Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Screw it! Think I'm heading to Walmart to get a midnight 3DS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Default Screw it! Think I'm heading to Walmart to get a midnight 3DS!

Didn't preorder and now I'm thinking WTH might as well! Anyone else picking one up? I'll post my results - sold out, got one, not for sale, etc when I return...

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Pre-ordered months ago. Amazon will deliver it whenever they decide to in the next few days.

Amazon already gave me Rayman 3D. More will show up w/ the system. I'm in no rush and will be more than happy to wait a few days to not pay tax or shipping on any of the games or the system itself.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got mine Friday afternoon.

I've been impressed with the 3D, and the built in games are pretty fun. Now we just need some AAA titles to come out. Street Fighter will have to hold me over 'til then. Might pick up Pilotwings eventually, too.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Back with a report:

Super WalMart #1:
    - received only 16 units, 8 black, 8 blue total
    - only games available: Sims 3D, Ridge Racer 3D, Madden

Super WalMart #2:
    - received only 16 units, 8 black, 8 blue total
    - only games available: Sims 3D, Ridge Racer 3D, Madden, Lego SW III, Pilotwings, Ghost Recon, Rayman 3D

Super WalMart #3:
    - received only 24 units, 12 black, 12 blue total
    - games available: Sims 3D, Ridge Racer 3D, Madden, Lego SW III, Pilotwings, Ghost Recon, Rayman 3D, Street Fighter, Super Monkey Ball and Steel Diver

Picked up a blue system, Lego SW III, and STreet Fighter. Unfortunately I'm tired now, so I'm going to open it up to set it charging overnight and play it in the morning. G'nite everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad to hear you got one. I was torn whether to get a blue or black. My wife said I'd probably regret the blue, Sonia ended up getting the black. She's usually eight about stuff like that.

I pick mine up at noon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At my store we were only able to secure three, and I bought one of those myself, but we did manage to get a number of games. Madden, Lego Star Wars, all three variants of Nintendogs + Cats, Asphalt, Sims, Pilotwings, and SSFIV.

I'm about to leave to go open up the store. I'll report back tonight with how our launch goes. I'm hoping we at least sell them both today, but I don't know how many people in our area will be pumped up about this, or even know about it.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    JCinc421

I think I am going to hold off a bit on picking one up.
    I have got to play with one already and while it is really really cool...some of it's features I think are going to be forgotten quick, namely, the built in mini games etc.

Couple of my other points for holding off would be the game list as of now. Most of the titles I would be interested in don't come out til later in the year. Also kind of waiting to see if they do something special for the games coming out later...a Zelda or Mario 3ds would be fantastic!

My last thought (which is minor and doesn't affect my decision to buy too much) is the release of the 3DSi or 3DS XL...or whatever other iteration Nintendo will think to do. I remember being so excited for the original DS when it was first released. And to go back and play one now.....well, it's not quite what it used to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

This morning I hit the Toys R Us B1G1 1/2off sale to check out the rest of the 3DS lineup and expected lines, crowds, sold out product.... nothing. We were the only ones in the department, they had full stock on all of the games, no problems! I picked up Steel Diver and Ghost Recon on the sale and might go back later to pick up Ridge Racer later, but I'm not sure what else to get. I did see these other releases:

Bust A Move 3ds
    Dinosaur 3ds - a dinosaur battle game?
    Samurai Warriors
    Nintendogs, cats, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From what I see 3DS doesn't seem to be doing too hot here in Japan compared to the old DS when it was realeased. At first stores sold out but now few weeks later most stores around here have them in stock. Three students of mine have bought them but the odd thing is none of them have bought any 3DS games to go with their systems. I'm sure whenever the new Mario or Pokemon comes out things will change.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

Quote Originally Posted by incubus421 View Post
    I think I am going to hold off a bit on picking one up.
    I have got to play with one already and while it is really really cool...some of it's features I think are going to be forgotten quick, namely, the built in mini games etc.

Couple of my other points for holding off would be the game list as of now. Most of the titles I would be interested in don't come out til later in the year. Also kind of waiting to see if they do something special for the games coming out later...a Zelda or Mario 3ds would be fantastic!

My last thought (which is minor and doesn't affect my decision to buy too much) is the release of the 3DSi or 3DS XL...or whatever other iteration Nintendo will think to do. I remember being so excited for the original DS when it was first released. And to go back and play one now.....well, it's not quite what it used to be.
    This was my original thought as well but I'm not sure I can hold out that long. I didn't get into the DS until the Lite came out and I got my wife one for a trip we were taking. I was hooked after that, sure I like the Lite better compared to the Phat but product improvements are going to happen with everything nowadays. I don't think I want to wait two years + for a revised model.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Checked several Best Buy, Target and Walmarts in San Diego around noon and none were sold out. It did appear that the Cosmo Blue units were more plentiful than the black ones, however. Also, plenty of all the launch games everywhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

I went back by my TRU an hour ago and they are still loaded with games - systems are going pretty good though. Like most people here are saying, I think people are gettng the system now to avoid a possible rush when Zelda, Mario, or some other big hitting title come out. There are a few on my radar that I'm looking forward to, including the DreamTrigger 3D game, PacMan/Galaga Dimensions (?), Splinter Cell among others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DreamTrigger and Professor Layton are two of the big ones I'm waiting for

Just got mine today (black) as well. Haven't gotten any games cause...the launch library sucks!
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

our stores have plenty of 3DS. Selection of games by store is pretty hit or miss.

I ordered a nice clear case from amazon and a few screen protectors. I couldn't find anything decent/inexpensive local.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here in the UK the 3DS seems pretty much in stock everywhere, I haven't heard of any places selling out, though I am sure it has happened.

I think the lack of a major launch title has hurt. Just imagine if Pokemon Black and White had been a 3DS launch title instead.
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    Haven't gotten any games cause...the launch library sucks!
    This is the whole reason why I didn't want to get a 3DS at launch. It has one of the worst launch line ups of the last several years. There is nothing in there that even remotely interest me.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am totally blow away at how quiet this launch is. Considering all the hype the past year. I mean I have never seen a nintendo launch this quiet. You go to the store there are plenty of systems and games. No one is there buying.

I went to best buy at 330pm and they hadn't even put out pe evolution soccer or lego star wars They couldn't find them. Eventually they did but my point is I was the first one to ask and it was 330pm.

I sure hope they didn't price themselves out. Also I really believe gamestop will be going the way of blockbuster. They offer no deals nothing hardly competetive with new releases they still have the used market but others like kmart and amazon are beating that market with there deals.
    neo geo system

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zemmix View Post
    From what I see 3DS doesn't seem to be doing too hot here in Japan compared to the old DS when it was realeased. At first stores sold out but now few weeks later most stores around here have them in stock. Three students of mine have bought them but the odd thing is none of them have bought any 3DS games to go with their systems. I'm sure whenever the new Mario or Pokemon comes out things will change.
    Well, when you're a country who's been struck by the 5th biggest earthquake, devastated by a huge tsunami, risk experiencing a real nuclear fallout, scavenging for necessities, the danger of contaminated radiated products, and mending the physical, emotional, and psychological scarring of the aftershock for the next decade....the last thing on my mind would be video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swamperon View Post
    I think the lack of a major launch title has hurt. Just imagine if Pokemon Black and White had been a 3DS launch title instead.
    Nintendo is probably kicking themselves for this one. Not only that, but what were they thinking releasing Pokemon a few weeks before the 3DS?

According to the current Gamefaqs poll of the day. 52% don't want one at this time and 20% can't afford one. Obviously it doesn't account for everyone but it's basically a general interest for the 3DS.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-27-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Honestly, I can afford one in around two months or so, but I won't pick it up anytime soon. There are simply NO games that interest me...well, Street Fighter 4 does a bit, but I already have it! So why get it again?

I will wait. Hopefully Nintendo will release a 3DS XL version or similar later on. But at $250...and having no interest in the current games...I will wait.

I'm happy playing Theresia on my XL.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!