Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    <snip>
    I was actually referring to The 1 2 P, but you've made your point. I apologize if it seemed like I was attacking you.

If it's becoming an issue though, we should work on a solution, should anything need to be changed. I don't agree with people not being able to post non-gaming finds in the finds thread. We should have some kind of syntax, like people have in the buy/sell/trade forums. For example, not being able to post images of nongaming finds, only hyperlinks to images of nongaming finds. Would it be an issue to have it go like this?

Games:

Games:

Music and movies:
    http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7520/p1290052.jpg

Electronics:
    http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/278/33693916.jpg

No clutter for people who don't want to see nongaming finds, and pictures for people who do.

A separate thread might also work.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I enjoy Kitsune Sniper's and other people's non-gaming finds personally and I hope that they don't stop posting them because of this mess.
    Last edited by pseudonym; 05-15-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

perhaps I was a bit rude there, I apologize

but seriously I get irittated when too many rules are attached to something fun like this, as one who does many types of finds, having to divide shit up is pointless, so if we went with the two threads people would have to take multiple pictures of stuff? and then there would be conflict (again with the 1-2 whiny people) over what counts and what doesn't....no does my mortal kombat soundtrack count? how about that ragnarok manga? or what....just no, it'll turn into people just not bothering anymore. and i'd really not like to see it end like that.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Speaking as a longtime lurker and sometime poster, I quite enjoy the finds thread. The way things are now, with posts not being restricted to just game finds, is excellent. Restricting the pictures to just game related finds and having hyperlinks for other finds is not something I would like to see as I sometimes just scroll past most posts until I find a post with pictures. I don't want to miss something interesting because someone was not allowed to post a picture of their find. Thanks