Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any tips on buying Turbo Grafix stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Hey, DK1105, where are you located at? You might try and see if there are any retro game conventions around you. I've bought a nice chunk of Turbo stuff at the Oklahoma Video Game Expo over the years. It's a nearly five hour drive from where I live to go to that show, but when there's nothing local to get and I don't want to do eBay, it's worth the trip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

When people talk about pinball and the turbografx you'll almost always hear about the Crush games but one that people overlook sometimes is Time Cruise which, IMO, is a very good pinball game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx3BwNCDwas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Hey, DK1105, where are you located at? You might try and see if there are any retro game conventions around you. I've bought a nice chunk of Turbo stuff at the Oklahoma Video Game Expo over the years. It's a nearly five hour drive from where I live to go to that show, but when there's nothing local to get and I don't want to do eBay, it's worth the trip.
    Location is a BIG part of collecting Turbo stuff. The system is known for its awful distribution centered around metropolitan areas.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    ^^^ this

Buying a PC Engine and filling the library with JP games will save lots of $$$ and the language barrier won't matter for the large majority of games. PCE games are dirt cheap compared to US releases.
    Agreed far as prices go the pc-engine it is far more reasonable in compared to the turbografx 16.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Super System Card 3.0 (needed by many CD games if using an early add on CD unit) is some $30 complete in Japanese. Yet over $200 complete US version.
    The insane difference on that one single item more than pays for a region mod and RGB / composite mod.

Just forget about US games like Bonk 3, Dynastic Hero, Super Air Zonk, etc. Don't look back when buying those JPN. You'll thank me later!
    Or you could just buy them on Nintendo's Virtual Console. (Air Zonk, Dynastic Hero, Lords of Thunder, Splatterhouse, Bonk 12&3, Ys I&II, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood(JPN), Devil's Crush, Alien Crush, Gates of Thunder, Bomberman 93&94. Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk, Super Star Soldier, Blazing Lazers, Gradius II(JPN), Star Parodier(JPN), etc.)

They're dirt cheap compared to either JPN/USA versions ($6~8). They're in English. No CD or Super CD Hucard required. You can buy Wii Points at your local Walgreen's. And the Wii is readily available anywhere and a fraction of the price for a Turbo Duo, Turbo CD add-on, PC Engiine, and DUO/DUO-R/DUO-RX.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/