the system up this morning rite before school. I have to say that I am kinda disappointed. The whole feel of the system is pretty comfortable but the buttons just don't cut it. The buttons are like the original Nintendo ds buttons. The screen also looks very similar to that of the 3000. I am having fun playing the rock band game that came with it though. So yeah I was just wondering what everyone else thinks of it if you bought it or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wait, it came with Rock Band? I thought there were no bundles with it?

I got to try out our Sony Rep's model, and aside from fixing the analog stick finally, everything else was just meh. I can safely pass on it.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    Wait, it came with Rock Band? I thought there were no bundles with it?

I got to try out our Sony Rep's model, and aside from fixing the analog stick finally, everything else was just meh. I can safely pass on it.
    The Rock Band that comes with it is a lite version (though not a demo) that contains a few songs and the ability to buy more from the store if I'm not mistaken. Not a terrible idea IMO.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sadly i have interest but

1 there is no way in hell i am paying $50 less then a ps3 for it
    2 i will wait till they hack it anyway so i can put my own games on it.

the thing that interest me is the size i want something that fits in my pocket better then the og psp and has better graphics then a ds.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sony are never going to learn that a a GAMES CONSOLE needs GAMES for it to be really successful. Forget the PSP many other features i want great games this is why the DS is stomping it into the ground with its mix of hardcore gaming and more leisure games.

I may well pick up a first generation cheap PSP someday but no way am i paying through the nose for the Go.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damiean Dark View Post
    Sony are never going to learn that a a GAMES CONSOLE needs GAMES for it to be really successful. Forget the PSP many other features i want great games this is why the DS is stomping it into the ground with its mix of hardcore gaming and more leisure games.

I may well pick up a first generation cheap PSP someday but no way am i paying through the nose for the Go.
    They've got alot of good games downloadable for the Go as of right now, quite a few good ones per genre to cater to everyones needs. Mainly for people who don't own a PSP right now I'd say. On UMD they obviously have alot more. Just this week a ton of games have been added to the PSN though, so who knows how many games will be added next weeK?

Also, while the PSP(regular/umd format) doesn't have the amount of games the DS has, the amount of games it has that are actually good surpasses the DS.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Sony needs to change their sales slogan for PSP/PS3 to

Playstation : You can't please all of the people, all of the time.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    They've got alot of good games downloadable for the Go as of right now, quite a few good ones per genre to cater to everyones needs. Mainly for people who don't own a PSP right now I'd say. On UMD they obviously have alot more. Just this week a ton of games have been added to the PSN though, so who knows how many games will be added next weeK?

Also, while the PSP(regular/umd format) doesn't have the amount of games the DS has, the amount of games it has that are actually good surpasses the DS.
    Thanks for your valueless opinion, Sony fanboy.

$250 for a portable? Hello Turboexpress. Actually, it's like the Turboexpress. A portable version of something out, but for more and you get less. I expect the same result.

I hope they rebrand it as the PSP LOL.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You forget we're in a recession. Price will be the biggest thing holding sales back for the Go as people are trying to make every buck count. Anyone could easily get a regular PSP with 5-10 good games for the same amount as the handheld itself.

Warning! Warning! This thread is entering fanboy country, please leave all facts, logic, and reason at the border. Thank you!
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Damiean Dark View Post
    Sony are never going to learn that a a GAMES CONSOLE needs GAMES for it to be really successful.
    To be fair, this is an equally ridiculous, short-sided statement worthy of being branded "fan-boy drivel", and which obviously egged Kupo into his own polarized statement.

I'm still WICKEDLY amused by the near violent fervor that the Go has whipped the "hardcore" community into.

I'm fully expecting to see bricks hurled through store windows and some type of offensive burning effigy on the lawn of SCEA by the end of the week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So you have one Frankie?
    zomg I have a sig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Emuaust View Post
    So you have one Frankie?
    No, I'm fine with my 2000.

Why do you ask?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

You seem to be a pretty heavy defender, for one thing.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    You forget we're in a recession. Price will be the biggest thing holding sales back for the Go as people are trying to make every buck count. Anyone could easily get a regular PSP with 5-10 good games for the same amount as the handheld itself.
    I'm not saying people can't pick up an original PSP. I for one wouldn't ever pick up the Go and believe it's not going to do good either, but then again, I already own a PSP 1000 and two PSP 2000s(one I'm going to sell.) I don't purchase digital content so the Go wouldn't appeal to me.

I'm only mentioning what the Go has to offer. Regardless that the system is a ripoff, it still has good games on the PSN. This will obviously do no good for someone who has a PSP already and already has alot of games(especially alot that you can't get on the PSN,) but to newcomers who are interested in what it has to offer, price aside, atleast 10-20 PSP games on the PSN are good.

The buttons are like the original Nintendo ds buttons.
    This is a good thing. The original DS face buttons are better than the PSP buttons. The L and R buttons on the DS are just a bit akward to press repeatedly though(compared to the original GBA. Most comfortable handheld.)

As for the DS Lite. Don't remember anything about the buttons, but the control pad is awful. Good thing you didn't mention that system.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 10-01-2009 at 03:57 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW View Post
    You seem to be a pretty heavy defender, for one thing.
    Defender?

I've stated numerous times that I don't personally think that the device will be a success.

Don't mistake the fact that I'm not personally insulted by its production/existence and/or vehemently bemoaning it's market presence at every turn as PURE defense for the system or Sony's development decisions ... the Go is certainly a strange device, but I'm not met with any other gut reaction than acceptance when I look at it all on paper.

Honestly I could care less that it's being produced, like I said, I'm simply amused by the reaction it's causing.

Those who know me should know that I'm very even keel about any new tech/hardware from any company and that I don't buy into "predictions of doom" out of the gate.

5 years ago people were certain and I mean absolutely, positively certain that the PSP would not make it in the market at its original launch price, with its launch & 1st year lineup and on store shelves alongside the DS long-term.

Lots of people were wrong then, and they MIGHT be wrong now about the long term success of this (myself included since I'm gauging the market reaction in my estimation that it might not succeed)

Yeah, it doesn't feature a UMD drive - but the 3000 does, and the 3000 will continue to be produced along with UMDs. This isn't supplanting the current model PSP it's just another choice that consumers can make. It's OBVIOUSLY not the choice for everybody, and not one for media-loving collectors ... but it's a choice nonetheless, why fault more choices for ANY reason?

I'm game collector who digs physical media, but I'm also a futurist who likes ergonomics and convenience.

While I'm not embracing the Go for my personal collection at the moment, I see absolutely no problem with it, it's there, I think it's obviously an experiment and whatever it winds up doing at retail I completely fail to see the logic in all the Go-hate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Defender?

I've stated numerous times that I don't personally think that the device will be a success.

Don't mistake the fact that I'm not personally insulted by its production/existence and/or vehemently bemoaning it's market presence at every turn as PURE defense for the system or Sony's development decisions ... the Go is certainly a strange device, but I'm not met with any other gut reaction than acceptance when I look at it all on paper.

Honestly I could care less that it's being produced, like I said, I'm simply amused by the reaction it's causing.

Those who know me should know that I'm very even keel about any new tech/hardware from any company and that I don't buy into "predictions of doom" out of the gate.

5 years ago people were certain and I mean absolutely, positively certain that the PSP would not make it in the market at its original launch price, with its launch & 1st year lineup and on store shelves alongside the DS long-term.

Lots of people were wrong then, and they MIGHT be wrong now about the long term success of this (myself included since I'm gauging the market reaction in my estimation that it might not succeed)

Yeah, it doesn't feature a UMD drive - but the 3000 does, and the 3000 will continue to be produced along with UMDs. This isn't supplanting the current model PSP it's just another choice that consumers can make. It's OBVIOUSLY not the choice for everybody, and not one for media-loving collectors ... but it's a choice nonetheless, why fault more choices for ANY reason?

I'm game collector who digs physical media, but I'm also a futurist who likes ergonomics and convenience.

While I'm not embracing the Go for my personal collection at the moment, I see absolutely no problem with it, it's there, I think it's obviously an experiment and whatever it winds up doing at retail I completely fail to see the logic in all the Go-hate.
    Well Said!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow you are definitely kidding yourself if you think the psp has a larger amount of "good" games then the ds :P I'm not tryin to bash the psp or anything but ya... no way in hell....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
    wow you are definitely kidding yourself if you think the psp has a larger amount of "good" games then the ds :P I'm not tryin to bash the psp or anything but ya... no way in hell....
    There really is no such thing as a system in general having better games than the other. It all comes down to what style of gaming you like more. For example I cant stand ps2 games...(i know i know) I just dont like many of them. On the other hand I love xbox and xbox 360 games. Almost all of them I cant complain about. Bottom line it depends on what kind of games you like to play. Everyone is different.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Me too....so much....I don't know....hate? For a system hardly anyone has had their hands on yet? At least the Wii hatas already have one. Sheesh.

I'm probably getting one tonight, will call back if I do.

btw they released *100* psp games to the PlayStation store today for the "it doesn't have enough games" crowd. Give me a break.