Just thought I'd add that I'll check out Super Mario RPG and Earthbound tomorrow when I get into my store.

As Frankie Says has already already most of your questions, I'll take care of the few he couldn't answer for ya.

Also want to add that the cartridge port is snug but not overly tight. It also has a locking mechanism on it to prevent cartridge slippage.

I have a funny feeling that they might be removing that locking feature when the retail release is made available. They seem to be looking for ways to cut cost on the final run of the unit, or at least that's the impression I got when I was filling out the questionairre and speaking to the representative.

You can be assured I told him that the screen quality and button quality is of the utmost concern! Hopefully the other 99 people who reviewed this thing along with me echoed that statement.

Anyways like I said, I'll check out Earthbound and I have 2 copies of Mario RPG that I can check out as well. If I remember tomorrow heh.

Intro
Classic Game Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
Any word on exactly when it was be available for sale? I want to buy from a seller who will accept returns in case of dead pixels, the bane of any handheld.

For those of you who already own the unit, several questions if you don't mind.

1. How is it's d-pad? intro9 mentioned the face buttons feel good, which is great to hear, but I'm concerned a stiff OR mushy d-pad will ruin the experience.

2. what is the physical measurement of the dpad? I want to know if it would be roughly possible to transplant a d-pad from an authentic SNES controller if needbe.

3. When you use the AV output, does the LCD screen turn off?

4. Has anyone tested the battery life? Hyperkin at E3 said to expect around 5 hours, but I'm wondering if anyone can confirm. The FC-16 GO has only around 2 hours tops so I have high hopes for the Supaboy.

5. Has anyone run into games that WON'T work on the Supaboy? I assume it lacks the region coding chip, making later revisions of Super Mario RPG not to work.

6. Along the same lines, does EarthBound treat it as a copy device and therefore enable its anti-piracy protection (making enemies far more numerous and therefore the gameplay much less enjoyable)

7. How tight/loose is the cartridge slot? Does it have a nice slot like the FC-16 Go/Retro Duo or "death grip" like the TriStar/Super 8?