Thread: Any CDI experts? Japanese Golgo 13 for CDI

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Any CDI experts? Japanese Golgo 13 for CDI

Golgo 13 looks new, in case with a couple inserts. Can't find any mention of previous sales. Any ideas about what it's worth?

The other game is Sesame street both are samples.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't help you out at all but if you want to sell then send me a PM.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

I own a CD-I... that might make me as close to a expert as they come... haha

but in all seriousness there's not a lot of CD-I experts, but i'm sure there is a forum out there just for the CD-I where all of these rare experts congregate... I'd try finding it...
    Hardware Collection

Nintendo: NES, SNES (Model 1 and 2), N64, GCN, Wii, Gameboy Classic, Gameboy Pocket (Model 1 and 2), Gameboy Color, GBA, SP (Model 1), DS, DS Lite, DSI
    Sega: SMS (Model 1), Genesis (Model 1, 1.5, 2, 3), 32X, Saturn (Model 2), Dreamcast, Nomad, Game Gear
    Atari: 2600 (Heavy Sixer, Sixer, Four Switch, Sunnyvalle, Vader, JR Short rainbow, JR, Sears Four, Sears Sixer), 5200 (4 Port), 7800 PRO
    MIS.: Magnavox CD-I, 3DO FZ-1, 3DO Goldstar, TG 16, Intellivision, Action Max, XBox, 360, PSX, PS3, PSP, Wonderswan B/W, Game Com, NEO GEO Pocket Color

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VertigoProcess View Post

but in all seriousness there's not a lot of CD-I experts, but i'm sure there is a forum out there just for the CD-I where all of these rare experts congregate... I'd try finding it...
    I know several people including myself have responded to him in private. I don't think there is a lack of knowledge about the Golgo game among CD-i collectors, it's just that for the few copies that are out there, everyone basically found it or bought it in the wild, so there aren't any good pricing precedents. I think it's the market value that he is really trying to determine right now. I know he mentioned having one offer for $300 from a collector which seemed high to me, but then again it is a very unusual piece which never really got a retail release (every known copy has sample printed on the disc) even in Japan which is the only market it ever got close to being released in. I am interested as a CD-i collector, but I don't think I have ever paid over $25 for any CD-i item including a couple unreleased games for which there are no known other copies in collector hands. I guess it's exciting as someone who has a pretty substantial CD-i collection that the value of CD-i stuff is finally increasing after many years of being basically worthless other than the Zelda games and Hotel Mario.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I know several people including myself have responded to him in private. I don't think there is a lack of knowledge about the Golgo game among CD-i collectors, it's just that for the few copies that are out there, everyone basically found it or bought it in the wild, so there aren't any good pricing precedents. I think it's the market value that he is really trying to determine right now. I know he mentioned having one offer for $300 from a collector which seemed high to me, but then again it is a very unusual piece which never really got a retail release (every known copy has sample printed on the disc) even in Japan which is the only market it ever got close to being released in. I am interested as a CD-i collector, but I don't think I have ever paid over $25 for any CD-i item including a couple unreleased games for which there are no known other copies in collector hands. I guess it's exciting as someone who has a pretty substantial CD-i collection that the value of CD-i stuff is finally increasing after many years of being basically worthless other than the Zelda games and Hotel Mario.
    my apologies, i just figured people would be willing to share their knowledge amongst others... i guess i was wrong
    Hardware Collection

Nintendo: NES, SNES (Model 1 and 2), N64, GCN, Wii, Gameboy Classic, Gameboy Pocket (Model 1 and 2), Gameboy Color, GBA, SP (Model 1), DS, DS Lite, DSI
    Sega: SMS (Model 1), Genesis (Model 1, 1.5, 2, 3), 32X, Saturn (Model 2), Dreamcast, Nomad, Game Gear
    Atari: 2600 (Heavy Sixer, Sixer, Four Switch, Sunnyvalle, Vader, JR Short rainbow, JR, Sears Four, Sears Sixer), 5200 (4 Port), 7800 PRO
    MIS.: Magnavox CD-I, 3DO FZ-1, 3DO Goldstar, TG 16, Intellivision, Action Max, XBox, 360, PSX, PS3, PSP, Wonderswan B/W, Game Com, NEO GEO Pocket Color

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

my apologies, i just figured people would be willing to share their knowledge amongst others... i guess i was wrong
    Nothing to apologize for. This is just one of those tricky areas where as someone who was somewhat interested in purchasing the item, I didn't want to post a price and then essentially offer that to buy the item thus undermining my credibility. I imagine the other people who contacted him felt the same way.

Like I told the OP privately, I don't honestly know what it's worth and I doubt anyone else does either as there hasn't been an open market sale of the game as far as I can tell. The CD-i collectors market is weird. It seems primarily Europe based and there are times when games and software beyond the usual suspects (i.e. the Nintendo licensed titles) go for crazy prices. There are other times when stuff that never shows up and is numerically rare goes for pennies. I don't know how you operate as a seller in that market other than maybe to just do a traditional Ebay auction and see what happens.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Oh, I can give you a value.

"..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have gotten many requests to buy this in private- things like "how much do you want for this silly CD-I game", I posted this over at the CD-I forums and got a couple offers in private.

Yesterday I ran another Google search to see if I could find anything more about this title and was linked back to my own picture.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks, I did find a couple sites, although as mentioned previously I only received private messages offering to buy it with no real info.
    Last edited by hamburglar; 02-13-2012 at 07:34 PM.