Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: June 2010 Finds

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I stopped by a sale, whose most notable item in the ad was "Precious Moments figures"

Ummmm.... well, I was stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a box with an Xbox 360 sticking out of it.

The Xbox had a $5 price sticker on it, obviously RROD. It's one of those early stripped-down models, with no onboard memory and only A/V out (no HDMI). It had a 64mb card attached.

Anyway, when I looked in the box I saw a more goodies, took it up to the checkout table and asked what they'd do for the whole box. It was $20 for the whole box, and I grabbed 2 360 games for a buck a piece. I got:

Slim PS2 with power and A/V (People at the sale told me all it needs is that "2 circle" style dongle for it's power, and it's working otherwise)
    Fat PS2 with power and a broken disc drive door (don't think it's working)
    Xbox 360 with power brick, A/V cables, and 64mb memory card. (RROD)

Not bad, considering a broken fat PS2 is worth $15 and a working slim is worth $30 (perhaps more) when I couple controllers with it. I may try to do a RROD fix on this Xbox. I still have that $3 Xbox that I put a RROD fix on, and all it needs is an outer shell.

They had a bunch of PS2 games and a few 360 games, but they were mostly Madden and NHL games. Ghost Recon and Over G Fighters were the 2 360 games I got for a $1 each. When I powered on the 360 NHL 07 was in it. And Madden 08 was in the slim PS2.

That's really it, it's been a really Texas Instruments-y week for me. Thursday I found a neat 80s TI calculator, yesterday I found a boxed Speak & Spell in good shape for $1, and today I found the "Holy triad" of Texas Instruments: A Speak & Read, Speak & Math, and Speak & Spell (earlier button version) in beat up shape for $0.25 a piece
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    Is that an ORIGINAL animation cell from the series? If so then you either got insanely lucky or the price of those things really dropped off in recent years. I would have thought something like that would have cost a ton more.
    Yes, it's original. As with most things (somewhat like video games actually) prices vary amazingly widely. I've gotten higher median value cels for less and I've paid over market for low value cels many times. I don't think the market has dropped off but I do think there's a much wider gap between the affordable and the insane these days. With the series' that I enjoy getting older that rift is only increasing in size. There are also fewer large scale collectors that used to inject the market on a regular basis with pieces they were selling. So you basically have really nice cels that come up in the sub $20.00 range from time to time, and then others that are priced in the $200.00+ range that people sit on for years. Gone really are the days of the market and lower level collectors deciding the value, at least for old anime cels. The stuff I passed up years ago for pocket change... There are still a few sources that keep things in the $30.00 - $100.00 range which is nice for people just starting out or those like myself that only buy a few cels here and there (Pac-Man and the bank breaking Mr. DNA not shown).

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Play-N-Trade, Buy2Get1 + 10% off

Sega 32X
    Blackthorne (Everything but game - already had game) - $11.25
    Kolibri (CIB) - $35.99

Sega CD
    The Animals (CIB) - $1.80
    Double Switch (CIB) - $2.69
    FIFA Soccer (CIB) - $0.89
    Heart of the Alien (CIB) - $35.99
    NBA Jam (CIB) - $0.89

Sega Saturn
    Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball (CIB) - Free
    Warcraft II (CIB...probably reseal) - Free

TI-99/4A
    Pole Position (Box + Cart) - $5

...TI-99 boxed cart?! Now I have something to play on my TI-99!
    Also, Kolibri(!) and Blackthorne packaging for my loose cart (that I picked up for $4)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Yard sale finds:

Trivial Pursuit SNL
    Trivial Pursuit 90's
    Wizard of Oz Trivia
    $3 total. All sealed. I figure if they're not worth much Bookman's will give me more than a dollar

The Best of Smackdown DVD set
    Duma Key - Stephen King paperback
    EA Active Wii in big box w/ everything
    $6 total. The Stephen King book is for me to read, I grabbed smackdown because I thought wrestling DVDs were worth something, looks like I can get about 6 bucks for it so not too bad.

http://www.amazon.com/Psychology-Con...6984124&sr=8-1 for a quarter. Not bad. I took schultzed on CAG's recommendation of buying text books.

PS2 w/ Network Adapter, cords and 3rd party controller - $20

a decent emerson stereo w/ speakers for $10

Domino PSP movie and one of those things that let's you plug in an ipod to a casette player - $1 total

Goodwill:
    MS Office Student & Teacher x2 (one in DVD case, one in big box) - $14.99 ea
    Windows XP Upgrade - $24.99
    PC Buzz Buzzers (Thought they were for PS3) - $5.99

Bookman's:
    Alice CIB in big ice wand box - $20
    Zone of the Enders 2 - $8

Also a shitload of packages from Hastings B2G1 glitch and some things from GS B2G1, will post my haul from that later when I go to all the stores.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Garage sales all over the place but I didn't have time to stop,just drive bys..

Flea Market.
    A rush through as I had a job to do today so we blew through it...I totally missed two isles.,

NES...$20.00..Trade..I bought a Dreamcast For $15 and the vendor asked if I'd trade him..OK..

NES Zappers 2 for $5.00

Pac Man $10.00

Playstation PsONE with Shrek Game $5.00..

XaviX PORT,plug.. with Bowling ball $5.00

Nerf Rifle $3.00
    Nerf Gun FREE
    Nerf ammo pack $1.00

Halo Vehicle $1.00

Plsyboy book $1.00

Star Wars Figures 3 for $5.00

Licence Plate CAG 392(Hemi) $1.00

Bike Part $2.00(for wifes bike)

FREE BIKE..Specialized....

More Picks Close ups and all the UNIQUE Stuff my Dad Bought.
    SLIDESHOW

My Dad also bought an awesome bonsai tree for $22.00

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yardsales 5-19-10

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I uh. Actually find their stuff pretty often. I only picked it up because it had a DVD. >_>
    I guess that shows how bad my area is (I'd at least like to find and replace my lost Pork Soda CD as far as Primus goes), I did find a Revolting Cocks CD at a yardsale a few years ago which surprised me and is probably the least expected to find CD that I've ever bought at a yardsale. I can't even find Sublime (selftitled) 3 times I've ran into it at yardsales only for the case to be empty

4x PSP Game Cases, 2x Xbox Duke Controllers & 15 Playstation Games - $10ish

First sale I went today and got to it right after 8 as it advertised some of the video game stuff & Garbage Pail Kids. I only say $10ish as I paid $10 for this stuff and a few other minor things not pictured most notably 90 some GPK from series 1 & 2. PSP cases you can probably see the IAP in the picture, Dukes were $3 for both and the PS1 games said $1 each or $5 for all. I set out the worthwhile games and the other 9 are sports games, probably should have just grabbed the good stuff for the same price or less but I always feel a little more like spending first time I see something worthwhile at a yardsale for fear of the rest of the day being little or nothing.

Mario Party 5
    Super Smash Bros Melee

(Both Complete) $7

I went to this sale pretty early as it advertised games, PS2 system for $35 and mostly bad Wii games for $5 each. $5 each took $7 for both.

7 Playstation Games - .25 each

No story here except that they had PS1 games marked cheap at .25

4x N64 Controllers - $1

Unadvertised sale, I only pictured 2 of the 1st party controllers the other 2 were generic 3rd party goodness. No price took my offer of a buck.

Resident Evil Director's Cut (Complete, GH) - $1

Had a boxed PS1 with about 6 games for $10. Asked about this $2 and took a buck.

N64 With Hookups - $1

Found this at a street sale in a box of stuff with no price took my offer of a buck.

10 Atari Computer Games, Dig Dug (7800), Sam & Max (Disc Only), 2x The Punisher Guns (PS1, Saturn) & Misc Nintendo Stuff - $5

This was at a church sale that also had some people set up on the lawn like a flea market. The one lady selling had this stuff and I ended up taking everything I got for $5.

Intellivision With 5 Games With Some Misc Manuals, Overlays In A Boxed Video Game Storage Center - $5

Asked about games at a sale and this was brought out, offered $5 which was taken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scrimble
    PSN
    Scrimble

Picked up a box of stuff on Craigslist for $50

Xbox w/ 3 controllers, power cable
    Sega Saturn with 4 controllers, cables
    SNES mini with controller, cables and 8 games (SMW, DKC, Super Punch Out)
    N64 with controller, exp pak, cables and 1 game
    Genesis with controller, cables and 6 games

There are 4 PS1s with 4 controllers, cables and an Xbox Thrustmaster wheel and pedals in the box which I forgot to put in the picture. The SNES, N64 and Genesis were thrown in for free because they were "broken" but after I cleaned the carts they work perfectly. There also a few extras in there like a few PS1 games, an NES controller, Metroid for NES, Sega RF cables and some sort of famiclone controllers and carts.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Craigslist Find 6-19-10

Phantasy Star 0
    Mario & Luigi: Bower's Inside Story
    Yoshi's Island DS

(DS And All Complete) $33

Craigslist around here isn't that great but a few times a year I'll find something of interest to me from somebody that is actually serious (and reasonable) about making a sale. In order listed was asking 15,20,5 and I shot an e-mail offering $35 for the three. Meet up and everything was good but the guy didn't have a $5 for change from $40 and I could only do $33 without getting change back with the bills I had.

Small world as this actually ended up being the same guy I bought about 50 Genesis games from last year at his yardsale. This was last September IIRC but they actually did the street sale today which I passed on since I was at it last year and BSing with the guy he wasen't selling anything today and it sounded like he wasen't in this year as they didn't have much around the house to sell.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

snagged halo 3 finally from the weekend sale at gamestop 14.99

also snagged kung fu panda for the 360
    maximo for the ps2 and gradius III and IV, in the buy 2 get one free sale

got a 25 card in the mail for doing surveys, so total outlay was 4 bucks or so for everything.
    You did what? With who? For how many cookies?
    Always looking for promotional materials and classic gaming commercials in print and video form
    my feedback-http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48618

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Last week pickup

O story PS2 - $6
    Scandal PS2 - $6
    WWE PS3 - $15
    PSP Hannah Montana Bundle - $99.96
    Defenders of Oasis GG - Free

This week pickup

Crackdown - $4
    Project Snowblind - $0.25
    Prey - $10
    SOCOM Guide - $0.01
    Mario Kart DS - $10
    Super Mario DS - $10
    Magician Quest - $9.98
    Legendary Starfy - $15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gaming History Action 52

Vikings rule!
    Last edited by Mayhem; 06-20-2010 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Spam post

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had some good Gamestop Finds with the buy 2 get 1:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Collector's Edition PS3 with Special DVD still Factory Sealed
    CMT Country Karaoke complete
    Xenosaga black label complete
    Xenosaga II black label complete
    Ephemeral Fantasia complete
    Alien HOminid complete
    Klonoa 2 complete
    Skygunner complete
    Lost Kingdoms GC complete
    Lost Kingdoms II GC complete
    Batallion wars complete
    Tetris Worlds GC complete
    Star Fox Assault GC complete
    Bomberman Jetters GC complete

all 14 games $70 total

Insert Coin (Level 0) Fatalstar64's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Fatalstar64

I got myself Bust-a-Move CIB and Kirby's Dreamland 3. There was also a garage sale that had NES SNES and N64 games for $2 each, unfortunately for me some guy just bought everything at the start.

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Funny find...
    Going through my cartridges, I found my Joshua: The Battle of Jericho NES cartridge. I was looking at it and saw some kid had written something in pencil on the cartridge. It reads...

** Fuck uu Joshue **

Epic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

Finally Decided to stop being lazy and post pics of my finds from this weekend for the first time this summer. This was a really good weekend for me, kind of unexpected. Plus I actually had some gaming related finds.

The 360 games were 25 total.
    The jedi knight disc 1 and 2 were $1 total,both are mint
    The snes games were .50 each, the highlights being final fantasy III and secret of mana
    Metal gear solid was $3

The michelob sign I bought together with a art x-15 ultrafoot guitar accessory and the sgx t2 guitar amp thing, I paid $50 for the sign and guitar stuff, also got a boss ds-2 distortion pedal for 5. The guitar stuff is worth about $150 to $175. The sign I might keep or sell, Im not sure.

The ps1 games were $1 each
    Stubbs for xbox was asking $5, I got it for $3.
    The tamagotchi was .25, its the gold colored one, I bought this thanks to the other one I saw on dp a little while ago and thanks to my droid incredible with internet, haha.
    The ti 83 plus was $2
    the minidisc player was $5, yes those are actually minidiscs in what look like cassette cases

The gilmore girls were $5 total for all 7 seasons. The rest of all the seasons I paid $85 for 19 sets. There is csi 1-5, ncis 1-3, that 70s show 1-3, family guy vol.1-4, weeds 1-4. A pretty good week I must say, The guitar stuff I got is really nice, Im pretty happy about that.
    Autobots. Roll out.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Awesome..michelob sign.

Last night I was cleaning a similar sign I have and broke it..I dunno,I touched the glass and poof it went..

I should of left it dirty..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My finds were so dismal today I decided not to post a pic for the first time in years. All I got at my local flea market was Little League Baseball (NES) with a dust sleeve for $2. That's it.

This place used to be a goldmine for me but now it's just the same common sun baked NES carts I've been sifting through for the past 5 years and a whole lot of overpriced PS2/Xbox/current gen junk vendors.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Flea Market 6-20-10

Baby Pac-Man Marquee - $2 (IAP)

Super Bust-A-Move (PS2, Complete) - $2.50

Super Bust-A-Move was marked $4 and I also had a CD that was marked .50. I offered $3 for both which was taken so I'm figuring the discount into the PS2 game.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to Gamestop today. Bought these GameCube titles:

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
    Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
    Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
    1080 Avalanche
    Bomberman Jetters
    F-Zero GX (Had to re-buy this, as my old copy stopped working)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwill Hunter View Post
    Hit a craigslist rummage during lunch today that advertised a PS2 and “MANY video games”. Didn’t look like much when I pulled up, but as I walked over, I saw a PS2 slim system sitting on top of a small table. They wanted 50 bucks for it, so I really didn’t give it a second look. What caught my eye instead was the clear plastic tub under the table with stacks of PS2 games in it, and especially the game on top…

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - $4.00

That’s nice for a change, I thought as I bent down to go through the bin, the good game on top of all the sports titles. It was complete and in great shape, so I put it aside to start a keep pile next to the bin. Only thing was, the next title in the stack wasn’t a sports game either…it was Disgaea 2, then Grandia III, and Tales of the Abyss, plus Odin Sphere, and MANY, MANY more!

Almost everything in the bin was a quality RPG, complete and well-cared for, ranging from $1 to $5! A few were a bit more, but they came with guides, and there were also some quality Gamecube titles. I left behind a few common RPGs I already had in my collection, but pretty much just took up the entire bin and didn’t even try to haggle. Final damage was $121.00 for 32 games and 3 guides (but I did get him to throw in the bin for free ). I’m pretty sure that this is the most I have ever spent at a rummage sale on video games, but think I came out okay…

Baten Kaitos Origins (Gamecube)
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
    Escape From Monkey Island
    Final Fantasy X
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (Gamecube)
    Grandia III
    Kya Dark Lineage
    Magna Carta (Deluxe Boxed Edition)
    Makai Kingdom
    Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
    Odin Sphere
    Okami
    Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
    Primal
    Radiata Stories
    Resident Evil (Gamecube)
    Resident Evil Zero (Gamecube)
    Rogue Galaxy
    Shadow Hearts: From the New World
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
    Shining Force EXA (w/ guide)
    Shining Tears (w/guide)
    Tales of Legendia
    Tales of the Abyss
    Valyrie Profile 2
    Wild Arms 3
    Wild Arms 4
    Xenosaga II
    Xenosaga III
    Ys The Ark of Napishtim (w/guide)

WOW! Amazing find and the seller had great taste in games!
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI