Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Wii games still be produced after the Wii U is released?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Even with the massive user base, I can't see the Wii chugging along like the PS2 did, which is basically saying the Wii won't have 3-4 more years of cheapie ports and cash-ins.

In actuality, the Wii's existence is what kept the PS2 viable in stores until now. Most of the games still trickling out for the PS2 were Wii ports (and a few PSP ports). The Wii doesn't have that advantage now.
    www.weekendroady.com - Weekend Roady!

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, I have to disagree with you guys. I believe there will be Wii games for at least a year and a half after Wii-U comes out. With an established base of over 90 million consoles, it's way too easy to make money selling Wii games.

Many gamers like us are going to stop playing the Wii, but in homes with young children the parents will still be buying Wii games for their kids for quite a long time. I imagine there will still be Wii systems being manufactured and sold for quite some time as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Pimpdaddy View Post
    Well, I have to disagree with you guys. I believe there will be Wii games for at least a year and a half after Wii-U comes out. With an established base of over 90 million consoles, it's way too easy to make money selling Wii games.

Many gamers like us are going to stop playing the Wii, but in homes with young children the parents will still be buying Wii games for their kids for quite a long time. I imagine there will still be Wii systems being manufactured and sold for quite some time as well.
    Point taken - I can really see it going both ways I guess. I'm really more curious to see how collectible the Wii is long term. Every Nintendo console up to the Wii/DS has it's avid "gotta have 'em all" collectors. I'd be shocked if that trend continues on with the Wii or DS...
    www.weekendroady.com - Weekend Roady!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After the Wii U comes out? Yes. Much longer after the Wii U comes out? No.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Quote Originally Posted by DOAsaturn View Post
    Point taken - I can really see it going both ways I guess. I'm really more curious to see how collectible the Wii is long term. Every Nintendo console up to the Wii/DS has it's avid "gotta have 'em all" collectors. I'd be shocked if that trend continues on with the Wii or DS...
    This is exacy why I asked the forum... you just put my real question in much better words. by what I asked I meant not only were they going to make more wii games, but are collectors even going to value any new software Nintendo releases? This is why I am dreading the Wii U's release. I just want the old Nintendo back who loves to make quality games for avid gamers. I really just want them to release another REAL gaming system, one that meets the standards for a system with no gimmicks and one that revives gaming that isn't FPS's and MMORPG's. How about Ultra Nintendo with controllers that don't have too many buttons, quality use of all the franchises they have controll of, and to get back into the gaming scene as not only family friendly but hardcore too. Please Nintendo, make things right.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstar Hero View Post
    This is exacy why I asked the forum... you just put my real question in much better words. by what I asked I meant not only were they going to make more wii games, but are collectors even going to value any new software Nintendo releases? This is why I am dreading the Wii U's release. I just want the old Nintendo back who loves to make quality games for avid gamers. I really just want them to release another REAL gaming system, one that meets the standards for a system with no gimmicks and one that revives gaming that isn't FPS's and MMORPG's. How about Ultra Nintendo with controllers that don't have too many buttons, quality use of all the franchises they have controll of, and to get back into the gaming scene as not only family friendly but hardcore too. Please Nintendo, make things right.
    I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. There are plenty of "real" and frankly great games on the Wii that are exclusives including such recent releases as Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. and the upcoming Last Story and Xenoblade. Those games will be sought by collectors many years from now because they are great games regardless of the fact that they may have a motion control component. Nintendo has never been geared to "hardcore" gamers whatever that means. Nintendo is a company that creates enduring characters and then uses those characters in its games, some of which are amazing and some which are less so. Ultimately, Nintendo has always catered to children and families, but the gameplay on its first party games is generally compelling and addictive enough that teenagers and older gamers end up really enjoying them as well. If you don't enjoy many of the remarkable first party releases on the Wii, I can guarantee the WiiU isn't going to change your mind and complaining that you want essentially a third console similar to the next versions of the Xbox and Playstation is not only absurd, but not sustainable in this economic environment.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. There are plenty of "real" and frankly great games on the Wii that are exclusives including such recent releases as Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. and the upcoming Last Story and Xenoblade. Those games will be sought by collectors many years from now because they are great games regardless of the fact that they may have a motion control component. Nintendo has never been geared to "hardcore" gamers whatever that means. Nintendo is a company that creates enduring characters and then uses those characters in its games, some of which are amazing and some which are less so. Ultimately, Nintendo has always catered to children and families, but the gameplay on its first party games is generally compelling and addictive enough that teenagers and older gamers end up really enjoying them as well. If you don't enjoy many of the remarkable first party releases on the Wii, I can guarantee the WiiU isn't going to change your mind and complaining that you want essentially a third console similar to the next versions of the Xbox and Playstation is not only absurd, but not sustainable in this economic environment.
    I wasn't saying I didn't enjoy the Wii, I was saying I don't think I will enjoy the Wii U. I am a fan of the Wii for it's honoring old franchises and reviving them with great remakes and sequels. This is why I am asking if wii games will keep being made. I like how it can use motion control, and on the Wii remote it almost mirrors an NES controller. Please next time read before you bash my comments.

I know Nintendo has been geared toward families in the past, but the challenge was there too. I think the new games are becoming too easy is all. I'm not saying EVERY game is way too easy, just the average amount of games.

I am not asking for a Nintendo Xbox clone, as that would imply that they would rely on FPS's, which I made abundantly clear I DO NOT WANT. But if it was like an Xbox or PS3 but with Nintendo games, would that be a bad thing? I think not.

So to conclude, re-evaluate your comment.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I wasn't saying I didn't enjoy the Wii, I was saying I don't think I will enjoy the Wii U. I am a fan of the Wii for it's honoring old franchises and reviving them with great remakes and sequels. This is why I am asking if wii games will keep being made. I like how it can use motion control, and on the Wii remote it almost mirrors an NES controller. Please next time read before you bash my comments.

I know Nintendo has been geared toward families in the past, but the challenge was there too. I think the new games are becoming too easy is all. I'm not saying EVERY game is way too easy, just the average amount of games.

I am not asking for a Nintendo Xbox clone, as that would imply that they would rely on FPS's, which I made abundantly clear I DO NOT WANT. But if it was like an Xbox or PS3 but with Nintendo games, would that be a bad thing? I think not.

I did read your comments. I would suggest you take the time to do the same. How is "I want the old Nintendo back who makes quality games for avid gamers" or "I really just want them to release another REAL gaming system, one that meets the standards for a system with no gimmicks and one that revives gaming that isn't FPS's and MMORPG's" consistent with what you just wrote? That implies that somehow the Wii isn't that "old Nintendo" and that the Wii has a gimmick that you don't like. It also implies that just because the WiiU has an additional interface option that it somehow won't qualify as good either. Nintendo has always employed novel control and interface options, whether that's the ROB or the light gun from the original NES or the mouse on the SNES or the unique controller on the N64. The WiiU is just the next step in that progression. Maybe the tablet controller will be great and maybe it won't, but as of now, Nintendo certainly hasn't said that anyone will be forced to control any game using it. Heck, on the Wii, you could still use Gamecube controllers or the classic controller up until recently. No reason to think the WiiU won't be the same.

The Xbox and PS3 have a huge variety of games outside of the FPS genre and continually harping on that just supports my belief that you are confused about what is out there and what Nintendo offers that the other two major companies do not. Nintendo has decided in the Wii and the WiiU that great games and unique interfaces trump bleeding edge specs. I personally can't dispute that approach as it has made Nintendo billions of dollars and put a Wii in 90+ million households. So, no, I don't want a console with the same specs as a PS4 or Xbox Whatever from Nintendo. If that's all they plan to deliver, they'd be better off going the Sega route and just becoming a software developer/publisher.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Again look at Xenoblade Chronicles (Nintendo IP) The Last Story,Pandoras Tower. Dragon Quest X,Rhodea Sky Soldier,Fatal Frame 2 . So quite a few big releases left.

If you want other great ones we westerners never got check out Earth Seeker,Captain Rainbow (Nintendo IP) and Zangeki Reginleiv,Fatal Frame 4.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's plenty left in the bargain bins for those folks, not to mention lower-priced re-releases of first party stuff.
    As far as new content, they'd be lucky to get a few more hunting games to go along with the trickle of licensed dreck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If FIFA 2005 can be on Playstation, I see no reason FIFA 2016 can't be on Wii.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And if Operation Rainfall blows expectations like they did at Amazon and Nintendo beginning to open up to 3rd party publishers, we may see improvement in lineup that goes beyond the original Rainfall Three in the next year or so (i.e. Fatal Frame 4, Fatal Frame 2 Remake, Reginleiv, Rodea, Earth Seeker, Captain Rainbow, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Peach (Level 3) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Will Wii games still be produced after the Wii U is released?

I sure hope so. Think of all the Wii's they've sold. I would think people who have them would want some. But history seems to say otherwise. Hopefully there will still be some good games to come out.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There probably will be, but it'll all be shovelware titles. Nintendo and 3rd-party developers will likely put most of their effort into Wii U, while crap developers like Game Mill will still be dishing out dozens of $20 garbage. It happened with the GBA, with many of its later titles being Scrabble/Yahtzee! compilations and cheap retro arcade 4-in-1's, with other companies focusing on the DS. It's a shame how Wii was barely used to its full potential.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's a Gamecube with waggle. How much potential could it really have?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    hawtxdawg360

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post

0.5/10 for non-original trolling.
    Don't go away mad....just go away!

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Companies deciding whether or not to develop Wii games are not going to consider someone's opinion of the Wii, they are going to look at how many Wiis are out there. Gamecube sold 22 million, but Wii sold 68 million, so obviously there's money to be made by shoveling titles onto the Wii.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Obvious troll is obvious.

As to the OP besides The Last Story,Xenoblade & Pandoras Tower this year a TBA is for Dragon Quest X for both Wii & Wii-U also TBA is Rhodea Sky Soldier from Prope for Wii & 3DS.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

In actuality, the Wii's existence is what kept the PS2 viable in stores until now. Most of the games still trickling out for the PS2 were Wii ports (and a few PSP ports). The Wii doesn't have that advantage now.
    I believe it was the other way around in the beginning. The Wii had PS2 ports like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed that really didn't take advantage of the hardware, but had Wii-mote functions added in. The original Playstation had software support for years after the PS2 came out and even without the Wii, the PS2 would have the same.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

You've got that backwards. Most of the games that are on both the PS2 and the Wii were originally PS2 games. The only one that I can think of that was on the Wii first and a much better game on the Wii as well, is Silent Hill Shattered Memories. Tenkaichi 2, Tenkaichi 3, Driver Parallel Lines, Scarface, Baroque(US version has the same release date, but it was PS2 first in Japan,) Dokapon Kingdom(PS2 released first in Japan,) and many I'm sure.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.